Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just electrocuted myself... My computer isn't working, so I was poking around inside, the socket was plugged in and on, but the computer was turned off. Touched the power supply, an got a massive shockthat went up one arm an down the other. Aside from being a bit shocked (forgive the terrible pun) I don't feel bad, just a bit of a tingle in my fingers on my right hand. Reckon I should get a doctor?

[EDIT] all sorted, the few people who have replied so far has been enough to convince my mother :P

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Yes I would get medical advice.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. If you're fine, you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    No, suck it up, you'll be fine, it's 240v.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nico_SU)
    No, suck it up, you'll be fine, it's 240v.
    Personally, I'm cool with it. I'm asking on behalf of my mother, who I swear would worry if you needed medical advice for walking into a door... Queen of paranoid...

ReputationRep:
    You're cool. If you don't have any evident burns and your heart is fine you'll be ok.

ReputationRep:
    :ahee: I stuck my finger in a light socket once, never went to a doctor and I was fine :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Poor thing lol! I did a similar thing (but with an electric fan which was turned on) - I got red blotches and burns but never saw a doc - I'm fine
    But if you don't feel so good then maybe see someone...

ReputationRep:
    Aw OP :console:
    Hope you are okay!
    I think if you are, you needn't visit the doc

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.