Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SxulHarassmntPanda)
    Kilvey
    Which floor are you on? I'm on the 9th.

ReputationRep:
    hi yall.
    i was a student in swansea uni a few years ago, n i loved it.
    i stayed in brynmill the whole time and the area is perfect for students, with the uni only a short walk through a pretty park.
    i had friends who lived in other areas of swansea with differing enjoyment levels, depending on their location. eg. the sandfields are great if you want to get attacked by a street drinker, the st. helens rd. area is great if you want to buy street heroin, the student village is great if you want to be nowhere near anything, townhill is great if you want to be burgled...

the campus onsite is good but now i hear they want to build a new campus somewhere on the road to neath(even further away from everything than the student village)
    i went to swansea uni for the excitement of the town and the surf on the gower.
    in my opinion, the only place to live as a student in swansea, is brynmill.
    cheers a

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for accommodation or is it too late?
    I'd accepted an offer from another university where I had accommodation sorted but managed to switch to Swansea today!

ReputationRep:
    anyone gona be living in Presili? :teeth: just accepted an offer, gona be living in room PRE810 :cool: thought i didnt stand a chance with campus accom as im a returning student but got an offer after just 3 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    anyone gona be living in Presili? :teeth: just accepted an offer, gona be living in room PRE810 :cool: thought i didnt stand a chance with campus accom as im a returning student but got an offer after just 3 days
    You got an offer of accommodation already? I was told it'd be at least the 10th July before they start giving offers out, or is it different because you're an overseas student? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JA1994)
    You got an offer of accommodation already? I was told it'd be at least the 10th July before they start giving offers out, or is it different because you're an overseas student? :confused:
    yeah i was expecting mid-july, im not an overseas student, but it might have something to do with coming back from my year abroad for my final year and/or i applied for expensive quiet halls that are less popular :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    One of my friends is in PRE801 next year I believe, I'm in Penmaen next year as a returner

ReputationRep:
    Think its because you're returners.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, is anyone looking for a room to move into next year or anyone who does? There is a room available in a newly refurbished house situated in Uplands, Swansea. There are currently 3 girls and 3 guys moving in during September all 2nd years. The house has two bathrooms, washing machines etc. The rent is £290 per month excluding bills. The bond/deposit is £390. I hope to here off anyone interested people soon.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone on cefn bryn? got my offer today to do english literature CAN'T WAIT

ReputationRep:
    Ah 6 years since I was a fresher there. Stayed in the mighty student village. Read it is soon going to be demolished *sob*

ReputationRep:
    i am in PEN0106 anyone elce near or know what floor it is or anything? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wadey_UK)
    i am in PEN0106 anyone elce near or know what floor it is or anything? :confused:
    PEN obviously means Penmaen, 01 will be the floor number, and 06 will be the room number. I think that's right because I'll be in CEF619 which means Cefn Bryn, floor 6, room 19.

ReputationRep:
    HSV 159 anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeologyRocks!)
    One of my friends is in PRE801 next year I believe, I'm in Penmaen next year as a returner
    nice one :cool:

(Original post by stephiebellsays)
    Hey hey, I'm staying in Pre401!!!! What course are you doing???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    woo :five: accounting and finance, you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey anyone looking for a house to move into as I have a room that I need to fill ASAP. Here are the details, The house is recently refurbished in the last 18 months situated in the Uplands area of Swansea. It is a 7 bedroom house with 3 guys and 3 girls all set to move in during September(all 2nd year students). There are two bathrooms which are new, washing machine, parking outside etc. All the rooms are double size. The rent is £290 per month not including bills, the deposit/bond is £390 which you get back at the end of the tenancy which ends I june (end of the academic year). If you are interested please don't hesitate and contact me to find out more details. Hope to hear from you soon

ReputationRep:
    International Relations with French!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nice one i just spent my year abroad in France :cool:

can anyone find the fb page for Preseli cos on the freshers page the link to it is the same as for Langland :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bronwen1995)
    is anyone on cefn bryn? got my offer today to do english literature CAN'T WAIT
    What floor are you on?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, how was it????

Here's the preseli FB page

http://www.facebook.com/groups/411273438985272

Posted from TSR Mobile
    had its ups and downs but on the whole was a pretty interesting experience

cheers :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Looking for a housemate next year in Uplands, just off Sketty Road, about 10 minute walk to Uni.
    There will be 3 boys, 3 girls, all current first years.
    £300 a month rent.

Message me if any interest/questions.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 19, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.