Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling suicidal... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm beginning to rebel against teachers, etc etc, and I'm beginning to bunk lessons/whole days of school.

I just don't know what to do... you are telling me to go and speak to a GP or Therapist or w/e, but I don't want to do that.

So is this just it for me?

Thanks TSR, at least you've made it clear of what choices I have left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okelly5)
    nah man im sorry i didnt read what you'd said properly,, i thought someone else had written that,, re read your comment n changed mine
    Oh ok.

ReputationRep:
    Its normal to not want to do that but it can help. Otherwise, no this isn't it for you. You can get yourself out of this.

ReputationRep:
    sorry to hear your life gone s***... but i would strongly consider telling your family and getting some professional help.... being drastic is not the answer, and in all honestly, if you've contemplated the idea and have not acted shows you're not being a 100% rational.

We all suffer from stress and have crap moments in our lifes, but we just handle and move on.

Try talking to your family, if not make a new social group perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dyingdaybyday)
    It's just me! It's myself! I don't know why I help other people so ******* much! There was a girl who use to be in my school, we were okayish friends, and she left to another secondary school which was near Manchester. She told me on Msn that she was being bullied etc and how etc etc. I don't know why I did this, but I got that school's contact details, head teacher's number etc, and I was writing so many complaints etc etc, and this was about, what, the night before I had my physics GCSE's? Why do I ******* do this?! I keep telling to myself, I will stop helping people that much, and to think about myself for once! but when it comes to it, I just automatically help! @[email protected]!:"@!:£@!:"
    You help people because you know it's what you should do. There are several routes you could take at this point. 1; kill self (gets you nowhere). 2; talk to GP, get referred to psychiatrist (might work, won't solve any actual problems, but may straighten your thoughts out). 3; stop helping people, get nagged by concience 24/7 (not easy to keep up the heartless approach). 4; hit people until you feel better (may get you in trouble). 5; tell your BEST friends, only best friends though, and they'll support you through all of it (if they don't then that one get's dissapointing). 6; accept that your purpose is to be other people's shoulder to cry on, then to get left by the wayside again later, and live life happy in the knowledge that you're doing good (that's what I did, it's working out pretty well, and things are beginning to look up now after i've taken that approach for the last six years).

ReputationRep:
    I'm an Atheist. Please do not begin a debate with me because I've had over hundreds of them and I just can't be asked anymore.
    What is 'can't be asked' ?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how your life can be all work if you are 14, and studying GCSEs

look around this forum for a bit, you will see they are worthless.
    dont let the pressure of being an A* student crush you. just chill and u will get the grades you deserve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisyesterday)
    What is 'can't be asked' ?
    Ermmm, can't be asked, means not bothered. And in this case, I can't be bothered to have a debate on Religion/Atheism. But the person who I was replying to made a mistake, so my response to that person which involved the phrase "Can't be asked" is utterly pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Ermmm, can't be asked, means not bothered. And in this case, I can't be bothered to have a debate on Religion/Atheism. But the person who I was replying to made a mistake, so my response to that person which involved the phrase "Can't be asked" is utterly pointless.

Do you not mean 'can't be arsed' ?

ReputationRep:
    sorry again bout that,, took me a minute to figure out how to edit a comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttocserp)
    Cowardly i bet it's pretty hard to pull the trigger of a gun which is in your mouth harder than torturing a person to death hearing them scream i bet you couldn't do that
    OP if you kill yourself post it up on a webcam for us to watch thanks
    Idiot.

@ OP: If you're suicidal then you're obviously depressed aswell. My Mum has had depression on/off for a few years, and I'm sure I went through a spell last year of being depressed (so much so that I barely went to college for months)

You really should tell someone about it though is my only advice. I think if my Mum didn't she may have commited suicide, but she did get help (from a GP and also from a local priest - don't have to be religious in the slightest to go, he didn't even mention religion but he helped her a lot)

ReputationRep:
    im properly loving the irony of the comment under his username being 'respected member'

ReputationRep:
    Cowardly i bet it's pretty hard to pull the trigger of a gun which is in your mouth harder than torturing a person to death hearing them scream i bet you couldn't do that

thats harsh lol, mate do not kill yourself. Some1 recently in my town commited suicide by hanging him self maybe he was depressed like you but its not the answer. you've got your whole life ahead of you, everyone has there ups and downs but you have to bear with it. Life is precious, think about your mother she carried you for 9 months and so much pain just to give birth to you and you want to die and she went through hell just to get you into this world. I hope everything gets better for you, just hold on be strong and when you look back in life in the future hopefully you will be smiling.

ReputationRep:
    If someone has a problem, I'll always have to ******* sort it out. I help other people more than I help myself.
    In school, I'm polite to everyone, friends will all of my class mates, have lots of friends on msn, but in actual fact, no one knows anything about it, and I just feel like ****.
    if its any consolation, i know how you feel about doing more for others than you do for yourself. I'm like that, you end up sorting everything and are in the middle of most problems trying o sort out both sides (well thats what its like for me anyway)

I got really depressed at one stage as well, and people just said that i have to take less on, but its hard. its almost a way of life sorting other people's problems.

Don't let it overcome you. Take one day at a time. Don't look at the past. Don't even think about tomorrow or any time in the future.

This probably hasn't helped in the slightest, sorry to make you have to read his rather boring account.

Chin up.

xx

ReputationRep:
    You are obviously very bright as you are doing/have done some gcse's early. Are you under too much stress and pressure to do well? You need to try and speak to an adult -do you have a reliable fav teacher you can talk to? How about your mum (Mum's tend to be sympathetic to their kid's probs)?
    I am sure you have a brilliant life ahead of you if you can get over this extremely bad patch with loads of opportunities and choices to make.

Good luck, please speak to someone and try to get back on track!!

ReputationRep:
    I do not want to cause pain to my family, even though they do it to me. I don't want to cause sadness to people who consider me as their best friend. It's just the thought of what I am doing to other people when die, especially the people who care about me.

Can anyone please sum up my thoughts and emotions?
    People care about you. Make that worth living for. No matter how bad things are you can always pick yourself up and come back from a low, but you need to confide in people you trust, not talk about it on TSR. Maybe don't tell anyone you want to kill yourself, but just talk to them about why life is so hard for you. Hell find anyone you think won't be too inclined to judge you and just talk to them, it will be a load off your chest.

ReputationRep:
    Errr, the people who are just trivialising it (looking at ttocserp somewhat...), that's not going to help.

OP, I'm sorry to hear you're so low/down atm. As someone who's in a rather similar situation, I can sympathise (though of course, every situation is very different, and I wouldn't dare to presume that I understand all that you're going through). Suicide is not an answer however...be careful with yourself. Also, don't go down a slippery slope like self-harm...it's very hard to get back on track afterwards, as countless people know (myself included).

I'd suggest a few things:
    a) Read a good book, one that you know well and enjoy. Force yourself to laugh at the good bits. It helps to laugh/smile (activates certain endorphins)
    b) Go for a run/jog/swim, wtv sport/exercise you like or do, and work yourself out. The exercise is a really good way of working out anger, while being good for your body. Also, it stimulates endorphins (again - I love endorphins. Natural highs rule. And they keep us from getting too depressed/can help us get over it) and can leave you very tired eventually...leading to a deep sleep, which can also help.
    c) Go talk to someone. Doesn't have to be a professional, it can just be a friend or teacher, but let someone know how you're feeling, that you have a lot going on and need some help balancing it. If you want to rant/spaz/talk with someone, feel free to PM me, I don't mind.
    d) Have a piece of chocolate. No, really, have a piece. Theobromine also makes you happy. The darker the better.
    e) Try to figure out what the problem is. If you're more the creative type, write out a poem/lyrics/text/anything just letting out the emotion. If you're more linear/logical, write out a list of pros and cons, or set it up as a logical sequence (this happened --> led to this --> made me feel like this --> is linked to this, etc.)

If you have a) suicidal ideation, b) a plan, c) intent to kill yourself, you need to speak to someone. Don't let yourself stay alone. If your plan involves pills, stay away from medicine cupboards, don't go in the bathroom (maybe lock it, so that if you go towards it, you can have something that stops you and makes you think first?). If your plan involves sharps, stay away from them, don't go near an area with risky tools. Get out of the house if you're alone, go sit with other people, talk on the phone, webcam with someone, go on MSN and chat with someone about something light (ask them to distract you because you want to talk about something fun - I have a friend who does this for me when I need him to, which is fantastic, and has helped me many times), go for a walk, go to a public place. If you are deeply suicidal, and have strong intent, make sure you are not alone in a place where you can carry out your plan.

Best of luck to you - it gets better, it really does.

AL.

Ps. My offer to chat via PM or MSN (PM me for address) still stands.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really understand what you said..

But its cowardly because rather than facing your supposedly crappy life, you just run away (by killing yourself).
    OP instead of killing youself, just squeeze out as much enjoyment as you can from life Sometimes my life is absolute ********, but I don't dwell on the bad stuff, I just focus on the good things, no matter how few they are. If nothing's good, then I create stuff! For example I wrote a ridiculous answer in one of my recent tests in school, when asked a question about pollution, that required one line, I wrote a sarcastic paragraph about how drinking acid rain is bad. (funny thing is the teacher just gave me a tick)

Comedy can keep you alive! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    you are respected apparently, you also seem to have 4 warnings, and 160 posts all together,, doin quite well for yourself

ReputationRep:
    At the moment, all I've been doing is taking out all my pain and anger by running. I mean running as in exercising (Not running mentally or anything) and I've been listening to depressing and suicidal songs... I don't think the songs have been helping me...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.