Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, wondering if anyone else has got or had an interview for Children's Nursing? Got mine today for feb 6th :woo: well impressed cos i've no care experience so expected my application to just be disregarded tbh. Totally scared bout the interview and presentation thingy tho eeeeeek!! no good at presentations!

ReputationRep:
    if you follow the links throuhg the 'article tab' at the top of the page, to university course, nursing and nursing interviews you'll get some good advice there

good luck

ReputationRep:
    hi, thanks that looks scary as lol!

ReputationRep:
    i just had a interview for sheffield hallam but mine was for social work. I had to do a written exam and a interview, the people were lovely tho. best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Heyy
    the interview is fineee...you'll be put into groups of around 4 people to do your presentation which lasts for approx 2/3 mins and then you break off individually for your interview

best of luck !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuti Fruti)
    Hi, wondering if anyone else has got or had an interview for Children's Nursing? Got mine today for feb 6th :woo: well impressed cos i've no care experience so expected my application to just be disregarded tbh. Totally scared bout the interview and presentation thingy tho eeeeeek!! no good at presentations!

Im doin childrens nursing degreee at hallam had my interview june.. and it was the easiest interview i had if i got in and my personal statement was aimed at midwifery because i applied through clearing ) then am sure ull be fine. :woo:

Questions i got asked;
    Why childrens nursing and not adult
    What would i do if i suspected child abuse
    What is the child was being abused, how would i react with their possible abuser (parents ect)
    What experience working with children have i had
    What care expereince ( but i did have care experience, they probs wont ask u if uve not had any..

alsooo..when ur in the group task, make sure u clearly know what you and the rest of the group are saying because at mine, we all had bits to say, and some other women said wha she was gonna say, then what i was meant to say aswell, so wen i said it i looked like a looon n tht i was repeatin what she said even tho it was my bit.. but hey im in
    Hope it goes well.. report back

Amy xx

ReputationRep:
    hey the interviews fine... had mine 16th Jan for childrens nursing... it's a really relaxed atmosphere and they make you feel welcome... really nice people.

You'll be fine... good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    hi i have got an interview at hallam for childrens nursing degree in march, just wondered what to expect from the presentation, what sort of topics etc?
    thanks x

ReputationRep:
    For the presentation we were given 3 scenerios of people wanting/needing NHS funding... you have to decide which one you'd provide money for, explaining why you chose it and why you did not choose the other two. you go up in your group and present what you found... it last for all of 3 minutes if that. just make sure you all know who is saying what lol!!

Good luck [hope to see you in september] xo.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right okay thanks

Yeah i hope so
    x

ReputationRep:
    the interview is ok nicest interview i had..n all the people are lovely.. mine was march/april time.. so hope you get in.. im doin degree in sept tooo
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    The interview is fine! Very friendly, and they don't 'scare' you like some uni's, very welcoming.

I've got a conditional place to do child's nursing degree in 2011,Sheffield offered me 200 ucas points. Can't wait!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have a place for Childrens Nursing at sheffield Hallam for Jan 2011. I have my first induction day on the 22nd of April to meet people and discuss the course, anyone else going this day??

ReputationRep:
    Me Karen, but you already know that hohoho!

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting Jan 2011 but doing Adult Nursing, for those 2011 starters are you moving into accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    I am starting in 2011 but will be commuting from home

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place ,but have had nothing from sheffield hallam about a induction day .I'm getting worried now.Where did you hear about it ,i've looked all over the offer on ucas .

ReputationRep:
    mariegranda1 - Is was send to our email addresses by Jo Stone (one of the course teachers and interviewers). Were you the lady who was first there for the interviews?? I was second person there around 8.15am in the morning, like to be early ha ha

ReputationRep:
    I think I was second into the waiting area ,on the 8th march .I was in the first group into interviews.Were you the first lady there then? sat across the table ,I wore a kinda yellowish coloured top, long brown hair.
    I phoned the uni ,they said my name is on a list of people to be contacted and it might be a different day.Did you hear stright away with a offer ?

ReputationRep:
    deano1983-Sorry feel really daft asking but is deano a mans name or a ladies.Trying to work out who you were at the interviews.If you are male than I remeber because there was only 1 man at the interviews I went to lol.I was 2nd into the waiting area I think ,I was so nervous everything was a bit of a burr lol.I forgot to say my name ,the interviewer asked me to repeat it twice then came and looked at my chair for my name ,I was sure I had blown it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 31, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.