Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Bhumbauze)
    A closed fist punch to the head? that's not just lashing out. A slap or a push or just lashing out with a hand, even throwing something, could MAYBE be put down to losing control and POSSIBLY be forgiven, eventually. But actually making a fist and hitting someone in the face takes a lot.

Let her go, and sort yourself out.
    I don't know if it was a closed fist but I just swung, I wasn't aiming for her head that was just what was in the way of my hand.

ReputationRep:
    Some Girls love getting smacked !!

ReputationRep:
    "Falcon Pawnch"......."Fatality" Ahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    oh, get over it

if you have depression go and see a doctor

she has every right to be upset but if she's really a true girlfriend she'd stay with you

ReputationRep:
    My advice:

1. Leave it entirely up to her.

2. Get thicker doors, yours are clearly flimsy.

3. Remember that it could have been worse: at least you didn't hit her in the back of the neck.

(Original post by paddyman4)
    My advice:

1. Leave it entirely up to her.

2. Get thicker doors, yours are clearly flimsy.

3. Remember that it could have been worse: at least you didn't hit her in the back of the neck.
    How would 3 have made it worse??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    :holmes: is that a reference to "the neck clicker"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.C.G)
    :holmes: is that a reference to "the neck clicker"?
    Yes, I was very moved by his story. So now and again I take it upon myself to spread the dangers of neck punching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If she wants to not see me again then thats my own fault and I will accept it. I'm not an angry person and I usually just make a joke if I find something annoying and let it go.

But for someone, anyone no matter if its her or a random stranger, to tell me what I do or do not think in my brain and the suicidal thoughts I have had I have made up is like telling someone "ah get over it" when there mum has just died.

While my response was not right at all and something I will need to possibly sort out, I am not the person to be violent unless you go 100 miles across the line.
    I am sure you are aware that there will be and there are people who do not take mental disease and issues like depression seriously. They cannot fathom or see it so they cannot believe or see how to fix it. It is difficult to be on the outside of that as the sufferers parent or partner or even offspring. Maybe she isn't used to it yet. She wants to understand or help you but doesn't know how to. It may be of use for both of you to discuss things more often perhaps?

Even when it is hard for you, let her know what she can do to be of support to you. I've been there and it is frustrating, especially when you see someone hurting or behaving in a way that you are not used to. I didn't react the way she did but I can see that is it hard to understand 100%.

I wasn't saying you are a violent person but something made you snap at that moment. I would say to or suggest that anyone ask themselves what led to that 'snap' or moment and how they can prevent it from happening again. You say it is out of character but she probably isn't the first person to say or imply that kind of thing. I am assuming it hurt more as it came from her.

ReputationRep:
    God I'd love to give the OP a good hard smack.

(Original post by Jayjayjay)
    I am sure you are aware that there will be and there are people who do not take mental disease and issues like depression seriously. They cannot fathom or see it so they cannot believe or see how to fix it. It is difficult to be on the outside of that as the sufferers parent or partner or even offspring. Maybe she isn't used to it yet. She wants to understand or help you but doesn't know how to. It may be of use for both of you to discuss things more often perhaps?

Even when it is hard for you, let her know what she can do to be of support to you. I've been there and it is frustrating, especially when you see someone hurting or behaving in a way that you are not used to. I didn't react the way she did but I can see that is it hard to understand 100%.

I wasn't saying you are a violent person but something made you snap at that moment. I would say to or suggest that anyone ask themselves what led to that 'snap' or moment and how they can prevent it from happening again. You say it is out of character but she probably isn't the first person to say or imply that kind of thing. I am assuming it hurt more as it came from her.
    She was the first person I had ever told, and I was diagnosed 4 years ago.. I guess I wasn't expecting such a negative response.

But yes I think leaving it and let her come to her conclusions will be best and then see from there.

ReputationRep:
    If you can't promise that it will never happen again (which you can't), then you should let her go. And sort yourself out. There will always be people who make you incredibly angry, and there is no excuse for lashing out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    oh, get over it

if you have depression go and see a doctor

she has every right to be upset but if she's really a true girlfriend she'd stay with you
    :lolwut:

Since when did accepting physical violence from someone most likely stronger than you, who you should be able to trust, become part of the remit of a "true" girlfriend? Why does being physically violent towards her not preclude the OP from being a "true" boyfriend?

I normally like your posts, but I find this more than a little strange.

ReputationRep:
    being depressed isnt an excuse for being the worlds biggest nob

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She was the first person I had ever told, and I was diagnosed 4 years ago.. I guess I wasn't expecting such a negative response.

But yes I think leaving it and let her come to her conclusions will be best and then see from there.
    Good plan. All the best, for both of you.

ReputationRep:
    You definitely had the right to be angry with her, so if she does not understand your depression when you talk to her, I think you two should split. Otherwise, give it a second chance?

:troll:

Jesus, did you try hitting her?

Oh, wait...

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't really matter what's on your mind, how you're feeling or what anybody has said - hitting a girl you're supposed to care about is pretty awful. Not to mention a proper fist...to the jaw.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe some people's reactions on here. "If she's a true girlfriend she'll give you another chance" etc. Are you people for real?

Dude, sort out your depression and then, and only then, start thinking about dating again.

Why couldn't you have just punched your door in the first place?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.