Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm trying to loose weight...not in a short space but in a long period (4 months)
    And i weigh 83KG, today i did:
    12 Mins treadmill ( 2 kilometers)
    10 Mins cross trainer (5 laps)
    10 Mins on the bike (5 Kilometers)
    and i burnt around 350 calories, am i wasting my time? Because i ate around 1200-1500 calories today...less than i usually do...
    if i repeat this workout 2-3 times a week, in 4 months will i loose much?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely!!! Gush- I Bet You'd Loss Quarter Of Your Body Weight If You Follow This Routine!!

ReputationRep:
    Yep.
    1 lb = around 3500 calories.
    So 1800 would be about the average of a 17 year old boy hence 1800 - 1350 = 450 calories (kind of burnt) and then a further 350 calories been burnt. 350+450 calories = 800 calories.
    So aproximately you are bruning 1/5 of a pound every day. Obviously will vary. So after roughly 120 days keeping this up you will lose around 27 lbs.

ReputationRep:
    Keep it up! that will really help to lose weight

ReputationRep:
    is no one else worried he may be UNDER eating???

OP whats your height?

ReputationRep:
    Any exercise is better than none. You're not doing much at the minute, but it'll get easier after a while and you'll be able to do more and more.

ReputationRep:
    EDIT
    never mind

ReputationRep:
    You have to remember your body burns a vast amount of calories just keeping itself alive.

I'm not a fitness guru like some other around here, but i think the BMR (Basal metabolic rate) is how much energy your body burns if you didn't do anything all day! So just living your normal life would burn a fair bit, the exercise is just another way of adding to your entire calorific output.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -MaNi-)
    is no one else worried he may be UNDER eating???

OP whats your height?
    lol, how is that relevant at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Because knowing the OP's weight without having any idea of his height doesn't really mean much.

ReputationRep:
    Your not wasting your time. Also, remember that you won't see improvements over night.
    And keep increasing the intensity of your workouts, so youre getting the most out of each session.

What did you eat today, I would advice eating more. Atleast 1800, or something.

Calculate your BMR and then add on the calories you burn when doing exercise, that's roughly how many cals you should have each day. Then take about 20% away from that in order to lose body fat.

Make sure you're having a balanced diet etc.
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Well, there's gonna be a difference depending if he's 5ft and 83kg or 6ft and 83kg, for example.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.