Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I do an exam early, and leave when everyone else starts? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rodricon)
    Right, basically I have an exam on Friday which finishes at 3.10.
    I need to be in Wolverhampton at 5.45.
    The earliest I can get there is 6.11.

(FML)

So what I'm asking is, would it be possible for me to do the exam in the morning, remain in isolation until everyone else starts the exam, and then leave when they start?

Does anyone know?:eek3:
    Why do you need to be in Wolverhampton at that time? Unless you've got some absolutely exceptional circumstances, the answer is almost certainly no, I'm afraid. If you want to be sure, though, it can't hurt to ask your school...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Why do you need to be in Wolverhampton at that time?
    Well basically I have a once in a lifetime opportunity and it cost a lot of money. I wouldn't care if I could do it another time...
    I might do the exam in June instead...
    can't hurt to ask your school...
    Argh, okay, I'll ask. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    It's possible yeh but you'll have to talk it through with your school and explain it to them. I doubt they'll want to really but in extreme circumstances they may.

ReputationRep:
    Well basically I have a once in a lifetime opportunity and it cost a lot of money. I wouldn't care if I could do it another time...
    I might do the exam in June instead...

Argh, okay, I'll ask. Thank you
    A once in a lifetime opportunity in Wolverhampton? I'm sorry but your being cheated if you are paying a lot of money to be mugged or stabbed.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any hard evidence, but isn't it unlikely to have them let you do that? If they let you do it early it's possible you'll tell other people what is on the paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clair1987)
    A once in a lifetime opportunity in Wolverhampton? I'm sorry but your being cheated if you are paying a lot of money to be mugged or stabbed.

Rofl. So true. Scumhole.

ReputationRep:
    Right, basically I have an exam on Friday which finishes at 3.10.
    I need to be in Wolverhampton at 5.45.
    The earliest I can get there is 6.11.

(FML)

So what I'm asking is, would it be possible for me to do the exam in the morning, remain in isolation until everyone else starts the exam, and then leave when they start?

Does anyone know?:eek3:
    no because you could contact someone during their exams

you could do the exam early only if you remain in isolation while others do the exam

ReputationRep:
    this quote is pure genius. and SO, SO true

ReputationRep:
    No. They'd have to hire and pay an invidulator to watch your exam. What is this "once in a lifetime opportunity" might I ask?

ReputationRep:
    You can do the exam early, but you'll have to remain in exam conditions until an hour after the official start time. So if it starts at 1, you could do it early then leave exam conditions at 2. If the exam lasts less than an hour you can't leave until the full time is over.

As far as I know, with AQA, you can start the exam 30 minutes before it is supposed to start - any more the school would have to contact the exam board.

So in theory, it would be up to AQA, not your school. And I doubt they would allow you. :no:

I believe it would be the same for other exam boards.

Out of interest, what is this once-in-a-lifetime experience in Wolverhampton? :lolwut:

I bet he paid for some jiggity.

ReputationRep:
    You definatly wont be allowed into the exam untill its been going on for half an hour, because you could see someone whos late for the exam etc before they go in. but it seems unlikely unless you have an operation or something...

ReputationRep:
    I can see this turning out like the box thread, unless you tell us all why your going Wolverhampton!

ReputationRep:
    Right, basically I'm not travelling from SE England to the Midlands for some 'jiggity' :|

I paid like, £110 to see this singer (Emilie Autumn) and I got an email saying I have to be there by 5.45.

Okay, it seems trivial, but it took me ages to organise this, and get permission etc.

I think, if it comes to it, I'm going to have to do the exam in the summer instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amstead)
    I can see this turning out like the box thread, unless you tell us all why your going Wolverhampton!
    Did they eventually say what was inside the box?

ReputationRep:
    Lets see.. Seeing a singer or doing an exam that could determine your university chances?

ReputationRep:
    And here was me thinking you had to be there for something serious :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Lets see.. Seeing a singer or doing an exam that could determine your university chances?
    The singer thing can be undertaken potentially once. Exams can be re-sat time and time again plus there's the opportunity to take it in June. It's not like you only get one shot at exams.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.