Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    ^ don't act so arrogant. No matter how good you think you are, there will always be someone better than you.

theres nothing wrong with confidence....

its nice to see some people being optimistic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dexcelcious)
    I'm lead to believe two things from this thread:
    A) the national average is not in fact 16.7, it is actually 25 mininum
    B) A high percentage of you are in fact lying

Or
    The intellect present in TSR is disproportionate to the outside world. That is, if the LNAT actually tests it.

Myself? A nice comfortable 17, which got me my conditional from Notts <3
    Oh? The essay? Spectacular, "when, is it ever possible, to justify breaking the law?" (something like that)
    I did an entire module on that in AS Philosophy Opening sentence was "The law is meant to be an objectification of the morality of the current social climate..." Big words!

I'm such a hypocrite xD Tossing off in public (that is bragging) to retaliate to others tossing off on the internet!
    Haha, I did the same topic, and also got offer from Nott, although my LNAT is lower :p: . Anyway, I just realized I should have used that topic for my TOK presentation in IB. It would be a very interesting one.

ReputationRep:
    I also think many people here are lying about their scores.It`s just unnatural that sooooo many people have scores above 18, and very few have below 15.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivan Stanchev)
    I also think many people here are lying about their scores.It`s just unnatural that sooooo many people have scores above 18, and very few have below 15.
    I think people who have scores below 16 are more reluctant to post here. And I've actualy seen some members who have scores under 15.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    I think people who have scores below 16 are more reluctant to post here. And I've actualy seen some members who have scores under 15.
    I concur. I've seen more than a few posts indicating potential law students that are displeased with their scores. At the same time, they are perhaps the brave ones. I think many people with scores slightly below average or upper average are less likely to make their score public.

On a side note, why is Kings taking so long?? Is anyone else experiencing this? Myself and all my contacts seem to be.

You can check out affiliatedlaw.blogspot.com if you'd like to see specific score, I think they are from last year though.

ReputationRep:
    1. Some people won't want to reveal their score if it is below average, and some people will be more inclined to reveal their score if it is above average.

2. I think TSR people will be generally more clever than the whole student population. However I have no data to support this statement. :p:

3. There is no logical reason why anyone would choose to lie. Unless they are extremely sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1pp1k10k4m1)
    I concur. I've seen more than a few posts indicating potential law students that are displeased with their scores. At the same time, they are perhaps the brave ones. I think many people with scores slightly below average or upper average are less likely to make their score public.

On a side note, why is Kings taking so long?? Is anyone else experiencing this? Myself and all my contacts seem to be.

You can check out affiliatedlaw.blogspot.com if you'd like to see specific score, I think they are from last year though.
    I'm actually experiencing the same thing with you for Warwick. But like what other TSR will say: wait and put your fingers crossed (correct me if i'm wrong with my idiom, not a native speaker )

ReputationRep:
    My LNAT score was 15...which suckss cos it's below the average.

I got offers from Queen Mary, Brunel and City.
    Rejected from UCL (which was bound to happen)
    and I'm waiting for kings.... *fingers crossed* :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doivid)

2. I think TSR people will be generally more clever than the whole student population. However I have no data to support this statement. :p:
    like ur thinking :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkknight9090)
    I'm actually experiencing the same thing with you for Warwick. But like what other TSR will say: wait and put your fingers crossed (correct me if i'm wrong with my idiom, not a native speaker )
    **keep your finger crossed** :}

ReputationRep:
    **keep your finger crossed** :}
    thanks Ivan

ReputationRep:
    27/30 quite amazed as I only got 18,20 and 15 in my mock ones.

LSE- Rejected, LOL
    UCL- offer
    Cambridge- offer
    Warwick- offer
    Kings- PENDING, WTF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkknight9090)
    I can't say I'm glad you're experience is the same, bc it sucks for us both, but I at least feel some sense of relief bc i know there are others.

I thought maybe since I am an international (as wel as mature) student then perhaps converting my grades (or finding a comparison) was taking a bit longer. And I've heard that Kings is notoriously slow regardless, so the combination seems to make sense.

I've also heard a nasty little rumour that Universities respond to the rejections later? This doesn't seem to make sense, bc I've already seen many peoples' UCAS 2010 sig things, and there are tons of offers and rejections. If they are being truthful (and I don't know why you would lie about getting rejected from a uni) then it seems this is not the case. Does anyone have anything based in fact from a uni that rejects this notion? Also, how do people get those little sig things? I'd like one myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vkaps)
    My LNAT score was 15...which suckss cos it's below the average.

I got offers from Queen Mary, Brunel and City.
    Rejected from UCL (which was bound to happen)
    and I'm waiting for kings.... *fingers crossed* :|
    Hey, I applied to 4/5 of the same uni's you've applied to, Warick instead of City.
    My lnat was 13 though, so its even worse for me

I am also currently in the same offers/pending/rejection situation you are in with QMUL and Brunel.
    Still waiting on Warwick and KCL tho, ahhhh the wait is killing me,:yep:
    gd luck for KCL!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caton4law)
    Hey, I applied to 4/5 of the same uni's you've applied to, Warick instead of City.
    My lnat was 13 though, so its even worse for me

I am also currently in the same offers/pending/rejection situation you are in with QMUL and Brunel.
    Still waiting on Warwick and KCL tho, ahhhh the wait is killing me,:yep:
    gd luck for KCL!!
    I'm sure you'll be all right. What were your academic grades?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll be all right. What were your academic grades?

gcses- standard: 3A*s, 5As 3Bs
    a/s - AABC
    A2 predictions- A*AAB

Hows your application going?

ReputationRep:
    gcses- standard: 3A*s, 5As 3Bs
    a/s - AABC
    A2 predictions- A*AAB

Hows your application going?
    I'm quite the opposite of you. I have very average GCSE's (CCCCBCC) and BCCCC in AS. Predicted AAA (I can actually achieve that if I put my mind to it). I got rejected by Oxford, and got an interview from UCL in 2 weeks. So I'm hoping on UCL pretty much. :p: Oh and 20/30 for lnat, which may be the reason why UCL gave me a chance.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite the opposite of you. I have very average GCSE's (CCCCBCC) and BCCCC in AS. Predicted AAA (I can actually achieve that if I put my mind to it). I got rejected by Oxford, and got an interview from UCL in 2 weeks. So I'm hoping on UCL pretty much. :p: Oh and 20/30 for lnat, which may be the reason why UCL gave me a chance.

O wow im jealous of your LNAT score. If mine was higher i'd feel a bit more optimistic about getting a condtional from KCL:yep:

That's probably seen as an even better set of predictions, it shows a lot of growth from your gcses. Good luck with your interview, are you doing straight law (m100) or something combined?

ReputationRep:
    O wow im jealous of your LNAT score. If mine was higher i'd feel a bit more optimistic about getting a condtional from KCL:yep:

That's probably seen as an even better set of predictions, it shows a lot of growth from your gcses. Good luck with your interview, are you doing straight law (m100) or something combined?
    m100, which is why I find it weird I'm getting an interview as they normally give straight decisions for M100 applicants. Interviews are prominent when you combine law with something else.

ReputationRep:
    m100, which is why I find it weird I'm getting an interview as they normally give straight decisions for M100 applicants. Interviews are prominent when you combine law with something else.
    Yeah thats what i was thinking as well. Oh well an interview is not a bad thing, it just means they want to find out more about you, if they didnt want you, you could have easily received a rejection from them.

Once again good luck with you interview:yep: x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.