Turn on thread page Beta

Being single is not a bad thing, watch

ReputationRep:
    As we’re nowhere near approaching Valentine’s Day but everyone seems to stupidly think we are and nadda nadda on about it, like how they are going to go somewhere really cute and what they are getting each other and this that and the other, plus loads of other ***** about Valentine’s Day that I don’t actually care about, I decided to post to both complain and educate people about depressed people on Valentine’s day (what a sentence!).

I’m starting to get ever increasing amounts of girls tell me that they are going to be single on Valentine’s Day (VD) and how they’re going to be sad. So?! Be sad if you live in Haiti. Be sad if you have no arms. Be sad if your boyfriend splits up with you the day before VD then goes back out with you the day after VD so he doesn’t have to buy you a present. But do NOT be sad if you are single on VD, it is so damn frustrating.

It is not the end of the world. Realise that. You shouldn’t [i]need[/b] or even rely on some guy to make you happy. A bf or a gf is supposed to enrich your already happy life (please tell me if I’m wrong because that is how I see it, also to obviously reproduce and all that ********), not the other way round. You shouldn’t be dependent on having a guy, no matter who he is, to be your bf just to keep your happiness up – I’m seeing this more and more on facey b now; “HATES BEING SINGLE”, “need a boy so badlyyyy” etc. NO YOU DON’T.

Going to be frank here but if you’re going to be depressed or even slightly sad on VD because you’re single then your life sucks.

Go and sort it out. I’ve never had a gf in all 19 years of my life, simply because I’ve never found anyone I like enough due to high standards and my priciple of not settling for anyone, it is who I am, to have a gf who I a fond of but not mad about would be unfair to her as well as myself (similar to Adonis but I don’t feel the announce to boldly proclaim it a lot) and that doesn’t bother me. I’m 19. I want to live. I don’t want to be tied down to some bint for the rest of my life when I can see several girls at once whilst I’m young and carefree.

Stop being such a pussyhole. And this goes for guys too. If you want a gf purely because you just want sex on tap then you’re getting a gf for the wrong reasons. Girlfriends take massive amounts of effort (as well as them to you) and if you don’t want to put in the effort then it’s doomed to fail.

Guys, so what if you haven’t had a girlfriend at 19? Why are you worried? It’s likely that our generation will live past 100, so you haven’t even lived a fifth of your life yet, and you’ve probably been sexually active a few years at most? Wake up and get a life! Stop moping around like such babies that you are and maybe you might actually be able to attract a girl when you’re not wallowing around in pointless self pity. It helps no one. Be optimistic and confident and most of all, happy about your life and watch your success increase dramatically.

ReputationRep:
    Hear hear.

I only read half, but it was good.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. You should be far more concerned at your inability to spell, imo xx

ReputationRep:
    Will rep on recharge.

I can't ******* stand idiots thinking they've fallen in love. I also hate the fact everyone suddenly starts appreciating their partner because its VD. I mean christ if you need a materialistic holiday to coerce you into appreciation your partner then your relationship is a failure.

ReputationRep:
    I can't rep you as I have previously.
    Couldn't have put it better myself- all the single men, all the single men... now put your hands up! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well your life isn't rubbish when single but its like black and white

And when you're in love everythings in colour :awesome:

(Original post by vilage_idoit)

Go and sort it out. I’ve never had a gf in all 19 years of my life, simply because I’ve never found anyone I like enough due to high standards and my priciple of not settling for anyone, it is who I am, to have a gf who I a fond of but not mad about would be unfair to her as well as myself (similar to Adonis but I don’t feel the announce to boldly proclaim it a lot) and that doesn’t bother me. I’m 19. I want to live. I don’t want to be tied down to some bint for the rest of my life when I can see several girls at once whilst I’m young and carefree.
    Firstly buuuulllllll ****, secondly Adonis is an idiot, that's why he was unable to get a gf till now, its nothing to be proud off

If you can't find a girl good enough to meet your standards it says a lot about your social life/circle tbh

I used to think that. When I was single.

That said, I was single for a long time, and I'm glad that I met someone I love completely rather than being with someone just for the sake of being with someone (as a LOT of people are).

So... I guess... no, being single isn't a bad thing... it's just not as good as sharing your life with someone you love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhumbauze)
    So... I guess... no, being single isn't a bad thing... it's just not as good as sharing your life with someone you love.
    That's a fair point, but until I meet that person my life is a party!

sorry, but i still think that i need someone, despite reading that. it's not because we're approaching Valentine's though- i've been feeling like this for quite a while. and watching loved up couples makes it even worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Well your life isn't rubbish when single but its like black and white

And when you're in love everythings in colour :awesome:

Firstly buuuulllllll ****, secondly Adonis is an idiot, that's why he was unable to get a gf till now, its nothing to be proud off

If you can't find a girl good enough to meet your standards it says a lot about your social life/circle tbh
    When my dicks getting sucked by a different girl every week my life is in colour

Although I do get what you're saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    I agree. You should be far more concerned at your inability to spell, imo xx
    Is that a joke or?

I'm actually an incredible speller, but cba to read through it to see if I made any mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    When my dicks getting sucked by a different girl every week my life is in colour

Although I do get what you're saying.
    So true. Most guys don't get this though and think a gf will solve their problems so they end up settling for any old bint, which is why most guys ram anything with a pulse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhumbauze)
    This

ReputationRep:
    So true. Most guys don't get this though and think a gf will solve their problems so they end up settling for any old bint, which is why most guys ram anything with a pulse.
    So true.
    The majority of guys who /feel/ they /need/ a girl friend just have insecurity issues.

That's a fair point, but until I meet that person my life is a party!
    That's fair enough, while you're young... just remember it has to come to an end - there's nothing sadder than a 30+ year old party boy. Except maybe a 30+ year old party girl, haha.

tbh I'd say 27+ is starting to push it a bit...

ReputationRep:
    bet you feel better now

ReputationRep:
    As we’re nowhere near approaching Valentine’s Day but everyone seems to stupidly think we are and nadda nadda on about it, like how they are going to go somewhere really cute and what they are getting each other and this that and the other, plus loads of other ***** about Valentine’s Day that I don’t actually care about, I decided to post to both complain and educate people about depressed people on Valentine’s day (what a sentence!).

I’m starting to get ever increasing amounts of girls tell me that they are going to be single on Valentine’s Day (VD) and how they’re going to be sad. So?! Be sad if you live in Haiti. Be sad if you have no arms. Be sad if your boyfriend splits up with you the day before VD then goes back out with you the day after VD so he doesn’t have to buy you a present. But do NOT be sad if you are single on VD, it is so damn frustrating.

It is not the end of the world. Realise that. You shouldn’t [i]need[/b] or even rely on some guy to make you happy. A bf or a gf is supposed to enrich your already happy life (please tell me if I’m wrong because that is how I see it, also to obviously reproduce and all that ********), not the other way round. You shouldn’t be dependent on having a guy, no matter who he is, to be your bf just to keep your happiness up – I’m seeing this more and more on facey b now; “HATES BEING SINGLE”, “need a boy so badlyyyy” etc. NO YOU DON’T.

Going to be frank here but if you’re going to be depressed or even slightly sad on VD because you’re single then your life sucks.

Go and sort it out. I’ve never had a gf in all 19 years of my life, simply because I’ve never found anyone I like enough due to high standards and my priciple of not settling for anyone, it is who I am, to have a gf who I a fond of but not mad about would be unfair to her as well as myself (similar to Adonis but I don’t feel the announce need to boldly proclaim it a lot) and that doesn’t bother me. I’m 19. I want to live. I don’t want to be tied down to some bint for the rest of my life when I can see several girls at once whilst I’m young and carefree.

Stop being such a pussyhole. And this goes for guys too. If you want a gf purely because you just want sex on tap then you’re getting a gf for the wrong reasons. Girlfriends take massive amounts of effort (as well as them to you) and if you don’t want to put in the effort then it’s doomed to fail.

Guys, so what if you haven’t had a girlfriend at 19? Why are you worried? It’s likely that our generation will live past 100, so you haven’t even lived a fifth of your life yet, and you’ve probably been sexually active a few years at most? Wake up and get a life! Stop moping around like such babies that you are and maybe you might actually be able to attract a girl when you’re not wallowing around in pointless self pity. It helps no one. Be optimistic and confident and most of all, happy about your life and watch your success increase dramatically.
    OH MY GOD HE MISSED A LETTER. AND HE MESSED UP A BIT OF FORMATTING. AND TYPED A SYNTACTICALLY INCORRECT PHRASE.

Anyway, you seem to be preaching to the choir. Valentine's Day is a silly tradition and there are lots of imbeciles around - and they are not the type to understand an argument.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, that's so sad :lol:

Don't know why Adonis has such high standards, he is ugly himself.

post made me less bitter :P
    single on valentines' day... meh. there's a ******** of things that could be going on that are much worse

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.