Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My only times having to be in a hospital....... is this abnormal? watch

ReputationRep:
    Went in to have my Adenoids removed and have grommets put in my ears. And spent 2 weeks in hospital when they couldn't work out what was causing massive stomach pains, turns out it was appendicitis.

Other than that I avoid hospitals where humanely possible unless dragged there against my will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    guess what? I've just been for a slash, would you like me to tell you how many times I had to shake my nobend afterwards. The rubbish topics people put on here makes you wonder whats wrong with the world
    umm, yeah i have no idea what you're talking about,:dontknow: i don't think anyone else does either...... what?

ReputationRep:
    Besides being born the only times I can remember going to the hospital was because of my job, having to accompany a resident to A&E.

ReputationRep:
    why are you so bothered?
    being ill enough to be in hospital is not fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballerinabetty)
    why are you so bothered?
    being ill enough to be in hospital is not fun.
    A playstation, 2 weeks off school, and eating salt n vinegar crisp sandwiches every day for lunch begs to differ with you.

ReputationRep:
    I went to hospital for a smear and other necessary checks. I have broken bones in my foot which cause me to loose balance from when I keep falling on it so its now permanently sprained. Last time I went when I was 10 and smashed my skull open. I have never taken medicine for anything so I tend to put up with everything.

Its nothing special if you have or havent, people fall ill, fact of life.

ReputationRep:
    Hospitals smell horrible. Last time I went was to take my boyfriend because he took too many drugs ha I felt like such a time waster... and now there are posters everywhere saying "A & E IS FOR LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES, NOT MINOR ILLNESSES..." oops. TBH don't complain, the fewer times you'r in hospital, the better...

ReputationRep:
    3 month stay in hospital - brain tumour & psychiatric ward :-)

Done my time, never again!

ReputationRep:
    No it's not normal. You'll have to act quickly.

Break your face. Break it now!

(but actually you've probably been to hospital more times than a lot of young people).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    A playstation, 2 weeks off school, and eating salt n vinegar crisp sandwiches every day for lunch begs to differ with you.
    i would rather skip class its alot less painful.

ReputationRep:
    I think loads of people are the same as you. Lots of my friends have never been to hosptial.
    I've been quite alot.

- Birth
    -Ill when I was 2 years old and went to A&E
    - Foot surgery
    - Second foot op
    - Emergancy oral surgery after walking into a lampost (cringe)
    - Thyroid Problem tests etc
    - Lymph Node removal and adenoids removed
    - Tonsils out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    umm, yeah i have no idea what you're talking about,:dontknow: i don't think anyone else does either...... what?
    It was a sarcastic ****take on the completely trivial garbage that you posted that we're all supposed to give a damn about

ReputationRep:
    You're all really lucky. Hospital really, really sucks. Especially once you get to the age where you're too old for the kids ward and you have to go into a ward with all old people... I don't know how many times i've been in hospital, its a lot, although the longest was when I spent 6 months there in year 11. Bad times.

But be happy people-you've probably all cursed yourselves now :P

ReputationRep:
    I haven't ever been to hospital for an injury, I don't think.

Being born, obvsiously.
    Tonsils
    A stupid number of times for jaw related stuff (braces, x-rays, teeth removed, jaw operation, cyst)
    2 overdoses

But I've never broken a bone or been injured. The closest I've ever come is spraining my ankle (or something similar).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    oooh, laa dii daa, mr. I've-never-been-to-hospital-for-bad-stuff

we can't all be safe like you,

:p:
    Well, in comparison to you being from Iraq...

ReputationRep:
    Hit by a car, broke 2 bones.. I was drunk. Two weeks for that.
    Broke a toe and it needed correction.. I was drunk. A day for that.
    Walked into a lamppost and knocked myself unconscious.. Erm. Intoxicated.

Alcohol makes me clumsy. This is why I don't drink much anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Not abnormal, but quite awesome.

I've broken so many bones I'm now into double figures and have lost count.
    I spent a week in when I was 13
    I had to come in for minor ops when I was 6/7 a few times
    Then hte usual things like birth and blood tests etc

I suppose the good thing is I've only ever visited one person in hospital.

ReputationRep:
    I've spent more time in hospital than I care to think about. You should think yourself lucky!

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't even born in a hospital. Beat that!

Although seriously I have been fairly badly ill so many times, I am jealous of freaks who are almost never ill. I've only had to go to hospital because of it a couple of times and my bones are stronger than the average person's though, so it's much better than it could be.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, Let's see...

I've ripped a ligament in my shoulder, had my nose sliced across the bridge, drowned, and had to get a chunk of glass removed from my leg when I dropped a cup :p:

Funnily enough, all of this happened in Primary school. I don't think I've had any injuries in the last few years.

Don't bother asking me how I drowned, it's embarrassing...

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, I was a premie baby so I spent a crapload of time in hospital when I was born.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.