Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My girlfriend's mum watch

This has been playing on my mnd for some time now, but i've finally decided that my girlfriend's mum is a hypochondriac. There's always some reason that she or her sister is ill or has some new health problem.

The thing is, i'm obviously worried about my girlfriend and i'm concerned she'll suffer at uni as a result of her mum. It's quite clear to see that there's nothing wong with her, i just want her to understand that and see her happy again...

My other concern is that her mother is saying these things because she wants to limit the time she can spend with me (as inevitably happens).

Is there anything i can do?

depends what kinda health problem, is it just tiny things like coughs, colds, ingrown toenails, or bigger things like diabetes or cancer? talk to ur gf about it and see what she thinks, or mabye talk to the mum if u can? there is a play called the hyperchondriac, very like this story, get her to watch it and she might realise! just give support

Thanks, it's between the two tbh, stuff i've never really heard of in general... I don't feel as if i can talk to her mum about it, and in all honesty my girlfriend and her mum are extremely close so i'd be worried about approaching either about it... In all seriousness, mentioning something along those lines might be beneficial... Thanks a lot!
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.