Turn on thread page Beta

Ludovico Einaudi grade standard? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm learning it for my grade 4 but I know someone who is doing it for her gcse's which is about grade 5 so it's form grade 4-5

ReputationRep:
    I think it's mainly to do with the musical side of his pieces, rather than the technique itself.

For example, The Swan by Saint-Saens (famous cello piece) is actually pretty easy and involves little technique and only a bit of work to do with getting the highest notes in tune; but saying that, it requires a real understanding of the style and you need to immerse yourself into the music, so it wouldn't be lower than about grade six.

Personally, I'm not a great fan of Einauldi, but I'd say there's more to his pieces than repeated arpeggiated phrases, so although I Giorni might only be about grade 3 technically, to understand the style and the message of the music requires a lot more work, so I'd say to give it justice, you'd have to be about grade 5/6.

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anybody know what grade The piece Life is by Einaudi?

ReputationRep:
    It is about Grade 5 as i played it for my GCSE solo piece and it had to be Grade 5 and my teacher suggested i learnt it for the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Grade 3 to 4, it's not very complex, try playing this the whole way through without failing, then you will know grade 5 and 6... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Ko1gI9LcA
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by The Piano Man)
    Grade 3 to 4, it's not very complex, try playing this the whole way through without failing, then you will know grade 5 and 6... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Ko1gI9LcA
    This is hardly grade 5 or 6 but rather more diploma standard. The notes are not easy to learn and requires great skill to interpret successfully.

Also OP, I think Einaudi's music is Grade 6 standard depending on the piece.

ReputationRep:
    I played I Giorni recently and I am between grades 5 and 6. I think a lot of Einaudi is not that you can play the notes, but how sensitively etc you play it.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what standard nightbook (by Einaudi) is?

ReputationRep:
    Lots of the pieces are relatively easy, I learnt I Giorgio and Bella Notre while practising for grade 2. Others, particularly in the book In a time lapse, are a bit harder: about grade 3 or 4 standard.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.