I think you missed the point :facepalm:

(Original post by SpamBa)
    I think you missed the point :facepalm:
    lol, I get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have come to the conclusion, I shall not have sex until marriage

Hopefully my boyfriend agrees with me
    Good - because to be honest you dont sound ready at all.

Although I am a little worried that you're approaching 18 and have such little knowledge of your own body and sex. There's placing value on sex and then there's being so cut off from the very idea of it that you dont even know how to use a vibrator or how to masturbate or when/how your hymen breaks.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a stupid question.

I just don't want it to hurt when I have sex for the first time.
    I beg to differ. It will hurt the same amount whether it happens before you lose your virginity, or while you're losing your virginity, so whats the point of doing it now? Its a ridiculous thing to do IMO. Besides, going through a little bit of pain is part of the experience of losing your virginity. Its not meant to feel amazing the first time.

I can't believe anyone would even get it into their head to purposely break their hymen before losing their virginity, its stupid and immature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Accidentallylost)
    Fact about tampons: they don't necessarily break your hymen. The hymen is just a membrane that's a bit thicker about a third up the vagina - it's usually a fold of membrane that makes it hurt when it breaks. Anddddd, according to a number of sources, there's a hole in it - not a huge one, but there is a hole, which would be why blood from your period doesn't get caught and you can put tampons in without necessarily breaking your hymen.

Otherwise, I'd suggest dimming the lights, reading/watching something and just having a feel around. Remember lube! Good luck.
    Oh, FFS. :facepalm:

Please educate yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl Overboard)
    I beg to differ. It will hurt the same amount whether it happens before you lose your virginity, or while you're losing your virginity, so whats the point of doing it now? Its a ridiculous thing to do IMO. Besides, going through a little bit of pain is part of the experience of losing your virginity. Its not meant to feel amazing the first time.

I can't believe anyone would even get it into their head to purposely break their hymen before losing their virginity, its stupid and immature.
    Maybe because they'd rather experience that pain while not having sex? Why do you care if people want to do that?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Finally, someone who understands me :rolleyes:
    Its makes no difference it will still hurt.

The penis is no small thing, its wide too.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Oh, FFS. :facepalm:

Please educate yourself.
    LOL a google search could have avoided them that embarrassment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    Maybe because they'd rather experience that pain while not having sex? Why do you care if people want to do that?
    Oh I don't actually care, she can do what she wants. I suppose I'm just old fashioned in that my experience of losing my virginity didn't involve sticking a huge dildo in myself beforehand. Thank god.

Maybe I'm just getting old and this is some sort of new craze that I haven't heard about, but I was reading a very similar thread the other day, and I just find the whole concept really strange.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I don't actually care, she can do what she wants. I suppose I'm just old fashioned in that my experience of losing my virginity didn't involve sticking a huge dildo in myself beforehand. Thank god.

Maybe I'm just getting old and this is some sort of new craze that I haven't heard about, but I was reading a very similar thread the other day, and I just find the whole concept really strange.
    Come on, I doubt it's new. For however long women have known they have hymens, I bet they've been doing this. And I feel completely the opposite to you, I don't know why someone would choose to experience that pain while having sex when they don't have to, but at the same time I get why people do - because no one seems to know anything about their own anatomy, and because they think losing your virginity is ~meant~ to be painful as if penises were magical and the only things that should or could break a hymen.

ReputationRep:

I can't believe anyone would even get it into their head to purposely break their hymen before losing their virginity, its stupid and immature
    What? I don't think it's immature at all. In fact I think its right that you should be comfortable enough with your own body to get yourself ready to have sex. Before I had done anything I could barely get a small tampon in, I dread to imagine how much sex would hurt if I had left it like that. One of my friends never masturbated before she lost her virginity and when she did, she bled for about 5 days and couldn't sit down for a week. I don't think its immature to say this is an experience I do not want to have myself. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas or advise on how to make the hymen loose?

Ply it with liquor.

ReputationRep:
    fist yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    fist yourself
    LOL... that'd be one way to do it

When I lost my virginity, I didn't bleed and it didn't hurt at all.

However, the first time I had sex with my current boyfriend, I bleed and it hurt D:
    Strange stuff.

ReputationRep:
    When I lost my virginity, I didn't bleed and it didn't hurt at all.

However, the first time I had sex with my current boyfriend, I bleed and it hurt D:
    Strange stuff.
    Significant difference in penis girths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    LOL a google search could have avoided them that embarrassment.
    Yeahhhhh. V embarrassed by the silly mistake there :embarrassed: (though I have to say, personal experience has shown that some women have hymens that are somewhat deeper in - kind of weird, but yeah.)

Note edit in the post I originally wrote. :s

ReputationRep:

I'm with you on this. I had this conversation in another thread and I just can't get my head around why it's suddenly become 'popular' to 'prepare' yourself for sex in such an extreme way. Sounds like the least prepared person would do that imo.

It's also strange that in days gone by (not too long ago actually) an intact hymen was celebrated and women 'took the pain' as a sign of nature, and what happens when a woman loses her virginity. It's just another sign of a generation who want it all the easy way - girls having babies by c-section because they're scared of pain. It's all the same. Makes me sick tbh.

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I'm with you on this. I had this conversation in another thread and I just can't get my head around why it's suddenly become 'popular' to 'prepare' yourself for sex in such an extreme way. Sounds like the least prepared person would do that imo.

It's also strange that in days gone by (not too long ago actually) an intact hymen was celebrated and women 'took the pain' as a sign of nature, and what happens when a woman loses her virginity. It's just another sign of a generation who want it all the easy way - girls having babies by c-section because they're scared of pain. It's all the same. Makes me sick tbh.

Hey girls!

Firstly: you want to leave your hymen till you lose your virginity, fine. Why the big problem/disgust with people who don't want pain their first time? How is this your business?

Secondly: Dildo is not the only way to break your hymen or make your first time easier. Personally, I've never been comfortable with dildos, or even masturbation - I just don't fancy it. There are other ways to have an easier first time - ways that can easily involve a loving partner - ie: fingers. I don't see what's so admirable about putting up with pain you don't want.

What's actually wrong with wanting your memory of your first time to be not overshadowed by pain? (If that's what you want anyway, to some people it's not important).

"Took the pain as a sign of nature" - you know where that came from right? That's "God" punishing us for being such *****es. Ha. This whole women should have to put up with pain because that's what's right and good disgusts me. If it what you want, fine, but don't push this attitude onto others.

Why shouldn't we avoid pain? If your so obsessed about avoiding pain that it ruins your life or is bad for you - sure, that's bad - but I really don't see what's so harmful about having pleasant first time sex. Ohhh nooes! Pleasant first time sex! How sinful!

Let people shove whatever they want up their own vaginas. You have your own vagina, do what you like with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)

Masochism?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.