Turn on thread page Beta

I want to give blood and become an organ donar watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, basically my dad always gives blood like 3-4 times a year and I would also like to do this, however I'm not sure how to do it. Should I make an appointment with my GP?

Secondly I would like to become an organ donar and give anyone that required an organ mine. This has become very sudden as I was thinkin to myself, that I would totally take one, but be scared to donate, but Ive overcome this and would like to know how to go about it.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.blood.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/ukt/...me_a_donor.jsp

Well done for deciding to do it. It's very easy, a 5 minute form online and they post you the card which you just keep in your wallet/purse so they can quickly identify if you do have an accident.

ReputationRep:
    teamwork! :highfive:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steverockin)
    Hey guys, basically my dad always gives blood like 3-4 times a year and I would also like to do this, however I'm not sure how to do it. Should I make an appointment with my GP?

Secondly I would like to become an organ donar and give anyone that required an organ mine. This has become very sudden as I was thinkin to myself, that I would totally take one, but be scared to donate, but Ive overcome this and would like to know how to go about it.

Cheers.

congratulations on deciding

visit www.blood.co.uk and look at the next nearest avaliable sessions! You can just turn up, or make an appointment, either way it doesn't matter. You can also ask to be put on the organ donation whilst there aswell- why not ask about becoming a platelet donor and be on the bone marrow register too?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.