Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellowmonkeyman)

EDIT: This is a warzone XD everyone calm down!
    Haha I agree with you, it is turning into a warzone but if these people want a fight we will give them a fight!!

Somehow I don't think they have been studying A2 biology since september. All they have seen is the outcome of 4 months of hard work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Which is what EVERY A2 exam does!

EXPECIALY for Biology.
    How can you have 3000+ posts and not be able to spell especially?
    I disagree and you have provided no evidence. Exams are to test your ability in the whole subject, not to ridiculously home in on small parts of them.

ReputationRep:
    I was addressing the first sentence alone nothing else.

Hence why i highlighted that one sentence.
    Well you can't highlight one sentence out of the whole comment and then give your opinion on that. The whole comment must be taken in context, you can't just address whichever sentences you feel like and leave the rest out!

ReputationRep:
    Why who are you?
    I'm someone who does not like to be insulted by someone who has not attended 4 months of biology lessons for an exam which required none of that knowledge.

Have you been studying A2 biology for the last 4 months and just had an exam? NO

So I recommend you stop talking before your argument is torn to shreds by those of us who have first hand experience of the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowplay1991)
    Haha I agree with you, it is turning into a warzone but if these people want a fight we will give them a fight!!

Somehow I don't think they have been studying A2 biology since september. All they have seen is the outcome of 4 months of hard work.
    Deffo! Its the wasted hard work that I really have a problem with.. I could probably calculate how much time I wasted in biology lessons.. I would have done only slightly worse in that exam if I hadn't gone to lessons.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Iapetus)
    How can you have 3000+ posts and not be able to spell especially?
    I disagree and you have provided no evidence. Exams are to test your ability in the whole subject, not ridiculously home in on small parts of them.
    Please feel free to look at any OCR Human Biology Legacy Paper.

If you cant be asked ill send all you need to you.

Wow i misspelled one word accidentally, **** shoot me now.

ReputationRep:
    I had an unfair exam last year, AS Geography unit 2 Edexcel. It was actually IMPOSSIBLE to complete it, 70 marks in 60 mins which if I remember correctly had three essay questions, one 10 marks and the others 15. This year they have added another 20 minutes to the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardine92)
    I had an unfair exam last year, AS Geography unit 2 Edexcel. It was actually IMPOSSIBLE to complete it, 70 marks in 60 mins which if I remember correctly had three essay questions, one 10 marks and the others 15. This year they have added another 20 minutes to the exam.
    We're not questioning the difficulty of the exam, because of course we expected it to be difficult, we're questioning the validity and relevance of it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm someone who does not like to be insulted by someone who has not attended 4 months of biology lessons for an exam which required none of that knowledge.

Have you been studying A2 biology for the last 4 months and just had an exam? NO

So I recommend you stop talking before your argument is torn to shreds by those of us who have first hand experience of the situation.

Well **** face.

Iv actually done all of A2 biology and i retook a module on Monday.
    So iv been working alot longer than you have. (my a in a level biology was missed out on because of exactly the problem you had with this exam, which i had in my final A2 exam.

Yet im not crying about it.

Also please take my argument apart! Tear it to shreds, iv made no arguments on the paper.

But i do have a copy of the paper and the specification, and the question about chi-squared is not off the spec.

There is NO basis for you arguemnt, none at all.

ReputationRep:
    The whole idea of A levels is to promote independent thinking therefore the exam paper is not going to be exactly what you have been learning because they want you to apply your knowledge to a different situation. At GCSE science you can jsut remember everything and it is simply a test of memory but A levels are set out to be different hence why this exam was the way it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twilliams224)
    The whole idea of A levels is to promote independent thinking therefore the exam paper is not going to be exactly what you have been learning because they want you to apply your knowledge to a different situation. At GCSE science you can jsut remember everything and it is simply a test of memory but A levels are set out to be different hence why this exam was the way it was.
    We're not complaining that the exam provoked independent thought, we're saying that the exam board shouldn't release a specification and a textbook telling us the general area that they want us to cover and then ask questions which are basically guess work.

ReputationRep:
    Well **** face.

Iv actually done all of A2 biology and i retook a module on Monday.
    So iv been working alot longer than you have. (my a in a level biology was missed out on because of exactly the problem you had with this exam, which i had in my final A2 exam.

Yet im not crying about it.

Also please take my argument apart! Tear it to shreds, iv made no arguments on the paper.

But i do have a copy of the paper and the specification, and the question about chi-squared is not off the spec.

There is NO basis for you arguemnt, none at all.

Who are you to lecture me on working hard for exams when you are resitting modules?

I have never had to resit an exam in my life.

My response may sound harsh but you called me **** face so you're gonna have to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    Back in year 12, we hadnt been taught manufacturing accounts (unit2 or 3 - cannot remember) this question was worth about 45 marks, i rememeber being in the exam like wtf i havent done this, i called upon one of the folks that walk about in the exam room and told him we havent done this, he just goes to me, well you need to blame your teacher afterwards..... we all came outta the exam room, we all looked high :lol:, we all ran to our accounts teacher screaming at her we made her cry- she made us fail)...... i passed on that question i got 22 marks, from just using basic sense, i still retook the paper........ Brings back good and bad memories
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Who are you to lecture me on working hard for exams when you are resitting modules?

I have never had to resit an exam in my life.

My response may sound harsh but you called me **** face so you're gonna have to deal with it.

It did not sound harsh.

Im retaking because i want a higher grade, for myself no other reason.

ReputationRep:
    It did not sound harsh.

Not because you were rejected by all of your uni choices?

ReputationRep:
    It did not sound harsh.

Actually you're retaking because you got rejected from every university you applied to. Your arguments are poorly structured but exactly what I'd expect from somebody with a UKCAT of 530. If you're going to go guns blazing into an argument at least ensure you understand the situation, don't infer statements from a couple of sentences that people have written. I'm sure you'll have a great career with the Daily Mail someday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkyrocker)
    I've already explained this point in a previous post: The new specification should treat the students studying it exactly the same as the old specification treated theirs, it's not fair to suddenly expect students to up their independent learning. However, I think jennybean has worded it excellently:
    they wouldn't be upping their independant learning as we had to do the same thing
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Not because you were rejected by all of your uni choices?
    I was rejected before my results.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mrsdocherty)
    Actually you're retaking because you got rejected from every university you applied to. Your arguments are poorly structured but exactly what I'd expect from somebody with a UKCAT of 530. If you're going to go guns blazing into an argument at least ensure you understand the situation, don't infer statements from a couple of sentences that people have written. I'm sure you'll have a great career with the Daily Mail someday.

I have a UKCAT of 665. and now an offer!

ReputationRep:
    Please feel free to look at any OCR Human Biology Legacy Paper.

If you cant be asked ill send all you need to you.

Wow i misspelled one word accidentally, **** shoot me now.
    "any" =/= "EVERY"
    You fail.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.