Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional offer from Swansea as my insurance, to study French and German.

As far as I'm aware, there are two campuses, but which should I choose when I'm applying for accomodation? As in, which one is best for the French and German departments?

Thanks for your help in advance

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how close shopping is from hsv

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Blade)
    Anyone know how close shopping is from hsv

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know that there is a shop inside HSV. As far as I know, most shops are in Swansea city centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danavfc96)
    I have an unconditional offer from Swansea as my insurance, to study French and German.

As far as I'm aware, there are two campuses, but which should I choose when I'm applying for accomodation? As in, which one is best for the French and German departments?

Thanks for your help in advance
    Apply to Singleton / HSV. The Bay Campus is for engineering and business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by herondale)
    Apply to Singleton / HSV. The Bay Campus is for engineering and business.
    thank you so much! was stressing but luckily I haven't submitted my application yet!

ReputationRep:
    I think applying to dual campus experience is a con especially if you're going to study at bay

Isn't it like £20 a week bus journey from hsv to Bay..

Whole point of the dual is to save money...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody! I need some suggestions here...

Which campus would you recommend for a Life Science/Healthcare postgraduate student?

Thank you for your help in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I think applying to dual campus experience is a con especially if you're going to study at bay

Isn't it like £20 a week bus journey from hsv to Bay..

Whole point of the dual is to save money...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you get the 3-Term Pass it is about £300. That monthly is about £34 and weekly is less than £10. And you also get to explore Swansea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    If you get the 3-Term Pass it is about £300. That monthly is about £34 and weekly is less than £10. And you also get to explore Swansea.
    I'm going to stay there for 1 term so bus fare is 175

What you studying and where you from

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to stay there for 1 term so bus fare is 175

What you studying and where you from

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, you can keep the bus pass to explore Swansea.
    I am going to study CS. Coming from London.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hey,

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here!

If you are looking for the best of both worlds – living in the heart of the city centre within walking distance of WindStreet, shops, cinema and bowling centres with a direct bus to both Singleton and the new Bay Campus running every 10 minutes during peak times check out St Davids Student Accommodation – newly opened in September 2014 www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/swansea

We have 382 lush en suite rooms complete with all inclusive bills and contents insurance, social space with pool table and flat screen TV and regular social events throughout the year. Onsite management and security with secure fob entry system and parcel collection service.

If you would like to arrange a viewing or discuss further please do not hesitate to contact us directly on [email protected].u k / 01792341640. Check out our www.facebook.com/StDavidsSwansea page to see recent pictures.

Many Thanks
    Katy @ St Davids

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, well I got the unfortunate news today that I don't have any student accommodation so i'm looking for a house share with 1st years ideally. I'm Harry from Manchester and i'm studying Classics let me know if you have anything available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrymorgan96)
    Hi guys, well I got the unfortunate news today that I don't have any student accommodation so i'm looking for a house share with 1st years ideally. I'm Harry from Manchester and i'm studying Classics let me know if you have anything available.
    There's st Davids accommodation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's st Davids accommodation

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I assume you've found a room now? Ifnot there's a double in Bryn rd with1st and second years. 10 mins walk to singleton.£330 bills included? 15 mins bus ride to town and even walkable.

ReputationRep:
    if you have still not found accommodation you could either try letting agencies like Student Digz, 1 stop letting shop or Fresh Student Letting. There are loads of these places in Mansel Street and Walter Road as you head towards Uplands from the city centre. The other option is to drive around Brynmill, Uplands and Sketty areas. There are usually houses advertising rooms. Try Brynymor Road King Edward Road Bryn Road and all the side streets in that area. You will not be allowed to take your car into the new campus. The number 10 bus is running from Sketty through Uplands and the city to the new campus and the number 8 is running from the student village through Singleton campus and the city centre there. It is highly unlikely you will find accommodation around the Bay campus as the 2 nearest villages Jersey Marine and Crymlin Burrows are very small. Good luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    keep an eye on the facebook site there are rooms with first years 27 Bryn rd still available due change of uni. Lovely house includes bills.07854322641

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if they prioritise accomadation for people who don't live on the mainland like international students or people from northern ireland, isle of man etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrymorgan96)
    someone else from manchester!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickiDuff842)
    Does anybody know if they prioritise accomadation for people who don't live on the mainland like international students or people from northern ireland, isle of man etc
    Hi, not sure if they prioritise as in you'd get your first choice before others as in the room that you want but I would of thought they'd make sure that you do get a room as long as you put Swansea as first choice I think all first years get priority and will defiantly get a room!

ReputationRep:
    I have been looking around but no answer. Since Bay Campus is mainly for Business and Engineering. Is the Accommodation there full of boys? Or is it mixed?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 19, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.