Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    who is doing it?
    nervous?!?!
    im worried about questions on the imaging the invisible bit. hopefully the grade boundaries will be really low!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm, doing it, I don't like all the surveying parts and the springs.. I like Gravity and whatnot, medical science is more wordy.

How are you revising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali_c9)
    Yeah I'm, doing it, I don't like all the surveying parts and the springs.. I like Gravity and whatnot, medical science is more wordy.

How are you revising?
    Yeahh the medical bit you just have to learn i guess. i have made lots of notes and im just doing the end of chapter questions in the book and some from the old specifications.

what about you?
    im hoping the grades boundaries are as low as the ones for the old units were! it only used to be about 68% for an a!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but stuff like Momentum, you can't make notes about it!? Are you just doing questions on the maths parts and not writing notes, then writing notes about like, medical physics and Imagine the invisible?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but stuff like Momentum, you can't make notes about it!? Are you just doing questions on the maths parts and not writing notes, then writing notes about like, medical physics and Imagine the invisible?

it will definitely be worth going over the gravity and electromagnetism stuff quickly ill be suprised if they don't show

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys. I've got this exam in the summer. Have any of you by any chance done the ISA yet? Rep given to anyone who can help me out/ what topics to revise types of questions that have come up?

Help would be really appreciated. Really need an A.

Kind regards, and once again good luck. Hope you smack it.

And P.S my physics teacher went to the meeting with the examiners, and he believes that the wordy questions will mainly be on the Imaging the Invisble. Make sure you study the diagrams such as gravitons given a special mention in the book, as well because the exams written by the authors. Good luck

M

ReputationRep:
    I have this tomorrow too! omg I have a feeling there will be a lot of the 'how science works' things! I hope not though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_251)
    I have this tomorrow too! omg I have a feeling there will be a lot of the 'how science works' things! I hope not though!
    have you done the ISA?

ReputationRep:
    on the momentum and stuff my notes just consist on the definitons. the maths questions should be ok. its mainly just using the equations they give you and knowing some rules.
    i havent done the isa yet i think we are doing that in the summer.
    i reckon there will be mainly mathsy questions on the shm circular motion etc and mainly wordy questions on the medical and surveying bit.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree with mouldy.. I think the maths equations are hard to revise, you can only do past papers about it. While texty things (All of chapter 4+5) are note taking. Besides stuff like "Why do the pendulums not point towards the centre of the Earth. I'm staying up pretty damn late tonight :|

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree with mouldy.. I think the maths equations are hard to revise, you can only do past papers about it. While texty things (All of chapter 4+5) are note taking. Besides stuff like "Why do the pendulums not point towards the centre of the Earth. I'm staying up pretty damn late tonight :|

urghhhh that stupid pendulum question on the specimin paper. i hate that question. im hoping that because it was on the specimin it will not be on our paper tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moh2009)
    have you done the ISA?
    no, I don't think our school does those. We do the EMPA or whatever it is. That's what we did for AS anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Oh lord, the specimen is appalling! Especially the question on finding the mass of the Earth with that pendulum and mountain. Apparently, there is information missing so we can't answer that question!

ReputationRep:
    yeahhh even when i tried it again with the information it was still impossible!
    gahhhh last minute cramming. This exam is going to be so hard!

ReputationRep:
    have you done the ISA?
    i thought the isa's were just for gcse's and empa's were for a levels
    i thought our practical last year was the easiest of the three bits thoguh to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    arghh! what did you guys think of the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_251)
    hey man. what kinda questions came up? I got this for my mocks in a few weeks time so i was wondering if you could help me out a little. types of questions any topics in particular that should be revised. if you can remember anything.
    rep given
    help appreciated

thanks.

p.s hope it went well for you mate

ReputationRep:
    hey man. what kinda questions came up? I got this for my mocks in a few weeks time so i was wondering if you could help me out a little. types of questions any topics in particular that should be revised. if you can remember anything.
    rep given
    help appreciated

thanks.

p.s hope it went well for you mate
    how come you didn't do it in jan? loads of pressure in june for you then?

it was an ok paper...i made a few silly mistakes. The topics that came up were x-rays, weight in a lift, centripetal force (in a small way), shm, resonance. Those are the only ones I can remember atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_251)
    how come you didn't do it in jan? loads of pressure in june for you then?

it was an ok paper...i made a few silly mistakes. The topics that came up were x-rays, weight in a lift, centripetal force (in a small way), shm, resonance. Those are the only ones I can remember atm.
    all our science exams are done in june. i know it puts pressure on us but we dont cover the syllabus fast enough to attempt in january.
    and thanks man. hope you get what you aimed for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_251)
    i personally thought it was ok. lots of people in my school found it very hard though. i was very surprised at one of the x ray questions. about calculating the internal energy of the anode. i used E= IVt which i found in the as formulas. did anyone else do this? i had never seen a question like that before!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.