Ludovico Einaudi grade standard? Watch

obsessivex
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi, I don't suppose anybody has an idea of what grade standard Ludovico Einaudi's music would be on the piano, especially I Giorni? If anybody could help I'd be grateful
benham
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I think once you get to his level, grades are pretty much irrelevant. He is clearly at the top of any recognised achievements. But he has probably self taught himself way above a level that is graded.
obsessivex
Rep:
?
Really? I'd always thought that the music that he's written that you can buy as sheet music is relatively easy, I know somebody who's only (not only as in it's bad, just it's not that far along) learning grade three and they're doing his pieces... :confused:
Echo_Foxtrot
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd say his music is about Grade 5 to 6 standard.
dreamyeyed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Le Onde was passed as acceptable to play for Advanced Higher by the SQA. For AH it needs to be at least Grade 5.
olipal
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would disagree, labelling it more grade 4 standard instead, depending on which piece you choose. It involves lots of very repetitive technique (arpeggiated accompaniment etc), so once you are OK with that, you are pretty much sorted for the rest of his music. I giorni has exactly that in, with no particularly difficult (if any - it's been a while!) jumps. Which other pieces were you thinking?

EDIT Come to think of it, there are some of his pieces I might put up at the top end of grade 5, but most are simpler than that.
obsessivex
Rep:
?
(Original post by olipal)
I would disagree, labelling it more grade 4 standard instead, depending on which piece you choose. It involves lots of very repetitive technique (arpeggiated accompaniment etc), so once you are OK with that, you are pretty much sorted for the rest of his music. I giorni has exactly that in, with no particularly difficult (if any - it's been a while!) jumps. Which other pieces were you thinking?

EDIT Come to think of it, there are some of his pieces I might put up at the top end of grade 5, but most are simpler than that.
I didn't have anything particular in mind apart from that really, I just remember playing that a while ago and it being relatively easy but still sounding mildly impressive.

The thing is, I need something for my second section in my AS music practical, and the grade standard has to be grade 5+, and I've not really played the piano properly in about 8 months. At least I've got the violin for the main section, but I have to do a second instrument for the second section, so basically just need any old piano piece of grade 5 standard.
concubine
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My guess woulda been in the grade 4-6 area, lots of his music is really quite simple.
clarinetplayer92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd agree with the general consensus that most of his music is grade 4-5, maybe grade 6, but they take quite a lot of musicality to play well and are much longer than standard grade 4 pieces, so they're quite difficult to put into a specific grade.

I can play I Giorni and I'm only about grade 3/4 standard on piano, and I'd definitely say that was one of the easier pieces, if that helps at all. But I think because of the repetitive nature of his music, people at lower grades seem to manage to play his music :dontknow:
benmh92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Echo_Foxtrot)
I'd say his music is about Grade 5 to 6 standard.
I would consider it more grade 3 standard.

lol :p:

Ludo is awesome though.
Echo_Foxtrot
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by benmh92)
I would consider it more grade 3 standard.

lol :p:

Ludo is awesome though.
I got away with saying it was Grade 5 for my GCSE hhah. BOOM.
obsessivex
Rep:
?
I think I'll just be safe and go with something completely different, thank you though
benham
Report 9 years ago
oh i thought u meant what grade is HE. music books you can buy different graded though cant you, like simpler versions of the same songs...
joe1545
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Any one know what grade Divenir ? cant find that any where, or difficulty would be helpful?
ApresAlkan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by joe1545)
Any one know what grade Divenir ? cant find that any where, or difficulty would be helpful?
Divenire is about grade 4, but with a few hand-turnings, so playing 1-5-9-5 is needed. It's not really that hard, but that's the only part beyond grade 4, really..
joe1545
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ApresAlkan)
Divenire is about grade 4, but with a few hand-turnings, so playing 1-5-9-5 is needed. It's not really that hard, but that's the only part beyond grade 4, really..
Sorry what bars, or time is it beyond grade 4?
ApresAlkan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by joe1545)
Sorry what bars, or time is it beyond grade 4?
Bar 2, for instance, requires fingering beyond Grade 4; however I'm sure any pianist of Grade 4 standard could play it...
julypiano
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm using Nefeli for my GCSE music solo performance piece. My teacher was shocked because I am only at Grade 2, he said that that it was a Grade 5 piece (at least). He also mentioned that lots of people have chosen to use Einaudi's music for GCSE.

Nefeli uses the same technical skills all of the way through and repeats itself a lot, but it still sounds pretty and quite complicated.

I hope this helps x
Samwakelin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would say grade4/5. I am currently doing grade 4 and nuvole bianche took me about 3 weeks to thoroughly play. I Giorni is probably a similar difficulty. Hope I helped
NaomiRC
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oooh! I haven't had a teacher for a few years (it became a chore for me and wasn't necessary) but I still love playing he piano, so I've just been teaching myself songs such as 'I Giorni', 'Nefeli', 'Primavera' and 'La nascita delle cose segrete'. I had no idea they were of around Grade 4 standard! Chuffed!

Does anybody have any recommendations for songs that are of the similar level to those? I have two of his books, 'The best of' and 'Divenire'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.97%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.02%
Not great so far... (264)
36.21%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed