Turn on thread page Beta

Being single is not a bad thing, watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    I can't rep you as I have previously.
    Couldn't have put it better myself- all the single men, all the single men... now put your hands up! :p:
    gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilage_idoit)
    Stop being such a pussyhole. And this goes for guys too. If you want a gf purely because you just want sex on tap then you’re getting a gf for the wrong reasons. Girlfriends take massive amounts of effort (as well as them to you) and if you don’t want to put in the effort then it’s doomed to fail.
    Despite not ever having a gf you can say this with such conviction? Hmm..... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Get your own account and give DJ back his!
    I have my own account but it's not subbed :sad: lol, anyways he's back today so I won't be on much longer.

Being single is so heart-wrenchingly terrible. I cry everyday about it..

Spoiler:
    Show
    actually I don't, I just really wanted to use the anonymous function! I quite enjoy being single.

ReputationRep:
    This seems like you trying to justify your own inability to find a woman.

ReputationRep:
    • I like to think I can help (which, judging by some of the replies, I did).

• No problem for reminding you.

• My post does not have a small gem; I like tothink it's one big gem

• Just becauseyou can't find any doesn'tmean anything. I had never smashed a girl in until the late age of 18, but still itdid not effect my outlook on life.

• My sincere apologies if I have just wasted your time but you can't please everyone.
    Yes, I apologise, it was unfair, and you did cheer up loads of people by the look of things. Just in a horrible mood last night and then read this and thought 'hmm, feeling slightly worse now...good rant opportunity'.

ReputationRep:
    There are many things that aren't a "bad thing"... but they're also not a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    Man I'm hungry.

ReputationRep:
    Here Here

ReputationRep:
    Ahh good old VD, causing it's controversy again.

Personally, I hate it, in a relationship or not. I HATE anything soppy or romantic, I'd rather it just be like any other day, but unfortunately, every time I've had a boyfriend on VD, they've been like my complete antithesis.

So, I've been single for over a year now, and I love it

And I think I will love it especially on VD

ReputationRep:
    As we’re nowhere near approaching Valentine’s Day but everyone seems to stupidly think we are and nadda nadda on about it, like how they are going to go somewhere really cute and what they are getting each other and this that and the other, plus loads of other ***** about Valentine’s Day that I don’t actually care about, I decided to post to both complain and educate people about depressed people on Valentine’s day (what a sentence!).

I’m starting to get ever increasing amounts of girls tell me that they are going to be single on Valentine’s Day (VD) and how they’re going to be sad. So?! Be sad if you live in Haiti. Be sad if you have no arms. Be sad if your boyfriend splits up with you the day before VD then goes back out with you the day after VD so he doesn’t have to buy you a present. But do NOT be sad if you are single on VD, it is so damn frustrating.

It is not the end of the world. Realise that. You shouldn’t [i]need[/b] or even rely on some guy to make you happy. A bf or a gf is supposed to enrich your already happy life (please tell me if I’m wrong because that is how I see it, also to obviously reproduce and all that ********), not the other way round. You shouldn’t be dependent on having a guy, no matter who he is, to be your bf just to keep your happiness up – I’m seeing this more and more on facey b now; “HATES BEING SINGLE”, “need a boy so badlyyyy” etc. NO YOU DON’T.

Going to be frank here but if you’re going to be depressed or even slightly sad on VD because you’re single then your life sucks.

Go and sort it out. I’ve never had a gf in all 19 years of my life, simply because I’ve never found anyone I like enough due to high standards and my priciple of not settling for anyone, it is who I am, to have a gf who I a fond of but not mad about would be unfair to her as well as myself (similar to Adonis but I don’t feel the announce to boldly proclaim it a lot) and that doesn’t bother me. I’m 19. I want to live. I don’t want to be tied down to some bint for the rest of my life when I can see several girls at once whilst I’m young and carefree.

Stop being such a pussyhole. And this goes for guys too. If you want a gf purely because you just want sex on tap then you’re getting a gf for the wrong reasons. Girlfriends take massive amounts of effort (as well as them to you) and if you don’t want to put in the effort then it’s doomed to fail.

Guys, so what if you haven’t had a girlfriend at 19? Why are you worried? It’s likely that our generation will live past 100, so you haven’t even lived a fifth of your life yet, and you’ve probably been sexually active a few years at most? Wake up and get a life! Stop moping around like such babies that you are and maybe you might actually be able to attract a girl when you’re not wallowing around in pointless self pity. It helps no one. Be optimistic and confident and most of all, happy about your life and watch your success increase dramatically.
    whole heartedly agree there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    Despite not ever having a gf you can say this with such conviction? Hmm..... :rolleyes:
    cos i's clever init.

Nah, it's common sense but most guys don't realise it or only think for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Nebula)
    This seems like you trying to justify your own inability to find a woman.
    Of course, why else would I post this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsTallAsLions)
    There are many things that aren't a "bad thing"... but they're also not a good thing.
    That's true, but still it's not necessarily a bad thing!

ReputationRep:
    being single isn't a bad thing, but after 6 years of it it's become a little boring.

ReputationRep:
    FWB/ FBs ftw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Don't know why Adonis has such high standards, he is ugly himself.
    Lol, what a coward hiding behind anon to say that

Hmmm...I guess I mostly agree. well here's my take on the whole thing:

Being single is not a bad thing,

As we’re nowhere near approaching Valentine’s Day but everyone seems to stupidly think we are and nadda nadda on about it, like how they are going to go somewhere really cute and what they are getting each other and this that and the other, plus loads of other ***** about Valentine’s Day that I don’t actually care about, I decided to post to both complain and educate people about depressed people on Valentine’s day (what a sentence!).

I’m starting to get ever increasing amounts of girls tell me that they are going to be single on Valentine’s Day (VD) and how they’re going to be sad. So?! Be sad if you live in Haiti. Be sad if you have no arms. Be sad if your boyfriend splits up with you the day before VD then goes back out with you the day after VD so he doesn’t have to buy you a present. But do NOT be sad if you are single on VD, it is so damn frustrating.

It is not the end of the world. Realise that. You shouldn’t [i]need[/b] or even rely on some guy to make you happy. A bf or a gf is supposed to enrich your already happy life (please tell me if I’m wrong because that is how I see it, also to obviously reproduce and all that ********), not the other way round. You shouldn’t be dependent on having a guy, no matter who he is, to be your bf just to keep your happiness up – I’m seeing this more and more on facey b now; “HATES BEING SINGLE”, “need a boy so badlyyyy” etc. NO YOU DON’T.

Going to be frank here but if you’re going to be depressed or even slightly sad on VD because you’re single then your life sucks.

Go and sort it out. I’ve never had a gf in all 19 years of my life, simply because I’ve never found anyone I like enough due to high standards and my priciple of not settling for anyone, it is who I am, to have a gf who I a fond of but not mad about would be unfair to her as well as myself (similar to Adonis but I don’t feel the announce to boldly proclaim it a lot) and that doesn’t bother me. I’m 19. I want to live. I don’t want to be tied down to some bint for the rest of my life when I can see several girls at once whilst I’m young and carefree.

Guys, so what if you haven’t had a girlfriend at 19? Why are you worried? It’s likely that our generation will live past 100, so you haven’t even lived a fifth of your life yet, and you’ve probably been sexually active a few years at most? Wake up and get a life! Stop moping around like such babies that you are and maybe you might actually be able to attract a girl when you’re not wallowing around in pointless self pity. It helps no one. Be optimistic and confident and most of all, happy about your life and watch your success increase dramatically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Harlequinn Mask)
    That's very true, with my last boyfriend we would just go for dinner, or he'd buy me flowers, etc on impulse. It was such a lovely surprise and it really meant something that he didn't need to make a date like that.

VD was awesome as he did it all, in one night and it was special. However it wasn't a surprise.

In case anyone is wondering, we grew apart after 18 months. I am very happy though and I'm looking forward to a night out with my single friends this year.
    Exactly, I'd much prefer my man to take me out on impulse. not because he feels like he has to because it's VD

ReputationRep:
    lol, funny to see that guys measure their success by how many girls have sucked their ****.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.