Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    doing an investigation using saturated potassium peroxodisulphate solution at the moment. my teacher told me before the investigation that the solution would go off.

I prepared it on the 7th and tested it out on the 11th and it worked as required. I was away for a week and a half so I tested it again on the 25th and it worked again. so how long does it take for it to go off? also how long does it take for starch solution to go off?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the concentration you used, obviously if it is of ridiculously high concentration, it'd take a lot of reagents(of low concentrations) to titrate against it.
    , and a long time too, therefore.

Hence, my suggestion is use sensible concentration, you would want a reaction that is within few minutes time, so you don't have to wait too long for reactions to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shengoc)
    It depends on the concentration you used, obviously if it is of ridiculously high concentration, it'd take a lot of reagents(of low concentrations) to titrate against it.
    , and a long time too, therefore.

Hence, my suggestion is use sensible concentration, you would want a reaction that is within few minutes time, so you don't have to wait too long for reactions to happen.
    i didn't mean go off in that sense. i meant go out of date/expire/stop working normally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dado Prso)
    i didn't mean go off in that sense. i meant go out of date/expire/stop working normally.
    ooh, i see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shengoc)
    ooh, i see!
    don't suppose you have an answer?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.