Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What have your conditional offers included? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you have gotten a conditional offer, what have they asked for?

ReputationRep:
    To get a 2.2!

ReputationRep:
    To get at least a 2.2, pass the CRB clearance and spend a week in school

ReputationRep:
    To get a 2:2, spend 10 days in schools in ages ranges above and below that you will be teaching (so im doing 1 day in a daycare centre, 2 days in nursery, 2 days in reception, 3 days in ks1 and 2 days in ks2!) and pass the CRB.

Its also recommended that we spend 5 days in a school in september but thats not a requirement (but apparently not liked if we dont do it!)

ReputationRep:
    How do you all know the terms of your conditional offers? I have a conditional offer also, but no idea what degree classification they are expecting me to get. I put expected 2:1 on my application, but heard lots of people say it is a 2:2 for most unis!! Help!

ReputationRep:
    How do you all know the terms of your conditional offers? I have a conditional offer also, but no idea what degree classification they are expecting me to get. I put expected 2:1 on my application, but heard lots of people say it is a 2:2 for most unis!! Help!
    It told me what degree classification i need on track and then i got a letter from the university about a week after track updated outlining in detail my conditions (so where i have to get experience etc) plus term dates and finance information! It came along with my health questionnaire. My CRB came a couple of days after that!

ReputationRep:
    My offer is subject to health and police checks.

ReputationRep:
    I have now found out what my conditional offer is - to gain a 2.2, spend a week in a school, and write a report on it, and also to pass all the checks! So fingers crossed everything will go to plan!

ReputationRep:
    Oxford:

CRB, GTEC (forms), health clearance, A-C in GCSE Maths and English, and a degree by summer 2010.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyy13)
    It told me what degree classification i need on track and then i got a letter from the university about a week after track updated outlining in detail my conditions (so where i have to get experience etc) plus term dates and finance information! It came along with my health questionnaire. My CRB came a couple of days after that!
    Hmm see i havent had any letter, im wondering if all unis send them? I would have thought yes, but as i havent im getting suspicious!!

ReputationRep:
    Mine was proof of qualifications and crb, health checks.

ReputationRep:
    Proof of GCSE equivalent, CRB and health checks.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for secondary science (chemistry) at Cambridge; I've got to pass all the usual CRB/health checks etc, show my GCSE certs, and get a 2.i degree.

ReputationRep:
    Primary PGCE at Reading: Achieve a 2:ii, spend 10 days in schools (at least one day with each year group plus 2 days in KS3), pass the CRB and the medical. So far I've done the medical and CRB as well as 5 of the days, but I'm really struggling to find a secondary school that will take me for 2 days. I also have to arrange 5 days in KS1 before I start, which I think I have sorted but the school hasn't got back to me to say whether the dates I've asked for are okay yet.

Sorting out work experience is such a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    I also have to get the week in September for Reading.... but ive just looked at Reading and Wokingham councils term dates and they dont start back until Tuesday 7th September... which is too late to get 5 days experience :-(! Which is so annoying as im going to be living in Reading from July...! Guess im going to have to go home for a week and try a school back home! Anyone else having this problem? So many schools dont seem to go back until too late!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyy13)
    I also have to get the week in September for Reading.... but ive just looked at Reading and Wokingham councils term dates and they dont start back until Tuesday 7th September... which is too late to get 5 days experience :-(! Which is so annoying as im going to be living in Reading from July...! Guess im going to have to go home for a week and try a school back home! Anyone else having this problem? So many schools dont seem to go back until too late!
    My parents live in Surrey, so I'm going to stay with them. The schools there go back about a week and a half before we start according to the Surrey County Council website. This might be something you could look into - there's a direct Reading-Guildford train that takes between 35 and 50 minutes and there are loads of schools in Guildford as it's so big. It might cost you a bit in transport, but it could be a reasonable option for you.

I have no idea what I'm doing about living arrangements yet - I'm hoping that my boyfriend will get a job in the area but otherwise I'll be living in a tent on a roundabout at the moment! I really hope that the school I'm in touch with gives me the okay soon so that I can stop worrying. I'm having more problems with the KS3 bit to be honest - I don't have any contacts with people who work in state secondary schools. I'm going to send out another 12 (yes, 12) letters today including ones to all of the schools I can possibly get to if I go to stay with my parents.

ReputationRep:
    My parents live in Surrey, so I'm going to stay with them. The schools there go back about a week and a half before we start according to the Surrey County Council website. This might be something you could look into - there's a direct Reading-Guildford train that takes between 35 and 50 minutes and there are loads of schools in Guildford as it's so big. It might cost you a bit in transport, but it could be a reasonable option for you.

I have no idea what I'm doing about living arrangements yet - I'm hoping that my boyfriend will get a job in the area but otherwise I'll be living in a tent on a roundabout at the moment! I really hope that the school I'm in touch with gives me the okay soon so that I can stop worrying. I'm having more problems with the KS3 bit to be honest - I don't have any contacts with people who work in state secondary schools. I'm going to send out another 12 (yes, 12) letters today including ones to all of the schools I can possibly get to if I go to stay with my parents.
    Oh thanks, I shall look into Surrey! I emailed my old infant school yesterday where ive volunteered before so im hoping they might reply and i'l just live at home for 5 days! But i'l def look email some schools in areas around Reading! Im having problems with the junior school bit for mine, im doing early years so dont need KS3, but ive never done KS2, so similarly i have no contacts in Junior Schools! Ive done KS1 now and just starting Early Years bit next week ... in the same school, so im going to beg the head teacher to give a good word for me over in the junior school on the same site! I can imagine high school is much harder to get into though! Hopefully the 12 letters will be lead somewere! :-)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.