Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    I'm trying to find the place where I said it was OK...

...no

...no

Nope.

But one can be a mistake and a subconcious reaction, many is "I want to beat you up."
    you're still trying to justify someone hitting their partner...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You punched her in the jaw because she pressurised you into going out clubbing?

Honestly, get some help for your depression and leave. Trust me, I know about domestic violence and once you start, it's a downward spiral from then on. If you care enough about her then leave.

I would never ever forgive you if I was her. But then that's me.

ReputationRep:
    http://commendatori.files.wordpress..../shoryuken.jpg

(Original post by Stalin)
    This story sounds oddly familiar

:holmes:

Nonetheless, I give you a 3/10 for effort, keep up the good work troll.
    :ditto:
    Is it just a coincidence that yesterday there was a huge thread about gf/bf hitting their partners? No, I don't think so. =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    :ditto:
    Is it just a coincidence that yesterday there was a huge thread about gf/bf hitting their partners? No, I don't think so. =)
    They're getting worse and worse, they're not even original anymore...

At least some of the older trolls had a backbone and came up with some raw material...

(Original post by francescarella)
    you're still trying to justify someone hitting their partner...:rolleyes:
    If you can't see one is better than multiple then no offense you must be stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Mate you're a psycho - you assaulted a woman for ***** sake, and your girlfriend no less. If she doesn't have the gutts to break up with you, man up and do it for her. There is no excuse for violence like that.

Once is one too many times. No real man would hit a woman for any reason other than self defence. Makes me worry what kind of bull people are willing to put up with.

I Love You!! 100% right and couldn't of said it better myself!

ReputationRep:
    My God. Contacting her apologising, and let her go.
    And in her interest, don't try and persuade her not to. You didn't mean to hit her this time, so might not be able to stop yourself next time you get annoyed. It's in her interest.

ReputationRep:
    It's ok man, I know how you feel. I once dropped kicked this girl for looking at me funny. I felt so bad. I suffer from depression.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think the only way you will get better is if she stays, the problem is there will be pain and this might happen again but if this girlfriend really loves you and understands what you did is not the real "you" then she will stay with you. In place of your depression i honestly think you need to change aspects of your life, it's not easy but its time to build confidence and go out more.

ReputationRep:
    Someone may have already mentioned this, but if 2 guys were having that argument, then most people would probably understand why he lashed out, and a lot of people would have said that they'd do the same. And maybe too if it were the girl who hit the guy. It's a bit sexist, I understand where it comes from because men are generally much stonger and more agressive than women, but still, I don't really understand why it would be acceptable to hit a guy who says horrible things to you.

Neverthless, I think any form of violence in a relationship is wrong, nomatter who is the one giving or receiving it. And in this case, it sounds like you could easily do it again, and cause her some serious damage. So for that reason, don't stay with her, even if she wants to stay with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    This story sounds oddly familiar

:holmes:

Nonetheless, I give you a 3/10 for effort, keep up the good work troll.
    Yh i had some dejavu whilst reading this sounds familar to me aswell

ReputationRep:
    Well first I suggest some time in a boxing gym... she gets up crying after you punch her in the jaw? I though it was two lesbos having a fight. Second, you should have just told her to leave, you shouldn't be hitting your girlfriend ,depression or not but she obviously is a bit thick or doesn't really care much. If this depression is a long term thing, it won't work out dating someone who needs sensitivity training. Third domestic violence 101, go for the belly or the buttocks,somewhere that can't be seen,arms isn't any good if she rolls her sleeves up, and breasts won't work if she wears a low cut top. The buttocks is better, no vital organs so you can really bray her and the humilation factor is excellent.

(Original post by Jelkin)
    If you can't promise that it will never happen again (which you can't), then you should let her go. And sort yourself out. There will always be people who make you incredibly angry, and there is no excuse for lashing out.
    I dont think anyone can say they would never do it, anyone who does is promising something they cannot be certain of.

(Original post by Ministerdonut)
    Well first I suggest some time in a boxing gym... she gets up crying after you punch her in the jaw? I though it was two lesbos having a fight. Second, you should have just told her to leave, you shouldn't be hitting your girlfriend ,depression or not but she obviously is a bit thick or doesn't really care much. If this depression is a long term thing, it won't work out dating someone who needs sensitivity training. Third domestic violence 101, go for the belly or the buttocks,somewhere that can't be seen,arms isn't any good if she rolls her sleeves up, and breasts won't work if she wears a low cut top. The buttocks is better, no vital organs so you can really bray her and the humilation factor is excellent.
    It was not hard, she did not fall over and I did try to avoid her as I realised what I was doing so it turned out to be more of a glancing blow. When I hit the door, that was full power and it went right through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It was not hard, she did not fall over and I did try to avoid her as I realised what I was doing so it turned out to be more of a glancing blow. When I hit the door, that was full power and it went right through.
    So rather than agree you shouldn't hit girls, or defend your actions, you want to explain away your pathetic woman beating skills. Right....

(Original post by Ministerdonut)
    So rather than agree you shouldn't hit girls, or defend your actions, you want to explain away your pathetic woman beating skills. Right....
    No I was correcting a point that someone had wrote that was wrong. Which I have every right to do I believe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No I was correcting a point that someone had wrote that was wrong. Which I have every right to do I believe?

She'd have more respect for you if you'd given her a right pasting,then had her up against the wall , instead you punched her like a wuss and then to prove how hard you are damaged an object.Did you scream like a wuss too?

I expect she was crying more about not having a manly boyfriend ,instead she has one who doesn't take her out places, whines that he is depressed then has a ***** fit when she shows who wears the trousers.

Listen mate, do yourself and herself a favour, drop her ,sort yourself out. Thats my message to you.

Oooh, look at me, I've been diagnosed by a doctor, that makes it OK for me to hit my girlfriend...

(Original post by tommm)
    Oooh, look at me, I've been diagnosed by a doctor, that makes it OK for me to hit my girlfriend...
    Idiot.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.