Turn on thread page Beta

Is it okay for me to 'cheat' on her? watch

It's the only way for me to stay in the long distance relationship. I'm only still in it because of emotional blackmail, every time that I've tried to break up she starts crying, and when she cries it makes me sad, which I usually mistake for still loving her.

So I tell her I love her, which I would if she was here and there was a chance for a future, but she isn't and there's next to no chance. She's the other side of the world.

So I'm just gonna continue telling her I love her until she gets over me, while fooling around with other women but not having anything serious.

I don't want anything serious.

Problem is I'm so far down the line with this LDR girl, I can't just break up with her, I'm friends with her family and stuff.

What do you think I should do?

the longer you leave it, the worse it will get when it eventually happens (which it will). dont tell her you love her if you dont, thats not fair to her. you obviously dont want to stay in the LDR, but after being with someone that long you should respect them enough to tell them and not cheat, its just a bit immature to do that if someone trusts you that much. just do it nicely, you shouldnt feel 'obliged' to stay with her due to family etc, it is your life after all. just do it, be kind to her and tell her you will be there for her if she needs it..it will be hard but something just have to be done!

ReputationRep:
    dont string her along...the sooner you break up with her the sooner she can start getting over you...

cheating is wrong in any form...so dont cheat...sort it out then have as much fun as you want

she obv cares about you so she at least deserves that

ReputationRep:
    break up with her. don't cheat there's no excuse

ReputationRep:
    Chants* Cheat cheat cheat cheat cheat !

ReputationRep:
    No just break up, you don't know how long it might take for her to 'get over' you.

ReputationRep:
    break up with her. never cheat. simple morals

ReputationRep:
    No its not. If you dont want to be with her, get a backbone and grow some balls and just tell her. Dont cheat.

ReputationRep:
    Cheating is never okay. If you don't want to be with her, then just man up and break up with her.

ReputationRep:
    Just break up with her. You're not that amazing that she won't ever get over you.

ReputationRep:
    She's not going to actively get over you if you keep telling her you love her. Stop being a ******* - fool around with women, or have a relationship. Why do you need both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I'm just gonna continue telling her I love her until she gets over me, while fooling around with other women but not having anything serious.
    that makes the opposite of sense.

ReputationRep:
    Are you aware how nasty it is to tell someone you love them when you don't? Just be honest...

ReputationRep:
    Despite it being long-distance, it's still never okay to be dishonest with her. If you decided between yourselves it was exclusive no matter the distance, it's best to tell her the truth and break things off. She seems to care about you and the relationship a lot and she deserves the same courtesy. She can't 'get over you' if you're still telling her that you love her.

ReputationRep:
    Show her some respect. A. Don't cheat on her. B. Don't lie to her about loving her! And show yourself some respect..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.