Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZigZac)
    I didn't really understand what you said..

But its cowardly because rather than facing your supposedly crappy life, you just run away (by killing yourself).
    OP instead of killing youself, just squeeze out as much enjoyment as you can from life Sometimes my life is absolute ********, but I don't dwell on the bad stuff, I just focus on the good things, no matter how few they are. If nothing's good, then I create stuff! For example I wrote a ridiculous answer in one of my recent tests in school, when asked a question about pollution, that required one line, I wrote a sarcastic paragraph about how drinking acid rain is bad. (funny thing is the teacher just gave me a tick)

Comedy can keep you alive! :woo:
    These are things that people say which mean nothing and aren't true like money isn't everything it's ********. There is a reason why their are people with suicidal thoughts ALIVE because they are cowards and don't have it in them to kill themselves you can't just rationalise it as being the harder option. OP you are a coward you have come on here for sympathy like some form of a virtual hug and so are all of the other people who make threads, I'm sure not one of them has followed through with their apparent suicidal thoughts. It makes me sad.

ReputationRep:
    OP Some good advice here. Sounds like you're under a lot of pressure. Be kind to yourself. Talk to someone, friends, Samaritans. Hopefully you've gone to bed now as you have exam tomorrow.
    If needed GP can prescribe anti depressants. There's a lot of help out there. Make sure you look after Number 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry115)
    You are obviously very bright as you are doing/have done some gcse's early. Are you under too much stress and pressure to do well? You need to try and speak to an adult -do you have a reliable fav teacher you can talk to? How about your mum (Mum's tend to be sympathetic to their kid's probs)?
    I am sure you have a brilliant life ahead of you if you can get over this extremely bad patch with loads of opportunities and choices to make.

Good luck, please speak to someone and try to get back on track!!
    I'm under stress from education.
    Stress from the work that my family gives me to do (Which is also educational I guess)
    How my family always shouts and argues.
    Why do I help other people and get annoyed at it? I do not know.
    Many people who I thought were friends have you could say - betrayed me in many ways.
    If there are 2 of my friends arguing and I try to help them out but not take sides, they just shout at me by thinking that I'm backstabbing them. (If you get that phrase)
    There is a teacher at my school who hates me (I've complained and complained but nothing's happened)
    And so much more ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttocserp)
    These are things that people say which mean nothing and aren't true like money isn't everything it's ********. There is a reason why their are people with suicidal thoughts ALIVE because they are cowards and don't have it in them to kill themselves you can't just rationalise it as being the harder option. OP you are a coward you have come on here for sympathy like some form of a virtual hug and so are all of the other people who make threads, I'm sure not one of them has followed through with their apparent suicidal thoughts. It makes me sad.
    Well to have thoughts, any thoughts, regardless or not if they are suicidal or not, they must be alive. Also, yes, I have created this thread to express my down hill feelings and I would like some comfort, the very least to make me feel slightly better because I've been given/treated like **** for no reason whatsoever. Furthermore, although I am depressed and feeling suicidal, I am also confused, confused at why my emotions are pulling me back - that was another reason for making this thread.

So before you make another idiotic comeback think twice at what you're posting.

I'd be ignoring your posts in the future - regardless or not if they are helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Go for a swim. Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    scream. as loud and for as long as you can. and as weird as it sounds, you need to start being more selfish and take care of yourself. put yourself before others (for now). let the politics between friends sort itself out as usually its pretty petty stuff at that age and it'll blow over in a couple of days.

ReputationRep:
    It's obvious that you're under a hell of a lot of stress right now.

So you need to deal with that stress - in the most productive way.

Taking your GCSEs early; not much we can do to help on that other than point out that you are obviously a very intelligent person if you're taking them at 14. Good luck with the other exams!

Telling someone who knows you is the best thing you can do, honestly. You don't have to be blatant about it, just say that you're really stressed and you need to talk. Let them listen to you. Don't let them bully you for not taking sides; I don't take sides either and I'm always careful to make sure that people know that I am not doing it out of spite for either party, but because I don't want to lose either of them.

At 14, arguments are unfortunately going to be common place in the home and with friends (my biggest friendship change was between 13 and 14, as my old group of mates outcast me from the group and I had to find my own way and my own friends) but you can get through this. Concentrate on the exams, and then doing something you enjoy at the weekend. You can get through this :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    It's obvious that you're under a hell of a lot of stress right now.

So you need to deal with that stress - in the most productive way.

Taking your GCSEs early; not much we can do to help on that other than point out that you are obviously a very intelligent person if you're taking them at 14. Good luck with the other exams!
    I think that education is mainly the stress at what I'm going through. I have a quite abusive brother - who is also very intelligent who threatens me to work (for the good of myself) and he expects me to complete Maths and Further maths by next year so I can take the exams. I do not see how I can possibly do this, and I am utterly scared of him. I've completed c1 and c2, but now I just don't want to do anything anymore.

My mum doesn't really care about me, she's like my brother, just forces me to work all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dyingdaybyday)
    Well to have thoughts, any thoughts, regardless or not if they are suicidal or not, they must be alive. Also, yes, I have created this thread to express my down hill feelings and I would like some comfort, the very least to make me feel slightly better because I've been given/treated like **** for no reason whatsoever. Furthermore, although I am depressed and feeling suicidal, I am also confused, confused at why my emotions are pulling me back - that was another reason for making this thread.

So before you make another idiotic comeback think twice at what you're posting.

I'd be ignoring your posts in the future - regardless or not if they are helpful.
    Why it won't change anything and shouldn't make you feel better because some people who you don't know have gave you some empty caring replies everything will be better tomorrow. People don't need a reason to treat you like ****
    Like my man Tony said in this country if you want people to stop treating you like **** first you get the money then you get the power then when you get the power you get the happiness. So man up

ReputationRep:
    I think that education is mainly the stress at what I'm going through. I have a quite abusive brother - who is also very intelligent who threatens me to work (for the good of myself) and he expects me to complete Maths and Further maths by next year so I can take the exams. I do not see how I can possibly do this, and I am utterly scared of him. I've completed c1 and c2, but now I just don't want to do anything anymore.

My mum doesn't really care about me, she's like my brother, just forces me to work all the time.
    OK, well, you've identified the problem and now you need to sort it - Is sitting down with your parents and brother and having a chat with them about how they're making you feel a feasible option? They might not even realise that they're doing it. If not, what about writing them a letter? Tell them how you feel about all the stress they're putting you under and that ultimately you think it's having an adverse effect as you just don't care any more due to the pressure. No need to go in all guns blazing, just be calm and explain it to them.

ReputationRep:
    I've also been having quite a lot of fights recently which I am not proud of

I'll attempt to go to a session with my local GP since that is what the majority of you lot are saying.

Thanks I guess...

ReputationRep:
    Keep us posted. You've made a start by offloading on here even if you decide not to talk to your friends.

ReputationRep:
    I'll attempt to go to a session with my local GP since that is what the majority of you lot are saying.

Thanks I guess...
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    OK, well, you've identified the problem and now you need to sort it - Is sitting down with your parents and brother and having a chat with them about how they're making you feel a feasible option? They might not even realise that they're doing it. If not, what about writing them a letter? Tell them how you feel about all the stress they're putting you under and that ultimately you think it's having an adverse effect as you just don't care any more due to the pressure. No need to go in all guns blazing, just be calm and explain it to them.
    Believe me, they will just force me to do work, if I don't I'll just get abused by my older brother (He's 22) but luckily, he's at Uni, so he's not in the house. My mum doesn't hit me, (She can't really fight me because I'm stronger) So she just shouts all the time.

To tell you the truth, I'm in year 12 and I just before christmas went through exactlly what you are now. I tried so hard and got nothing in return. I basically needed someone to give me a kick up the arse and say "stop being depressed, stop being pesimistic, you can't acheive anything with the attitude uve got now".

Then after a few weeks feeling like this, I managed to say something to someone.....the first step is more or less saying, "hey miss/sir/mum/dad/receptionist/best friend (in my case it was the receptionist) I'm feeling horrible and I don't know what to do"......

They'll help.........trust me!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to phone up the friend which I trust the most - due to the advice that you people have given me.

I'm going to go to sleep now, I have a GCSE chemistry exam tomorrow.

See ya, and thank you for your replies.

ReputationRep:
    Go get a massage and release all the tension built up from this stress. Then take time out to relax and reflect on your life at this point in time. You can decide where you want to go in your life and takes things from there.

Sometimes it's good to take a step back and start over in the direction you want to go.

ReputationRep:
    Exercise works wonders, maybe consider taking up weight lifting - its ace for getting rid of anger.

ReputationRep:
    get some sleep. Sorts everything.

ReputationRep:
    You're 14 for goodness sake!! You got your whole life ahead of you yet you're thinking of ending it all and wasting all the opportunities you will have in life. I'm sorry to hear about your problems but it could be a whole lot worse, I think its just your teenage hormones playing up since you're going through puberty.
    Just calm down and relax and think about the positives in your life rather than the negatives. Remember, suicide is permanent but these problems may just be temporary. Things will get better gradually with time! And also, think about your family, think how they would feel to just suddenly find you dead?? Its something they would never get over.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.