Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As someone said above about me not worrying, it's nothing like that.

I was just interested to see if anybody had any funny stories about them/their friends first few days of being at university, that's all

I might just walk in naked with a guitar strapped around me, accusing anyone who looks at me funny.

ReputationRep:
    I met one girl and we went around and knocked on hundreds of doors to introduce ourselves, and then built up a big crowd of people from there!

ReputationRep:
    It kind of just happened. I hadn't visited the Uni before (I'm at Sheffield) so my parents and I walked down to the hub in the centre of the freshers accomodation for some food and to sign up for a few things. Then they left, I started unpacking with my door open, the person across the hall from me asked if I or anyone smokes, I don't but I said I'd come outside with her anyway, we got chatting and now we're the closest friends out of the whole flat/block.
    Then we all kind of congregated in the kitchen, got chatting (all girls- it was pretty easy) and decided what freshers stuff we wanted to go to. There's 8 in our flat, 3 internationals and 5 of us from England and us five are all very close now and have signed for a house together next year.
    All I can say is, get talking- don't be shy but don't be too loud and overconfident either because lots of people are feeling a bit down and worried about getting to know people. It's good to have someone kind of leading the way throughout freshers when people don't want to make decisions for everyone, but on that first day just be interested in people. When you go to freshers events, once everyones had a few drinks, everyone gets talking- 'Whats your name? Where are you living? What's your course?' so it's easy to find people who you'll be seeing frequently throughout the year and form a bit of a friendship.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.