Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hair disaster - girls please help!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redders13)
    Right, so i've had a massive hair disaster! i went to my mums hairdresser who basically turned my head orange (i asked for pixie lott's hair, which it definitely was not!)
    so i panicked and when i got home i drove to tesco and bought a packet die which was ash blonde (i know this was a rash decision and very stupid!) so i put it on and it worked, although my roots remained ginger!
    SO i went to my usual hairdresser who i had always gone to and asked her to fix it, she has now made it peroxide, it looks disgusting, tacky, yellow and most importantly, it doesn't match the bottom half of my hair! (which is still ash!)

so, i have 2 problems which i really need advice on
    1. how do i get my old hair back?! it used to be a mixture of blondes, similar colour to amanda holden for example. i don't know if low lights would work best or to grow dark blonde/light brown and start from the beginning by getting lots of sets of highlights in installments (baring in mind ive already spent £85 and don't have much money)

2. my hair is falling out - can anyone suggest an amazing conditioner or treatment so that my hair stays strong!

PLEASE HELP, SORRY FOR THE ESSAY! i need advice form girls who have been in a similar situation and know what to do!!
    Ok, so you wanted to go blonde (like pixie lott) and it didn't go quite to plan. This has happened to me many a time before! :] & I'm glad to say that I still have moderately healthy hair, which didn't all fall out. (Ignore any horror stories!)

Firstly, it is much easier to fix a blonde gone wrong than it is to turn it back to brown. This is because all of the red (orangey) tones have been stripped, leaving this yellow peroxide-looking base. The easiest thing to do would be to apply a purple toner, which will cancel out the yellow tones, leaving a nice blonde. Or, try a semi permanent blonde tone (not ash, it went grey for me!) over the yellow.

If this does not sort it, the way to go back to darker would be to replace the red in the hair, using a red blonde, in other words, auburn. Doesn't have to be ginger! Can also be a light warm brown, the brown wouldn't take much so it would be dark blonde.

Pay attention to this bit though! :] Brown = Blue tones. Blonde = Yellow tones. Mixed straight together it goes a nice shade of green.

And you wouldn't want that! [:

And a good conditioner would be Aussie 3 minute miracle, left on overnight. It's only meant to be on there for 3 mins but it did my blonde hair a world of good. It likes a lot of protein conditioner when it's been stripped.

I hope this helps! xxx

ReputationRep:
    omg this really sucks. :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >RazorImages<)
    Ok, so you wanted to go blonde (like pixie lott) and it didn't go quite to plan. This has happened to me many a time before! :] & I'm glad to say that I still have moderately healthy hair, which didn't all fall out. (Ignore any horror stories!)

Firstly, it is much easier to fix a blonde gone wrong than it is to turn it back to brown. This is because all of the red (orangey) tones have been stripped, leaving this yellow peroxide-looking base. The easiest thing to do would be to apply a purple toner, which will cancel out the yellow tones, leaving a nice blonde. Or, try a semi permanent blonde tone (not ash, it went grey for me!) over the yellow.

If this does not sort it, the way to go back to darker would be to replace the red in the hair, using a red blonde, in other words, auburn. Doesn't have to be ginger! Can also be a light warm brown, the brown wouldn't take much so it would be dark blonde.

Pay attention to this bit though! :] Brown = Blue tones. Blonde = Yellow tones. Mixed straight together it goes a nice shade of green.

And you wouldn't want that! [:

And a good conditioner would be Aussie 3 minute miracle, left on overnight. It's only meant to be on there for 3 mins but it did my blonde hair a world of good. It likes a lot of protein conditioner when it's been stripped.

I hope this helps! xxx
    that really does help! thankyouu! ill buy some 3 min stuff 2mro and leave overnight. and the toner idea. i just want my old hair back now every time pixie lott comes on the radio i want to cry. x

ReputationRep:
    Definitely don't dye your hair again just yet - at least wait for it to grow out a bit - sounds like it's been through enough already!

If your natural colour is blondish then the regrowth shouldn't look too bad. Also, remember that dyed hair, particularly dyed blonde hair, fades very quickly, and becomes more assimilated into your natural colour; I had a similar problem a few years ago, when some stupid hairdresser bleached my whole head white blonde when I ask for a few subtle highlights (an incident which has made me afraid of hairdressers ever since) - I went to a proper salon to dye it back to my natural colour, which is a kind of light brown, and it went completely ginger!

But after only a few weeks the ginger settled into a light brown/honey blonde. So I'd wait a bit - the colour will definitely fade so it's less shocking and more natural looking, and proably quite quickly if you wash it a lot, and also you'll become more accustomed to it- you might even grow to like it!

Until then - wear a hat? Or maybe just wear your hair up so it's less noticeable?

ReputationRep:
    that really does help! thankyouu! ill buy some 3 min stuff 2mro and leave overnight. and the toner idea. i just want my old hair back now every time pixie lott comes on the radio i want to cry. x
    Condition condition condition away! Then I'd suggest a re-dying session [: At this stage, it'd be best to go for the all over colour. Highlights and lowlights is just going to make it look like a mis-matched bundle!

Also, if the condition is really bad, if you're willing to fork out for that super-shiny-super-blonde look, then Toni & Guy are offering a full restorative process, which will take your hair back to virgin state, as if it had never been touched by anything unnatural (straighteners, bleach, the lot) for £60.
    It's a solution put on your head and then left for around 2 hours, does the job I hear :cool:

I hear that red hair is very 'in' at the moment if you're willing to try that, also :]

Jess xx

ReputationRep:
    Right, so i've had a massive hair disaster! i went to my mums hairdresser who basically turned my head orange (i asked for pixie lott's hair, which it definitely was not!)
    so i panicked and when i got home i drove to tesco and bought a packet die which was ash blonde (i know this was a rash decision and very stupid!) so i put it on and it worked, although my roots remained ginger!
    SO i went to my usual hairdresser who i had always gone to and asked her to fix it, she has now made it peroxide, it looks disgusting, tacky, yellow and most importantly, it doesn't match the bottom half of my hair! (which is still ash!)

1. how do i get my old hair back?! it used to be a mixture of blondes, similar colour to amanda holden for example. i don't know if low lights would work best or to grow dark blonde/light brown and start from the beginning by getting lots of sets of highlights in installments (baring in mind ive already spent £85 and don't have much money)

2. my hair is falling out - can anyone suggest an amazing conditioner or treatment so that my hair stays strong!

PLEASE HELP, SORRY FOR THE ESSAY! i need advice form girls who have been in a similar situation and know what to do!!
    The best suggestion is obviously to go back to your regular hairdresser and make them fix it.

If she is funny about it remind her that she has public liability insurance specifically for this purpose and that you dont want to sue but you may be forced to if she wont do it for free.

I have been in this position, and after keeping trying to correct the previous mistake i applied 7 processes to my hair in one weekend, it was kinda like deal or no deal where you feel forced into going on even though you dont want to, because it looks so awful

i should of taken the warning my hair was screaming at me when the penultimate process made my hair look like cat fur

but no, obviously i didnt want to stay like that, so in total desperation, i pulled some highlights back through it, and my hair which had been looking lovely prior to that wekend, simply burnt away and i looked like i had a really really bad mullet.

your hair is exceptionally porous right now, it probably feels like cotton wool, and all you can do at this moment is to put a deep conditioning treatment on it.

whatever conditioner you have, leave it on your hair for a good few hours, maybe even overnight, and then gently very gently rinse it out but dont shampoo it.

then tie it back or in plaits, and pull a beanie over it, and go and see the hairdresser again.

the only way you can really get rid of the ginger is by putting an ash brown on it. get whoever is going to do this, to put it very carefully on the roots first, as this is the offending area and the hair will be stronger there, but do not leave it on for more than say ten minutes.

then, if your hair looks like it may stand it, just comb it through to the ends for the final two minutes.

this way it will be de-gingered, and it may look darker but if the rest of it is ash, then iut should just look a darker ash,

you`ll need to lay off it then for at least a month before you even think about touching it with bleach or peroxide.

but yeh ash brown is the only suggestion i can come up with colour wise.

im reluctant to recommend a brand, but i use poly colour in natural medium brown when i need to colour wash too much bleach out of my hair, but it is pretty fast working and you need to watch it and take it off literally a few minutes after applying it.

ps, i find that the colour i use and which ive just mentioned gives mine a pretty good ash base, and it looks good against the nordic highlights i use with it afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    Pictures?! Sorry, I shouldn't, but please?! I'd have kept the orange myself, would've been pretty funky in my opinion!

Could you dye it a light brown colour? Perhaps with a temporary dye? It might not be your natural colour but if you're really unhappy with how your hair looks at the moment it might provide a temporary solution until your hair is strong enough to have heavier treatments. Also, conditioning seems like a major priority. I'm no hair expert but I'd suggest maybe trying those deep conditioning products for colour treated/damaged hair? I think the Aussie brand do one that you leave on for a while before washing off. Hope all goes well

ReputationRep:
    I've done this before. I used shaders and toners light ash blonde. Its a purple dye type thing that neutralizes the yellow colour of your hair. And its like £1 from superdrug. I wouldn't try to bleach it again. You can try going back to the hairdresser to sort it out, but since you've dyed it again since I doubt they'll do anything. Go a darker blonde, getting colour put in will condition and strenghten you're hair. If you want to go Pixie Lott, you'll need to get full head highlights quite frequently, this is what I did before the DIY disaster as I worked at a salon and got it done for free. It can be pricey but looks a lot better, and you'll find after a while you'll need it done less frequently.

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much for all your help! i think the dark blonde solution is gonna be the winner, at this very moment im sitting with aussie 3 min miracle and letting it work its magic like you all suggested. thank youuuuu p.s. i give up on pixie lott hair my old hair wasnt all that bad i just fancied a change, which went drastically wrongggg.

ReputationRep:
    You need to use Aussie 3 minutes to treat it. Don't dye it again, you will ruin your hair! Head and Shoulders strips dye away from hair apparently and its not too strong. Though there are other shampoos which will strip it away a lot more effectively these might damage your hair.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick thought! If you'd like to change your hair without having to process it like this, I would recommend maybe trying some clip-in extensions?

HeadKandy are my favourite, I have some in Melted Chocolate shade & they're LUSH <3

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Tie some weights to your hair, and slowly do reps. You should see some difference in 3-4 weeks.

On a lighter note, may I suggest a wig?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red_student)
    I can't really give you any help or advice but I do know that the hairdresser should not have let you out of the salon with hair that went wrong! This is really, really unprofessional and just totally wrong. I had my hair dyed last week (a red/brown colour) and my roots went ginger but the rest of my hair was fine. It was at Tony & Guy and the hairdresser wouldn't let me go and kept the salon open late to dye it again until it went right! Seriously, I'd go back and make them fix it for free.
    I'd say this too, OP.
    My cousin had a similar experience, and they completely acted unprofessionally so she demanded to have it fixed. Don't accept it OP, they're meant to be the professionals, and its best you go back and try and get them to fix it instead of trying even more colours yourself to try and balance it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    wash your hair and dry it naturally
    the next day put some toner in
    then put some dye in OR [and this is what I would do] go back to the hairdressers and complain and MAKE them fix it.
    The hairdresser can easily claim it wasn't their fault due to her dying her hair twice after the time they did it.

ReputationRep:
    Shave it off. It'll grow back and it'll be something to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    the thing is, im scared tht if any more dye touches it, it will fall out, its already getting weaker thats why im trying to find ways to make my hair stronger.
    The best thing to do, in my opinion is to go and explain this to them. They got you into this mess! They should really do something to help by giving you something to help make your hair stronger, and then dyeing it again. They must do something as this is really unfair on you!

ReputationRep:
    That horse hair shampoo stuff. Megatek?

ReputationRep:
    wig...rep please (not neg)

ReputationRep:
    OP
    Stick some olive/cocnut/any sort of oil in for a couple of hours before you wash it... If you keep doing it for a couple of weeks you should notice it getting stronger. I would go back tot he peroxide salon and get them to sort it out

ReputationRep:

First of all, NO WAY should you have been charged £85 for that. I got my hair bleached on friday incidentally, she was there for five hours trying to get it the right tone, and charged me £50 instead of £75 with two special shampoos given to me for free, though I still feel I should have paid less.
    Luckily, the result is decent enough, though the intense treatments have left my hair needing major TLC.

DO NOT apply any more bleach or toner to your hair. You risk having a chemical haircut, especially if its falling out a bit as it is. I would suggest getting a different haircut that will get rid of frazzled ends if you have those. If you're desperate to dye your hair then leave it as long as possible, ideally at least 4 weeks. Be warned if you attempt to do anything sooner!

Use intense conditioning treatments - look for the salon brands section in Boots. I alternate between a purple/scalp sensitive shampoo, then add a 5min conditioning treatment, wash out and use a conditioner especially for blondes, and then dry my hair as quickly as possible. Your hair is weakest when its wet, so try to dry it on your hairdryer's coolest setting, and use an ionic one if possible.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.