Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caton4law)
    Yh 13. It didnt help logging on to TSR and seeing everyone's brilliant scores. But after reading that some people have been rejected with score 19+ speciffically because of the LNAT score makes me think i wouldn't have been so secure with a decent score either?

I don't think my score has actually sunk i yet, it will do when i get my first rejection though :rolleyes:

I've been accepted (conditionally of course) from Brunel and Queen Mary, still waiting on Warwick, UCL and KCL.
    In an ideal world i would have liked to be given a conditional from UCL/KCL but thats far from likely now, one of those would have been my firm. Now I thinks its QMUL but i'm not sure, i wanted to stay in London, but if Warwick gives me an offer maybe there instead? Brunel as insurance.
    xx
    My score hasn't sunk in either yet really.
    Really, oh I guess that makes it seem better then.
    Are you surprised by your score?! If i'm honest, I am, I knew it hadn't gone that brilliantly, but I thought I was on track for at least 16/17 kind of average... :/
    Hopefully the essay will have been a bit better, but I'm not even sure how much bearing that will have anyhow.
    Good luck for your other applications, and don't give up hope just yet, you never know.
    Thankfully we both have other offers to rely, but it's the knowledge of settling for second best thank kind of disheartens me, and I'm frustrated with myself because I know I can do better.
    Nevermind though, what's done is done! xxx

ReputationRep:
    LNAT - 24
    GPA - 3.5 (will graduate uni with honours [*** laude, possibly magna *** laude])

UCL - Acknowledged
    KCL - ??? (Don't even know for sure they got my app yet)
    Leeds - Offer (3.5 GPA...american. I have 3.5)
    Manchester - Offer (3.0 GPA. See above)
    East London Uni - ??? (Same as King's as far as the communication/lack thereof)

If I do get in, any recommendations on which to attend...? I've checked league tables, world rankings, research power, student surveys, etc. I'm leaning toward KCL, but have heard nothing; doesn't seem to be a good sign. UCL is next choice, then Manchester I think. Do my priorities seem in order or should I be wholly reconsidering my approach?

ReputationRep:
    i got 24 on my lnat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelsh)
    i got rejected by UCL for having low lnat scores..
    KCL gave me an offer today

LNAT score: 15

dont give up hope on KCL =D
    Well done!!! I got 17 so hopefully they like my ps. You've given me hope anyway!

Do they send you an email to tell you they have updated your application or did you have to check their online admissions system? I'm sick of checking mine everyday to find its the same as the it was ten minutes before. lol:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambiguous_life)
    Well done!!! I got 17 so hopefully they like my ps. You've given me hope anyway!

Do they send you an email to tell you they have updated your application or did you have to check their online admissions system? I'm sick of checking mine everyday to find its the same as the it was ten minutes before. lol:yep:
    hii KCL didn't send me any emails, the UCAS track sent me an email =)
    then when i check the online admissions system, it was written conditional offer . sorry..i didn't know which one was updated first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1pp1k10k4m1)
    If I do get in, any recommendations on which to attend...? I've checked league tables, world rankings, research power, student surveys, etc. I'm leaning toward KCL, but have heard nothing; doesn't seem to be a good sign. UCL is next choice, then Manchester I think. Do my priorities seem in order or should I be wholly reconsidering my approach?
    Hi!
    Well the fact you haven't heard from Kings is completely normal - they're taking ages to get back to everyone. Hardly anyone has had a decision from them, an many people still haven't got an acknowledgment. You shouldn't take it as a bad sign. As for where you should go, people will argue that UCL has a slightly higher reputation that Kings, but personally I think it's negligible and there are other reasons for choosing Kings over UCL - such as the fact that the Law department is moving into Somerset House. But as I say, the difference in terms of reputation is only slightly, and going to Kings will not become a disadvantage in terms of job prospects. They have their differences as universities, so if you can, taking a look around and getting a feel for the place will be really useful for you. I think you're looking at the right factors, and in my opinion, have prioritised your choices correctly, taking into account things aside from this year's rankings :yep:

ReputationRep:
    LNAT score: 17

WITH AN INCOMPLETE ESSAY

Nevertheless,

Offers: KCL (AAA) and Nottingham (AAB)

Don't give up hope guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingsredcoat)
    UCL rejected you with a score of 19? I only got 20... I suppose my rejection must be coming soon.

What an arbitrary and lazy way of weeding people out.
    Don't you think that's quite disrespectful and offensive to others on here to say you 'only' got 20?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ernesto)
    Don't you think that's quite disrespectful and offensive to others on here to say you 'only' got 20?
    Agree. But he got his second point about LNAT: "What an arbitrary and lazy way of weeding people out."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becbec :))
    Hi!
    Well the fact you haven't heard from Kings is completely normal - they're taking ages to get back to everyone. Hardly anyone has had a decision from them, an many people still haven't got an acknowledgment. You shouldn't take it as a bad sign. As for where you should go, people will argue that UCL has a slightly higher reputation that Kings, but personally I think it's negligible and there are other reasons for choosing Kings over UCL - such as the fact that the Law department is moving into Somerset House. But as I say, the difference in terms of reputation is only slightly, and going to Kings will not become a disadvantage in terms of job prospects. They have their differences as universities, so if you can, taking a look around and getting a feel for the place will be really useful for you. I think you're looking at the right factors, and in my opinion, have prioritised your choices correctly, taking into account things aside from this year's rankings :yep:
    In layman's terms: UCL>Kings

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from UCL with a score of 19, but got AAA from Kings a few weeks ago. But it's all pretty pointless now - I put LSE as my firm

ReputationRep:
    Lnat score: 22
    Lnat unis applied to: UCL and Birmingham
    Offers/rejections from lnat unis: Birmingham offer - AAA, still waiting on UCL.

For those of you who don't know, the average score that they gave out this year (16.7) is the same as last year's, so I don't think they work out an average score each year.

Also, becbec , if you read this, scream at me! I think you're fahinnnnnnnnnne. Tell Maturity to suck out, and come cotch with me. I wanted to say that when this thread first came about but man was banned stiiillllllll gemme. In all seriousness, you are very pretty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingsredcoat)
    UCL rejected you with a score of 19? I only got 20... I suppose my rejection must be coming soon.

What an arbitrary and lazy way of weeding people out.
    I got an interview with a 20 point score. Plus my AS scores were BCCCCE, so I'm sure you'll do fine...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riiight.)
    LNAT score: 17
    LNAT unis applied to: Oxford, Durham, UCL
    Offers/rejections from LNAT unis: Durham - AAA, Oxford and UCL - Unsuccessful

Don't give up yet.
    hi, you have a similar lnat score to me - if you don't mind me asking what are your gcses and as results? i've also applied to durham and thought i may have blown it with the lnat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becbec :))
    Hi!
    Thanks for the clarification becbec. Yes, I think if I receive offers from both King's and UCL, then I would probably choose King's. I have spoken with some of their employees via email, and they seem quite friendly, and the school's website seems to be a bit better of a fit for me. I can't be sure of course, and being in America, working two jobs, and being in school full time as well, I really won't be able to visit campuses or do interviews with any great ease. If they asked for an interview, I would be willing to make the trip, but I have a feeling they won't due to my location. Good to hear you say they are slow to communicate, perhaps carefully considering each candidate? I was concerned about that, but know that it isn't an immediate process for anyone really helps put my mind at ease. I also feel the reputation is negligible, because it seems King's students are quite employable and make good money; 3rd highest (outside of Oxbridge of course). And money isn't everything either, I want to really learn and enjoy my experience in law school as well. Have you made a final decision yet?

side note: Jingers is right...you are hot. And more importantly presumably a nice person.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1pp1k10k4m1)
    Thanks for the clarification becbec. Yes, I think if I receive offers from both King's and UCL, then I would probably choose King's. I have spoken with some of their employees via email, and they seem quite friendly, and the school's website seems to be a bit better of a fit for me. I can't be sure of course, and being in America, working two jobs, and being in school full time as well, I really won't be able to visit campuses or do interviews with any great ease. If they asked for an interview, I would be willing to make the trip, but I have a feeling they won't due to my location. Good to hear you say they are slow to communicate, perhaps carefully considering each candidate? I was concerned about that, but know that it isn't an immediate process for anyone really helps put my mind at ease. I also feel the reputation is negligible, because it seems King's students are quite employable and make good money; 3rd highest (outside of Oxbridge of course). And money isn't everything either, I want to really learn and enjoy my experience in law school as well. Have you made a final decision yet?

side note: Jingers is right...you are hot. And more importantly presumably a nice person.
    :bigsmile: Well I don't think Kings are likely to ask any LLB applicants for interview, so I wouldn't worry about it. And yeh, the employability is something to take into consideration. With the difference in reputation being so slight, it's unsurprising how high up King's graduates are on the pay scale :yep: From what I've heard from students at both UCL and Kings, the Law course at Kings is more enjoyable.
    As to my final decision, Cambridge will be my firm, and then depending if I get an offer or not, Kings will most probably be my insurance. But as I haven't looked around it properly yet, if I get an offer, I'll go and look around and then visit Durham as well, just so that I can be sure I've made the right choice. With Cambridge asking for the A*, I kinda want to be sure I like my backup.
    And thanks :blush:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just checked my LNAT e-mail and apart from my score, it also stated the national average. Does anyone know if this average is for this year or for the previous years ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    Hey, I just checked my LNAT e-mail and apart from my score, it also stated the national average. Does anyone know if this average is for this year or for the previous years ?
    It's this year's average. They usually fluctuate around 15/16 though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissFanatical)
    hi, you have a similar lnat score to me - if you don't mind me asking what are your gcses and as results? i've also applied to durham and thought i may have blown it with the lnat
    No problem.

I got 6A* 4A at GCSE. Predicted AAAAaa this year.

I think with Durham the essay is much more important than the multiple choice score, so don't worry about that. They said themselves that it's a more reliable indicator of how well you can write than the personal statement (which gets tweaked a lot). And with the multiple choice, you can just be unlucky. So if you thought you wrote a decent essay you should be in with a chance. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i got 21
    unconditionals from: durham, southampton, sussex
    rejection from oxford
    and NOTHING from exeter..why?
    well done to everyone

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.