Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have my GCSE Physics ISA on the 29th of Jan (basically this Friday). Can anybody help in advising what to learn and how to answer the questions? I'm doing the ISA about thermistors. I'll be greatful for any help.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    bump again

ReputationRep:
    please help, the ISA's tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    anybody...anyone at all

ReputationRep:
    bit late, i know but im doing this isa exam on wed, so please help, what was it like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confused? :-D)
    bit late, i know but im doing this isa exam on wed, so please help, what was it like?
    It was pretty easy for me...I got 38 out of 40. Just learn what calibrating means and make sure you know how to calibrate something. Also make sure your science vocab definitions are up to date i.e. independent variables etc. The rest is all applied knowledge. Oh and make sure you know everything about your experiment like the variables. Also learn what tolerance is and validity plus reliability. I've helped you quite a bit there so just do the past papers on the AQA website now and you should be fine . Hope you get what you want.

ReputationRep:
    What is tolerance in physics? I know what it means in real life, but in physics, I have no clue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suicidaloverbusiness)
    It was pretty easy for me...I got 38 out of 40. Just learn what calibrating means and make sure you know how to calibrate something. Also make sure your science vocab definitions are up to date i.e. independent variables etc. The rest is all applied knowledge. Oh and make sure you know everything about your experiment like the variables. Also learn what tolerance is and validity plus reliability. I've helped you quite a bit there so just do the past papers on the AQA website now and you should be fine . Hope you get what you want.
    thanx,

please get bak to me.
    can u tell me the calibration q's pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo1994)
    thanx,

please get bak to me.
    can u tell me the calibration q's pls
    I think you had to calibrate a thermometer or something similar. I really can't remember. Try telling me about the experiment again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suicidaloverbusiness)
    I think you had to calibrate a thermometer or something similar. I really can't remember. Try telling me about the experiment again?
    what is tolerance ???

ReputationRep:
    is 38/40 100 ums for this ISA?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 20, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.