Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I do an exam early, and leave when everyone else starts? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, it is serious.
    I could do this exam in the summer... but Gah...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    The singer thing can be undertaken potentially once. Exams can be re-sat time and time again plus there's the opportunity to take it in June. It's not like you only get one shot at exams.
    Defo.

See the singer mate, while you would technically have to suffer the utter humiliation of a retake, you could just say that you cba to show up to the first exam and everyone would have respect

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant prioritising there. If is that bigger deal, don't turn up and retake in summer.

ReputationRep:
    You've made the right choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amstead)
    I can see this turning out like the box thread, unless you tell us all why your going Wolverhampton!

i got PMed :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so. :wtf:

(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Rofl. So true. Scumhole.
    And you have lived there I presume?

Because in the 7 years I did, not one of those things happened to me, or anyone I know.

Yet I now move to a "better area" and within 2 months someone has been robbed by someone with a knife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clair1987)
    A once in a lifetime opportunity in Wolverhampton? I'm sorry but your being cheated if you are paying a lot of money to be mugged or stabbed.

how can you say that about your own citadel? :cry2:

i've lived there for a long time, and i've never been mugged or stabbed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rodricon)
    Hey, it is serious.
    I could do this exam in the summer... but Gah...
    i took an exam a bit earlier than usual (about half an hour), to see a doctor, and the exams officer was fine with it when i asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dichr0ic)
    how can you say that about your own citadel? :cry2:

i've lived there for a long time, and i've never been mugged or stabbed
    ..yet :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clair1987)
    ..yet :p:
    :hand: maybe i just live in a nice part

have you ever actually been mugged/stabbed?

ReputationRep:
    No but I once walked into a youth centre where they were more than happy to show you their selection of knives, plus I tend to try and not walk through town at night by myself, it is normally quite empty and so its quite easy to be attacked.

ReputationRep:
    Right, basically I'm not travelling from SE England to the Midlands for some 'jiggity' :|

I paid like, £110 to see this singer (Emilie Autumn) and I got an email saying I have to be there by 5.45.

Okay, it seems trivial, but it took me ages to organise this, and get permission etc.

I think, if it comes to it, I'm going to have to do the exam in the summer instead
    No offence, but Emilie Autumn is not worth £110. She's amazing and great live, but definitely not worth that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    And you have lived there I presume?
    I did.

And during that time I had my windows smashed on multiple occasions, my moped stolen, my house egged, my front door kicked in, rocks thrown at my house and a psycho guy break into my house and attack me with a katana slashing me across the arms and wrists. This was all in the space of about 12 months. The city centre is just full of beggars and the outskirts look like some kind of post-apocalyptic hell hole.

So I repeat; scumhole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bds007)
    no because you could contact someone during their exams

you could do the exam early only if you remain in isolation while others do the exam
    This, a group of people from my school last yeat knew the psy1105 psychology exam questions about 2 hours before it started because some people had a clash with history and they met in the loos after.

(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I did.

And during that time I had my windows smashed on multiple occasions, my moped stolen, my house egged, my front door kicked in, rocks thrown at my house and a psycho guy break into my house and attack me with a katana slashing me across the arms and wrists. This was all in the space of about 12 months. The city centre is just full of beggars and the outskirts look like some kind of post-apocalyptic hell hole.

So I repeat; scumhole.
    I think someone just didn't like you...

ReputationRep:
    Right, basically I'm not travelling from SE England to the Midlands for some 'jiggity' :|

I paid like, £110 to see this singer (Emilie Autumn) and I got an email saying I have to be there by 5.45.

Okay, it seems trivial, but it took me ages to organise this, and get permission etc.

I think, if it comes to it, I'm going to have to do the exam in the summer instead
    WHAT?!?!?
    Do your exam, for Pete's sake :p:
    Whatever the reasons... future vs singer... hmm, wonder which to choose...

ReputationRep:
    I thought it might have been hollyoaks auditions or something else of equal importance. Meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepa7)
    And here was me thinking you had to be there for something serious :facepalm:
    lol, exactly what I was thinking

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.