The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
a_t
What do you mean you confronted your sister? You suck as an older sibling

Huh? :confused: I mean I asked her whether she was actually seeing someone and she said yeah. I left it at that and told her she can see him as long as she's happy. But I feel guilty that my mum doesn't know and that I'm not really in a position to stop her either...not that I want to ...but it's the guilt that we are not allowed to date.
Igor00
Is what you're doing wrong? No. Is what you're doing fun, enjoyable, and healthy? Yes. Should you feel guilty about that? No.

Don't rat on your sister, ignore your mother, enjoy your life. Simple.

yes.
Anonymous
Huh? :confused: I mean I asked her whether she was actually seeing someone and she said yeah. I left it at that and told her she can see him as long as she's happy. But I feel guilty that my mum doesn't know and that I'm not really in a position to stop her either...not that I want to ...but it's the guilt that we are not allowed to date.

That guilt you feel comes from what your parents made you believe and told you when you were young and now that you are an adult, you feel that horrible feeling.
I don't really know what to say to be honest, just realise that just because your parents don't want you to date or have sex or whatever, doesn't mean it's wrong it's natural and should be enjoyed since you really don't know if you have an afterlife or not and the chances are pretty unlikely. Don't let their views impose themselves so drastically on your life. And please when you have children don't follow your parents and forbid them to date. :smile:
Reply 23
Spongebob*No*Pants
That guilt you feel comes from what your parents made you believe and told you when you were young and now that you are an adult, you feel that horrible feeling.
I don't really know what to say to be honest, just realise that just because your parents don't want you to date or have sex or whatever, doesn't mean it's wrong it's natural and should be enjoyed since you really don't know if you have an afterlife or not and the chances are pretty unlikely. Don't let their views impose themselves so drastically on your life. And please when you have children don't follow your parents and forbid them to date. :smile:

I know...parents can do so much damae unknowingly. I've given a lot of thought to how I want to raise my children...how do you strike the balance between freedom and discipline? It's going to be tough but it's too early for that now...all I want is to have a crazy life myself! I need to try things to get them out of my system..but then the guilt follows.

Latest

Trending

Trending