Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    *hugs*
    Dont be sad, focus on the good things in life. Like fantastic music. I find that the right music makes me feel really good and alive. Keep up your running and try something new and enjoyable eg poetry or photography something that is just for you! A special hobby if you will. Especially watch comedy or kooky movies they always make me laugh. Imagine what you could be doing in 10 years I think of all the places I want to travel and all the people I want to meet. Accept the things you cannot change and focus on the things you can.
    Hope you feel better

"I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose."

'We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.'

Will you look back on life and say, "I wish I had," or "I'm glad I did"?

We deem those happy who from the experience of life have learned to bear its ills, without being overcome by them.

And finally; Without music, life is a journey through a desert.

ReputationRep:
    try to avoid the train route...it makes a mess and ***** up everyone elses day. Alternatively there is cliff jumping/building etc. - but tbh the anticipation of hitting the floor would probably kill me pardon the pun. Hanging is quite insensitive, i mean it's a bit of shock to the fam u know what i mean? Eerie too!

your best bet is probably the gun to the head...quick...painless..just a little messy.

Seriously wtf...your life isn't that bad...imo there are probably only 1 or 2 situations where in all honestly i would seriously consider suicide and tbh yours is definitely not one of them. It is an entirely selfish move and there is no way your life is bad enough to warrant killing yourself. You can consider yourself lucky that you have a house to live in, food to eat everyday, clothes on your back and even enough money to treat yourself once in a while. Furthermore, you also actually have the opportunity of gaining an education.

If you want some perspective I'm sure any one of the millions of people in haiti would love to give you a few good reasons why your life might be worth living. man the **** up

ReputationRep:
    Just do what I did when I was your age, go lie down and listen to Elliott Smith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dyingdaybyday)
    I'm going to phone up the friend which I trust the most - due to the advice that you people have given me.

I'm going to go to sleep now, I have a GCSE chemistry exam tomorrow.

See ya, and thank you for your replies.
    Good, already it's a start to have let it out on the forum, and keep doing so/pm someone. And it's brill that you're going to talk to a trust-worthy friend, good on you. Also, already realising that there's a problem is a step in the right direction, good on you x 2.

Good luck for the 'xam tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dyingdaybyday)
    I'm beginning to rebel against teachers, etc etc, and I'm beginning to bunk lessons/whole days of school.

I just don't know what to do... you are telling me to go and speak to a GP or Therapist or w/e, but I don't want to do that.

So is this just it for me?

Thanks TSR, at least you've made it clear of what choices I have left.
    No, don't say that Even if you feel life isn't worthwhile now then you have to remember that your feelings do change as you get older. Honestly, I know. I found it helpful to realise that the way I was feeling was largely hormonal rather than necessarily a product of my situation, although you sound like you do have real problems in your life. For many people depression passes once they reach their late teens or early twenties. You'll move on, make friends at uni etc. Hard as it is, focus on the future.

Good luck with the GP

ReputationRep:
    Call, 08457 90 91 92. The Samaritans. If you are seriously feeling ****, speak to these guys!

ReputationRep:
    high school is a *****

ReputationRep:
    Hope your exam went ok today. Also hope your friend was supportive.

Are you allowed to go round to see mates at the weekend? This would give you a break away from the home and the work for a little while.

Couldn't the chemicals making up your consciousness come together again at a later point? So that you'll experience consciousness over and over in different bodies/forms. This idea scares me. What if I come back less intelligent and in a less good looking form than somebody who I dislike in this life? If the consciousness is experienced again infinitely many times, I'd imagine we'd all end up roughly equal in terms of looks and intelligence, if you add up all the forms we take. Again, this terrifies me as there are people who I dislike and I don't want to be my equal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry115)
    Hope your exam went ok today. Also hope your friend was supportive.

Are you allowed to go round to see mates at the weekend? This would give you a break away from the home and the work for a little while.
    I can go wherever I want - all I need is an excuse, unless I've finished all of my work - but the work is endless... so...

The exam was extremely easy, I think I got more than 38/42.

I haven't spoken to my friend yet... I just don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    I see what you mean but you do need to have breaks away from your work. That way the work will not seem quite so stressful and you will have a social life too.

ReputationRep:
    I the only one who thinks this is probably a 20 year old student creating a thread for his entertainment....

If its real, I would suggest councelling...... If you're feeling suicidal when you're 14 years old, average A grades and being very popular then their is obviously something not quite right......

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.