The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Accommodation at Swansea

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Im in the village, Flat 223 :smile: Anybody know wha the flats look like inside ? pictures or anything ? :smile:
So Excited !
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 201
Original post by 3faa
does any1 know if you can move to campus halls in the 2nd term?

Hey, yes you can. Just finished my first year there, I lived in the student village originally, but moved to campus after Christmas because of conflict with my old flatmates. You just need to go to residential services on campus and fill out a form. Hope this helps
Reply 202
Original post by Iespri
Hey,

I got an offer for Penmaen, i'm guessing PEN0511 is the fifth floor, is that right?

Thanks

I'm in 524 and i think it's on the 5th floor. But to be honest i have no clue! What day are you going to move in?
Original post by woolleywoo

Original post by woolleywoo
Im in 212/03 in halls and doing maths and physics :smile:

Hey I'm in 212/05 doing Zoology :smile:
Reply 204
Original post by Gjones
I'm in 524 and i think it's on the 5th floor. But to be honest i have no clue! What day are you going to move in?

Glad to see someone else has no clue :P . I am hopefully moving in on the Saturday, what about you?
Original post by Iespri
Glad to see someone else has no clue :P . I am hopefully moving in on the Saturday, what about you?

Hey, Someone wrote this last year in the thread so I thought I'd copy it for you :biggrin:

There are 8 rooms per flat 1-8 = flat 1, 9-16 = flat 2, 17-24 = flat 3 & 24-32 = flat 4 There are 4 flats per floor and 10 floors in penmaen. So for example PEN0323 would be floor 3, flat 3, room 23.
Hope this helps :biggrin: x x x x
Reply 206
I'm in flat 227 :smile:
Reply 207
Original post by Rhiannan Forsyth
Hey, Someone wrote this last year in the thread so I thought I'd copy it for you :biggrin:

There are 8 rooms per flat 1-8 = flat 1, 9-16 = flat 2, 17-24 = flat 3 & 24-32 = flat 4 There are 4 flats per floor and 10 floors in penmaen. So for example PEN0323 would be floor 3, flat 3, room 23.
Hope this helps :biggrin: x x x x

Makes a lot more sense now :biggrin: Thanks so much
Original post by Gjones

Looks like I'm in the same floor as you :biggrin: 530 here.

Edit: Failed at counting, thought I was in the same flat! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 209
Anyone know when clearing students can apply? Every time I try to create an online accomodation account it says "No student record availiable, please try later...".

Edit- Not to worry, I rang up and apparently it was an admin error. All sorted now! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 210
I had an Email from Swansea, confirming my place and stuff,

I'm a swimmer, (National level), I've got an offer to join the Performance Squad, but apparently the Swimmers have a separate block JUST for swimmers, now, I don't know if I want to continue swimming or not when I get there, (I actually want a social life).

I've asked to go into Village Accommodation, rather than the specific Swimmer block.

I got an email back asking weather I want to have "Quiet Accommodation" or Normal Accommodation, I'm studying Computer science if that helps.

I dont know which accommodation I should go for, "Quiet" "Not Quiet" or "Swimmers Block".

If anyone has any info/Advice I would be very grateful. :smile:
Reply 211
Is there anyone else in Caswell? There don't seem to be many around!
Reply 212
yes I'm caswell room 506
Reply 213
hey im in preseli 414, anyone near me? anyone know what it's like?
Reply 214
Original post by Mr.Bubbles
Looks like I'm in the same floor as you :biggrin: 530 here.

Edit: Failed at counting, thought I was in the same flat! :biggrin:

Original post by Iespri

Moving in on the Friday because that way i can go out to town, basically an extra night of Freshers! Yeah, tbh I'm probably not going to be able to find my room. So i'll be that guy wandering round the 5th floor looking lost.
Reply 215
I just received my accommodation offer. I applied in May but got my last choice :frown:.
Soo is anyone else in Kilvey? :smile:
Original post by DeathByJelly
Hey I'm in 212/05 doing Zoology :smile:

Hey I'm doing Zoology too :biggrin: I'm in 153
Anyone in the student village? I'm in HSV050/03. Standard Single (Medium). :smile: Do they do a year bus pass btw?
Reply 218
Original post by SilentIdea
Anyone in the student village? I'm in HSV050/03. Standard Single (Medium). :smile: Do they do a year bus pass btw?

Yes (but you'll just want the 3 term one which covers everything but the summer holiday.) Bring passport photos.
Reply 219
hey, i'm a little confused. Basically i have an offer for accomadation in the village but in the email i got it said 'if you haven't received the email yet go to the online thingy' that was last friday, so i went on the online thingy and it said stuff about a linsence i have to read and sign and some other stuff i have to read. i don't know where to get this, am i supposed to have had another email or something in the post or something. i'm really confused, i have to accept it by tomorrow.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest