Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ...leave my crusts, but that's besides the point.

Hey everyone,

Basically, we're doing this play for AS level Drama coursework (AQA), and I have to research it.

BUT I'm finding it really hard to know what I should be looking for!
    Also, how to get the best marks in the coursework overall?

So I was wondering if anyone else has done this piece, or a similar one e.g. Kindertransport, Be My Baby, and could give me advice!

Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    ..play with the Gyspies in the wood?

ReputationRep:
    AS Drama coursework! I basically got full marks, so I'm happy to help.

Basically, if you want to achieve the best, you need to do tons of research, on your chosen style and practitioner, looking at their aims and techniques, and then explain how your play fits this style, how the aims and techniques can be applied. Then when you talk about the making of the play, justify every technique by linking it to the practitioner, and describe your examples in loads of detail. When you evaluate, STILL mention the practitioner, and think about all sorts of things - health and safety, audience reaction, your personal feelings about how the performance went. Also, add some appendices to put things like annotated examples of research and diagrams and things; it doesn't add to your word count, but it can clarify things you didn't have room for in the main body of the coursework.

If you like, I can e-mail you a copy of my coursework - I still have it lying around. No chance of copying it either - we did Brecht and Animal Farm, which is totally different to what you're doing.

ReputationRep:
    .......consume alcohol on heroin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarinaM)
    AS Drama coursework! I basically got full marks, so I'm happy to help.

Basically, if you want to achieve the best, you need to do tons of research, on your chosen style and practitioner, looking at their aims and techniques, and then explain how your play fits this style, how the aims and techniques can be applied. Then when you talk about the making of the play, justify every technique by linking it to the practitioner, and describe your examples in loads of detail. When you evaluate, STILL mention the practitioner, and think about all sorts of things - health and safety, audience reaction, your personal feelings about how the performance went. Also, add some appendices to put things like annotated examples of research and diagrams and things; it doesn't add to your word count, but it can clarify things you didn't have room for in the main body of the coursework.

If you like, I can e-mail you a copy of my coursework - I still have it lying around. No chance of copying it either - we did Brecht and Animal Farm, which is totally different to what you're doing.
    Full marks! :eek: That's stunning, well done!!

And you absolute darling for replying so detailedly...health and safety I;ve not heard of before though haha. And the tip about diagrams is brilliant too, I think we're only allowed about 1000 words?

it would be beyond amazing if you could do that :love: we actually did Animal Farm at GCSE, haha, our interpretation was a bit...tragic.

Thank you thank you MarinaM!

ReputationRep:
    ...talk to strangers?

ReputationRep:
    ..play with the Gyspies in the wood?
    This is exactly what came into my mind when I saw this thread! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i know this is either going slightly offtrack/i'm completely blonde, but what's your practitioner?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    Full marks! :eek: That's stunning, well done!!

And you absolute darling for replying so detailedly...health and safety I;ve not heard of before though haha. And the tip about diagrams is brilliant too, I think we're only allowed about 1000 words?

it would be beyond amazing if you could do that :love: we actually did Animal Farm at GCSE, haha, our interpretation was a bit...tragic.

Thank you thank you MarinaM!
    700 words per section, if I remember rightly. :yep: And I think I may have dropped, like, one mark, but I got 77/80 for the whole practical, coursework and piece.

And Animal Farm is a disgustingly difficult piece to pull off, you should have got examiner kudos for attempting it! Our teacher told us it was a risky choice for AS-Level, never mind GCSE...

PM me your e-mail address, and I'll e-mail you my work.

ReputationRep:
    ....talk with your mouth full?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dramarama)
    i know this is either going slightly offtrack/i'm completely blonde, but what's your practitioner?

xxx
    I THINK we're going to do Stanislavski :love: which I'm dead happy about but I have around 4 books on him to read in the next 3 weeks!

Don't worry about being offtrack ))

ReputationRep:
    Play a game of 'please mother may I?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarinaM)
    700 words per section, if I remember rightly. :yep: And I think I may have dropped, like, one mark, but I got 77/80 for the whole practical, coursework and piece.

And Animal Farm is a disgustingly difficult piece to pull off, you should have got examiner kudos for attempting it! Our teacher told us it was a risky choice for AS-Level, never mind GCSE...

PM me your e-mail address, and I'll e-mail you my work.
    Oh right, that's good then, 2000! I sincerely hope you got an A :yep: you're my drama idol heehee.

It really is isnit it! Did you do the Peter Hall script? I was Squealer actually, it was quite funny

okay, PMing you, thank you for all of your lovely kind help xxx

ReputationRep:
    SOME PEOPLE need to read the first post and the forum, old beans.

Even if they're making me laugh hahaahaa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    Oh right, that's good then, 2000! I sincerely hope you got an A :yep: you're my drama idol heehee.

It really is isnit it! Did you do the Peter Hall script? I was Squealer actually, it was quite funny

okay, PMing you, thank you for all of your lovely kind help xxx
    I did indeed get an A. :yep: And then I decided to drop the subject, which was stupid, but never mind.

We did! I got to do Snowball, Minimus, Muriel, Benjamin, and other minor characters. Had a great time making up silly accents for them all to differentiate them. Especially camping up Minimus.

And you're most welcome. I await your PM with eager anticipation. ;D

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.