Turn on thread page Beta

Rottweilers are given a bad name watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    does anyone agree that the media put all rottweilers down i agree some are agrressive but its the way their brought up and thats not all of them.
    I have a 10 month old and sometimes as soon as people see him they assume his dangerous and i think it's really wrong

ReputationRep:
    It's so unfair. Rottweilers are people too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phen)
    It's so unfair. Rottweilers are people too!
    Lol and i agree it is unfair

ReputationRep:
    Rotties are beautiful!. It really is the way they are brought up.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that too many people believe they are vicious....obviously some are, but do you notice that all the incidents involving such dogs are from rough families who get the dog for the tough angry dad whose face look like the dogs...not the nice families who take the dog for lots of exercise so it doesnt get wound up easily. Rotweillers were bred for the purpose of being a guard dog so it is inbred to fight anything that moves and it is usually the ones that are so purebred theyre inbred that are so neurotic and they are the ones that attack people. With the right upbringing and influences im sure they can be lovely, because a friend of mine has a dobermann who is a complete softy. Just so you know, i think theyre awesome dogs and i want one when im older!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandy290393)
    Lol and i agree it is unfair
    It's generally unfair that pets are sometimes given blame when actually the way they are brought up made them that way.
    Really, though, the same is the case with many 'bad people' who were brought up terribly and turned out even worse. They are given the blame/responsibility of their acts too.

I guess this discussion could be taken pretty far!

ReputationRep:
    Rottweilers Best Dog i had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandy290393)
    does anyone agree that the media put all rottweilers down i agree some are agrressive but its the way their brought up and thats not all of them.
    I have a 10 month old and sometimes as soon as people see him they assume his dangerous and i think it's really wrong
    Isn't it jut the american ones which are dangerous? I'm pretty sure they're illegal in the UK.
    Staffies are beautiful dogs though.

EDIT* Why the **** am I talking about Pitbuls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabina croarkin)
    I agree that too many people believe they are vicious....obviously some are, but do you notice that all the incidents involving such dogs are from rough families who get the dog for the tough angry dad whose face look like the dogs...not the nice families who take the dog for lots of exercise so it doesnt get wound up easily. Rotweillers were bred for the purpose of being a guard dog so it is inbred to fight anything that moves and it is usually the ones that are so purebred theyre inbred that are so neurotic and they are the ones that attack people. With the right upbringing and influences im sure they can be lovely, because a friend of mine has a dobermann who is a complete softy. Just so you know, i think theyre awesome dogs and i want one when im older!
    It is always about the upbringing and my rotties amazingly cute and a real softy at times. He is good guard dog as well as being a good family dog. and u should get one, his my first pet and hsi amazing will never regret getting him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeester)
    Isn't it jut the american ones which are dangerous? I'm pretty sure they're illegal in the UK.
    Staffies are beautiful dogs though.
    Are you getting mixed up with Pitbulls?. I ask that as you made a reference to Staffies in your post.

EDIT: I see you have amended your post, sorry :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but nothing beats the German Shepherd, best dog in the world HANDS DOWN ******

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phen)
    It's generally unfair that pets are sometimes given blame when actually the way they are brought up made them that way.
    Really, though, the same is the case with many 'bad people' who were brought up terribly and turned out even worse. They are given the blame/responsibility of their acts too.

I guess this discussion could be taken pretty far!
    that's going really deep but it is true no matter what animal or person if they have a hard upbringing it's definately going to affect their future behaviour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    I'm sorry but nothing beats the German Shepherd, best dog in the world HANDS DOWN ******
    yes they are amazing dogs but i guess its all down to people's personal opinion and their experiences in my case i think rottweilers are amazing because i have one but i guess that's quiete bias.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree - it's down to the way they're treated etc. I have a one year old rottweiler (he's a cross with something else, not entirely sure what) but he's such a loveable character and not at all like people tend to think all rottweilers are. He's gorgeous and seriously the laziest dog ever

ReputationRep:
    **** Rottweilers.

French Spaniels all the way!

ReputationRep:
    True. My aunt has a Rottie who's one of the softest dogs in world and thinks she's the size of the family cat lol. People just see how big she is and think she's going to be aggressive, which is silly imo. It's usually the small dogs you have to watch out for.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.