Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Me and five of my friends had an idea that we could stay in an apartment in Spain that my friends family owns for a long weekend in July. The weather will be lovely, everything is totally secure and we would be under the watchful eye of her neighbour.

She has known the area for years and the only issue I have is money...

But how to convince my parents?!?
    They seem okay so far...but will need a lot of further persuading.

I'm 16 (just) and it will be during my year 11 study leave (post-exams).

Any ideas to help convince??
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    tell them you've already lost your virginity so they need stop worrying.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just book the ticket and tell them maybe a week before, my parents both hate waste so would never let a plane ticket go to waste :p: (you might have problems doing this if you don't have the money).

ReputationRep:
    If you've asked TSR before you've spoke to your parents about it you deserve a slap.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think you should take the risk tbh, you might get on a boat and end up in africa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chibelta)
    She has known the area for years and the only issue I have is money...
    But how to convince my parents?!?
    Right, so you're barely 16, want to go abroad with friends and no-one over 18 present, and can't even afford it yourself?

To be honest if you're not mature enough to save for things you wish to do, then I doubt you should go abroad without an adult.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You aren't old enough to go away on your own, tbh. I saved up for my holiday this year the hard way even though I know my parents could afford to pay for it for me, but why should they? Get a job and go on holiday when you're 18.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.