Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maturity)
    She wouldn't go to Durham over Cambridge though surely?
    Are you going to be our resident pet for the next week or so?

ReputationRep:
    Marry me :love:
    lol
    Haha.. :lolwut:
    Thanks for that :yep:
    How random... one minute, a congratulations, next minute a proposal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doivid)
    Are you going to be our resident pet for the next week or so?
    :yep:
    I like you Law people.

ReputationRep:
    She wouldn't go to Durham over Cambridge though surely?
    Why not? It's not all about 'prestige'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becbec :))
    Haha.. :lolwut:
    Thanks for that :yep:
    How random... one minute, a congratulations, next minute a proposal!
    I wish I was joking .

i) Very Intelligent.
    ii) Very Good Looking.
    iii) Seem like a Very helpful person.

What more could a guy possibly ask for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prudy)
    Why not? It's not all about 'prestige'.
    Oh come on it is.
    Your telling me if Durham was exactly the same Uni etc. but had the reputation of Sheffield Hallam you would still go to Durham?

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on it is.
    Your telling me if Durham was exactly the same Uni etc. but had the reputation of Sheffield Hallam you would still go to Durham?
    I said it's not all about prestige.

The difference between a Durham law degree and a Cambridge law degree, in terms of employability is small - thus it affords one the luxury of considering other aspects: Location, course structure etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prudy)
    I said it's not all about prestige.

The difference between a Durham law degree and a Cambridge law degree, in terms of employability is small - thus it affords one the luxury of considering other aspects: Location, course structure etc...
    I don't believe it is that small actually.
    An employer is always going to look more favourably upon an oxbridge graduate than any other university graduate as this is the best of the best, I am sure Durham is good for Law but it won't simply open as many doors as Cambridge will.
    There is also the cliff hanger on when people say oh what university do you study at? You get to say Cambridge. There jaws drop, from being impressed which can't be said for Durham in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was joking .

i) Very Intelligent.
    ii) Very Good Looking.
    iii) Seem like a Very helpful person.

What more could a guy possibly ask for?
    Aww thanks! If only!
    I shall take your compliment and be on my way to sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maturity[B)
    ]I don't believe[/B] it is that small actually.
    An employer is always going to look more favourably upon an oxbridge graduate than any other university graduate as this is the best of the best, I am sure Durham is good for Law but it won't simply open as many doors as Cambridge will.
    There is also the cliff hanger on when people say oh what university do you study at? You get to say Cambridge. There jaws drop, from being impressed which can't be said for Durham in my opinion.
    Well this conversation can't really continue any further as you seem to want to walk down the road of conjecture and speculation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becbec :))
    Aww thanks! If only!
    I shall take your compliment and be on my way to sleep
    I will take that as a no then.
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I will take that as a no then.
    :cry:
    Relax bro, don`t aim that high The world is full of pretty and unambitious bimb0s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivan Stanchev)
    Relax bro, don`t aim that high The world is full of pretty and unambitious bimb0s
    I don't want an unambitious bimbo, I want becbec

ReputationRep:
    I don't want an unambitious bimbo, I want becbec
    My head teacher always says to girl ''You are stupid, so what, just be pretty.THere is nothing worse than a smart woman''

ReputationRep:
    Ommm he swore. I felt immediate fear and unlawful personal violence, I believe he was reckless.
    You've nothing to fear; economists eat babies.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh LNAT results, can't wait tbh. Does anyone know what time they'll be sent out at? I'm afraid I'll be constantly refreshing my emails on Sunday. :/

ReputationRep:
    I just don`t understand why the score is not automatically mailed to you after you finish the test, just as the universities get it immediately ?

ReputationRep:
    I just don`t understand why the score is not automatically mailed to you after you finish the test, just as the universities get it immediately ?
    I'm guessing it's because universities don't want students to be put off applying just because they think they've got a bad score. Knowing what you've got may lead you to change your mind about applying, when your logic for thinking you have no chance may be completly irrational. Some LNAT universities don't rely on it that heavily, and all look at your application as a whole, where some factors can make up for a bad LNAT score. But applicants probably wouldn't realise this and would give up on applying just because they got a 'bad' score. I know some universities have cut off points, but from looking over past threads some people still get in with scores below that, and the cut off point may change on a yearly basis, depending on the standard of applicants, which is something an individual applicant wouldn't be able to gague themselves. Also, an applicant wouldn't be able to know how well they'd done on the essay section, which, for some universities, may be more important / a deciding factor above the multiple choice score. Well, that's what I've been told anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffigyWellington)
    You've nothing to fear; economists eat babies.
    I was doing a bit of law - "assault" in fact.
    I think that's common law if I am not mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    Added to what becbec already said, as far as I know in the email they also include the year's average score. That's also why a lot of universities wait until the January deadline, so they can compare LNAT scores with the national average.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.