Turn on thread page Beta

My only times having to be in a hospital....... is this abnormal? watch

ReputationRep:
    Went in to have my Adenoids removed and have grommets put in my ears. And spent 2 weeks in hospital when they couldn't work out what was causing massive stomach pains, turns out it was appendicitis.

Other than that I avoid hospitals where humanely possible unless dragged there against my will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    guess what? I've just been for a slash, would you like me to tell you how many times I had to shake my nobend afterwards. The rubbish topics people put on here makes you wonder whats wrong with the world
    umm, yeah i have no idea what you're talking about,:dontknow: i don't think anyone else does either...... what?

ReputationRep:
    Besides being born the only times I can remember going to the hospital was because of my job, having to accompany a resident to A&E.

ReputationRep:
    why are you so bothered?
    being ill enough to be in hospital is not fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballerinabetty)
    why are you so bothered?
    being ill enough to be in hospital is not fun.
    A playstation, 2 weeks off school, and eating salt n vinegar crisp sandwiches every day for lunch begs to differ with you.

ReputationRep:
    I went to hospital for a smear and other necessary checks. I have broken bones in my foot which cause me to loose balance from when I keep falling on it so its now permanently sprained. Last time I went when I was 10 and smashed my skull open. I have never taken medicine for anything so I tend to put up with everything.

Its nothing special if you have or havent, people fall ill, fact of life.

ReputationRep:
    Hospitals smell horrible. Last time I went was to take my boyfriend because he took too many drugs ha I felt like such a time waster... and now there are posters everywhere saying "A & E IS FOR LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES, NOT MINOR ILLNESSES..." oops. TBH don't complain, the fewer times you'r in hospital, the better...

ReputationRep:
    3 month stay in hospital - brain tumour & psychiatric ward :-)

Done my time, never again!

ReputationRep:
    No it's not normal. You'll have to act quickly.

Break your face. Break it now!

(but actually you've probably been to hospital more times than a lot of young people).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    A playstation, 2 weeks off school, and eating salt n vinegar crisp sandwiches every day for lunch begs to differ with you.
    i would rather skip class its alot less painful.

ReputationRep:
    I think loads of people are the same as you. Lots of my friends have never been to hosptial.
    I've been quite alot.

- Birth
    -Ill when I was 2 years old and went to A&E
    - Foot surgery
    - Second foot op
    - Emergancy oral surgery after walking into a lampost (cringe)
    - Thyroid Problem tests etc
    - Lymph Node removal and adenoids removed
    - Tonsils out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    umm, yeah i have no idea what you're talking about,:dontknow: i don't think anyone else does either...... what?
    It was a sarcastic ****take on the completely trivial garbage that you posted that we're all supposed to give a damn about

ReputationRep:
    You're all really lucky. Hospital really, really sucks. Especially once you get to the age where you're too old for the kids ward and you have to go into a ward with all old people... I don't know how many times i've been in hospital, its a lot, although the longest was when I spent 6 months there in year 11. Bad times.

But be happy people-you've probably all cursed yourselves now :P

ReputationRep:
    I haven't ever been to hospital for an injury, I don't think.

Being born, obvsiously.
    Tonsils
    A stupid number of times for jaw related stuff (braces, x-rays, teeth removed, jaw operation, cyst)
    2 overdoses

But I've never broken a bone or been injured. The closest I've ever come is spraining my ankle (or something similar).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    oooh, laa dii daa, mr. I've-never-been-to-hospital-for-bad-stuff

we can't all be safe like you,

:p:
    Well, in comparison to you being from Iraq...

ReputationRep:
    Hit by a car, broke 2 bones.. I was drunk. Two weeks for that.
    Broke a toe and it needed correction.. I was drunk. A day for that.
    Walked into a lamppost and knocked myself unconscious.. Erm. Intoxicated.

Alcohol makes me clumsy. This is why I don't drink much anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Not abnormal, but quite awesome.

I've broken so many bones I'm now into double figures and have lost count.
    I spent a week in when I was 13
    I had to come in for minor ops when I was 6/7 a few times
    Then hte usual things like birth and blood tests etc

I suppose the good thing is I've only ever visited one person in hospital.

ReputationRep:
    I've spent more time in hospital than I care to think about. You should think yourself lucky!

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't even born in a hospital. Beat that!

Although seriously I have been fairly badly ill so many times, I am jealous of freaks who are almost never ill. I've only had to go to hospital because of it a couple of times and my bones are stronger than the average person's though, so it's much better than it could be.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, Let's see...

I've ripped a ligament in my shoulder, had my nose sliced across the bridge, drowned, and had to get a chunk of glass removed from my leg when I dropped a cup :p:

Funnily enough, all of this happened in Primary school. I don't think I've had any injuries in the last few years.

Don't bother asking me how I drowned, it's embarrassing...

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, I was a premie baby so I spent a crapload of time in hospital when I was born.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.