Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

just got the invititation from fidelity. anyone any experience about the recruitment process or about the internship? anyone worked in investments before? especially trading, quant or fixed income?
    anyone an idea how much the salary is?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean they've invited you to interview?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting..... Not getting me hopes up.

ReputationRep:
    It must be pretty competitive to get in, since they just take a handful of grads every year.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I applied back in November and no word as yet. The good old waiting game.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damarus)
    I applied back in November and no word as yet. The good old waiting game.....
    Did you do a numerical after submitting? Or have you had no emails at all?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I've had no E-mails for a numerical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The IC Guy)
    Bumping this thread.

Has anyone else on here applied? Has anyone been rejected yet? If you haven't been rejected, what stage are you at?

As far as I am aware they haven't started first round interviewing, but the OP said he had "received the invitation". Any updates would be great.
    I was offered Fidelity Investment summer internship last year. PM if you want details.

It is tough in terms of applicant/place ratio but not hugely tough in terms of content. 4 places last year from 2/3 assessment centers I believe.

FYI the total graduate package is in line if a little less than investment banking i.e. well over 40. Bonus is an obvious consideration however.

ReputationRep:
    tops....

scheduled equity research interview...+ numerical, reasoning tests

"At this time we are only interviewing for Equity Research positions. If you only want to be considered for MultiManager please let us know and we will put your application on hold."

what is multimanager about?

i applied for summerintern investments..

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ I got something similar. I'd sat numericals prior to the email.

(Original post by Fidelity)
    Further to our email regarding your Summer Internship application to Fidelity International, we are pleased to confirm that we would like to invite you to a first-round interview. Please note that this will be a formal 30 minute telephone interview with a member of the HR team. Ensure you read through your application again as we will ask you questions relating to it.

At this time we are only interviewing for Equity Research positions. If you only want to be considered for MultiManager please let us know and we will put your application on hold.
    It also seems as though they have added an extra week onto this years internship.

MultiManager https://www.fidelity.co.uk/investor/...s/default.page

ReputationRep:
    Had the interview yesterday, any idea how long it takes them to get back? Their recruitment team have seemed pretty sharp so far. Telephone interviews are going on until Friday I think.

Has anyone else done this interview? How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    Bump again. Interviews went on all last week and yesterday/today/tomorrow as well I think.

Has anyone been invited to the AC yet?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrubsnamesake)
    I was offered Fidelity Investment summer internship last year. PM if you want details.

It is tough in terms of applicant/place ratio but not hugely tough in terms of content. 4 places last year from 2/3 assessment centers I believe
    4 places just for Equity Research? D: How many people do you think applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fidelity)
    Thank you for your continued patience with regards to the outcome of your telephone interview.

We are conducting the last of the telephone interviews this week, so will endeavour to contact you to let you know if you have been successful at progressing to our assessment centre asap.

With regards to the assessment centre, we have changed the date and provisionally booked it for Thursday 4th March, so please keep this free in case you have been selected to attend.

Kind regards,
    Graduate Recruitment Team
    Sounds slightly ominous. Hopefully they send this to all candidates as opposed to people who are just borderline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    4 places just for Equity Research? D: How many people do you think applied?
    476 applied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllNighter123)
    476 applied

source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figo0906)
    source?
    Figo did you get the same message from Fidelity earlier? Have you had any correspondence since the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figo0906)
    source?
    my friend who did a summer internship there last year.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.