The Student Room Group

No contact from Strathclyde!

So i have an interview for product design engineering next week at Strathclyde which i am attending. However this is really my backup course as i have also applied to mechanical engineering there too and i really have my heart set it on that. I haven't heard anything from that course, no interview or anything to do with it. I simply got an email specifically from the product design engineering course. I few people have mentioned recieving info packs about the mechanical engineering course and if they don't confirm whether they can attend their application may be rejected?! I'm worried that i was supposed to recieve this info pack. I dont want to be rejected because of this. Should i email them and enquire?
Reply 1
I was offered an interview at Strathclyde for product design engineering about a month ago, it's next week. This is really only my back up course as i have also applied to mechanical engineering there, which i am really hoping to get. However i haven't recieved anything from them yet regarding that course, i have AAB and it needs BBB. Does anyone know if it would be ok to contact them about it?
why would they want you? you have silly hair.
Reply 3
What would you say? If you actually have a reason for contacting them it's fine, but if it's just to chase them up, don't
it can work...i chased up reading because so many people were getting interviews and i wasn't. so i rang them up and they were really helpful and told me that i did have an interview but they were just being slow. so you could give it a go. don't email though, they must get a thousand a day and they don't reply.
Reply 5
I don't follow what you would question, espcially seeing as thought your going to be interviewed next week. If you already have what they want then just do your best at interview and then cross your fingers for an unconditional.
Reply 6
Gareee
So i have an interview for product design engineering next week at Strathclyde which i am attending. However this is really my backup course as i have also applied to mechanical engineering there too and i really have my heart set it on that. I haven't heard anything from that course, no interview or anything to do with it. I simply got an email specifically from the product design engineering course. I few people have mentioned recieving info packs about the mechanical engineering course and if they don't confirm whether they can attend their application may be rejected?! I'm worried that i was supposed to recieve this info pack. I dont want to be rejected because of this. Should i email them and enquire?
Why not? Given the recent disruptions because of the weather - at either end of the 'chain' - it's not an unreasonable thing to do.