Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    people seem to need cheering up again... maybe it's to do with all this uni stuff, interviews, rejections (nasty word), exams oh so soon + it's cold + wet + dark (where i am anyway)... so this thread should be here to cheer us up ( i know we've had these before, but hey people need to cheer up again).

rule: only 1 reason per reply, if you have lots of reasons post lots of replies (the post counters among us will enjoy that).

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    1. It's nearly Christmas!!!!

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    1. It's nearly Christmas!!!!

lou xxx
    Is that meant to cheer me up? I don't like Christmas lol

ReputationRep:
    My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success. She said that 'achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you. Success is being praised by others, and that's nice, too, but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.'
    Helen Hayes (1900 - 1993)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Is that meant to cheer me up? I don't like Christmas lol
    2. Christmas will be over in 4 days for another year!

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    3. Today's the shortest day! The days get longer again now!

ReputationRep:
    4. I am healthy (maybe not too happy at the mo) and have my family and friends around me.

ReputationRep:
    2. Christmas will be over in 4 days for another year!

lou xxx
    4 days? depress me even more why don't you...

ReputationRep:
    5. We have the official UKL awards to look forward to! (And the Penguin Award)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seank)
    My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success. She said that 'achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you. Success is being praised by others, and that's nice, too, but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.'
    Helen Hayes (1900 - 1993)
    lol, that sounds like something a lot of mothers say...very nice quote though

ReputationRep:
    As the new year draws in we are one more year closer to dying. Now tha has to be worth celebrating.

ReputationRep:
    6. It might snow so we can go outside and have fun snowball fights, and make snowmen!

ReputationRep:
    4 days? depress me even more why don't you...
    take your moaning elsewhere! all the other threads are full of that... *keep to your 'i hate christmas one'*
    this thread is strictly optimistic.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    7. It might snow tonight. I can wish, can't I?

ReputationRep:
    take your moaning elsewhere! all the other threads are full of that... *keep to your 'i hate christmas one'*
    this thread is strictly optimistic.

lou xxx
    GFUS

ReputationRep:
    7. Another year older. And wiser

ReputationRep:
    8. Another year closer to death. You get to find out all of the Universe's great truths. Exciting, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    GFUS
    :eek:

why do you hate christmas so much?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    9. I'm going on holiday in 6 days.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    How can you hate Christmas.

Maybe be neutral towards it, but hate? If you want to not have to buy presents, just become a Jehovas Witness, you miserable sod.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.