Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    dude do ur gf and urself a favour and let her go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We have been together 7 months and she doesn't know I suffer from depression.

I'm not going to make excuses but I suffer from depression. I have not wanted to go out recently because of it and she confronted me about, by just shouting and putting me down. Anyway I tried to sit her down and explain my reasons but got that I wasn't depressed (I'm diagnosed by a doctor) and that even if I was I should get over myself.

Anyway to put it frank I snapped, punched her in the jaw before putting a hole in my door. I have never been aggressive before to her or anyone really and I had been totally calm up until that point but it seriously hurt me what she said. Anyway she left crying and I thought I would give her time to call down and then ring her to apologise and she said we could talk tomorrow.

Hate me, curse me, what I did was wrong... But I don't know if I should not bother and just let her be able to find someone who isn't such a psycho, what do you think?
    This is so funny, you don't want to make excuses, but you repeat that you suffer from depression all over again. It even sounds like your doctor is an accomplice xD Sorry, but nothing can justify such a behaviour. I think you should just let her decide what to do. But if I were her I wouldn't be kind tbh

ReputationRep:
    What's strong enough for a man but made for a woman?

The back of your hand.

GJ

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously you didn't relaliate to her in the best of ways but to be honest she doesn't sound like she is good for you or helping/supporting you with your condition. By all means apologise ( at least you have acknowledged that what you did was wrong) and tell her that she was really hurting you but I wouldn't recommend getting back together with her, it wont be good for either of you.
    In future, if you ever find yourself in a situation where you are getting wound up like that, tell them how they are hurting you and remove your self from the situation if you can feel you are going to act out.

ReputationRep:
    nail her and leave the bich

ReputationRep:
    I dont think anyone can say they would never do it, anyone who does is promising something they cannot be certain of.
    Well that's a silly thing to say. You can't say with any certainty at all that you wouldn't do it again, because you have a mental disorder. Whereas when my boyfriend says he would never do it, I know he wouldn't. Yes, there is a miniscule qualification to that, in that you can't actually tell the future, but so slight that it barely counts.

I "know" that I would never murder my boyfriend. But of course I can't be 100% certain.

(Original post by Jelkin)
    Well that's a silly thing to say. You can't say with any certainty at all that you wouldn't do it again, because you have a mental disorder. Whereas when my boyfriend says he would never do it, I know he wouldn't. Yes, there is a miniscule qualification to that, in that you can't actually tell the future, but so slight that it barely counts.

I "know" that I would never murder my boyfriend. But of course I can't be 100% certain.
    Just because I have a mental illness dosn't mean I go around hitting people, infact it has made me the opposite, I see no point in violence, it is not worth the effort.

You might "know," but how can you promise something if your not 100% certain? Surely thats a false promise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    This story sounds oddly familiar

:holmes:

Nonetheless, I give you a 3/10 for effort, keep up the good work troll.
    hehe ahh whats a troll? And what on earth is trolling?

ReputationRep:
    Wow people are harsh. She mocked him for having depression. Im not saying its right what he did but she did something just as bad, just emotionally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glee)
    hehe ahh whats a troll? And what on earth is trolling?
    Watch this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Watch this

ohhhh haha
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    shes a ***** and you're a *******.

ReputationRep:
    Just because I have a mental illness dosn't mean I go around hitting people, infact it has made me the opposite, I see no point in violence, it is not worth the effort.

You might "know," but how can you promise something if your not 100% certain? Surely thats a false promise.
    But you blamed what you did on your depression and the fact that she made you really angry, neither of which you can control. Who's to say she won't make you really angry again, about that or something else? In fact, she probably will at some point. From your logic, no one can ever promise anything about the future. Marriage is false from the get-go, no one can really swear on the truth in court, etc.

The "knowledge" that my boyfriend won't hit me comes from his past behaviour and his general attitude towards me, so when he promises he wouldn't, I believe him. Fine, if we're going away from promises, how certain can you be that you wouldn't do it again? I am 99.99999(etc)% certain that my boyfriend would never hit me in anger. Would your girlfriend be able to say the same?

I'm not trying to be cruel, I'm just trying to point out that it might be better if you focus on your problems rather than trying to conduct a relationship with someone (particularly someone who has no respect for your condition).

ReputationRep:
    We have been together 7 months and she doesn't know I suffer from depression.

I'm not going to make excuses but I suffer from depression. I have not wanted to go out recently because of it and she confronted me about, by just shouting and putting me down. Anyway I tried to sit her down and explain my reasons but got that I wasn't depressed (I'm diagnosed by a doctor) and that even if I was I should get over myself.

Anyway to put it frank I snapped, punched her in the jaw before putting a hole in my door. I have never been aggressive before to her or anyone really and I had been totally calm up until that point but it seriously hurt me what she said. Anyway she left crying and I thought I would give her time to call down and then ring her to apologise and she said we could talk tomorrow.

Hate me, curse me, what I did was wrong... But I don't know if I should not bother and just let her be able to find someone who isn't such a psycho, what do you think?
    I sympathise with you being depressed, I really do. But you are a ******* coward for hurting a girl- you’re not a man. I can’t stand boys like you, but at least you regret it, that’s a good sign. Just sort your life out mate.

Why couldn't you slap her instead? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/zomg.gif

ReputationRep:
    Jin Kazama, wins!

ReputationRep:
    But for someone, anyone no matter if its her or a random stranger, to tell me what I do or do not think in my brain and the suicidal thoughts I have had I have made up is like telling someone "ah get over it" when there mum has just died.
    My ex boyfriend told me just to 'cheer up and stop being so morbid and miserable' on a number of occasions. I didn't hit him.

Stop using depression as an excuse, man up and accept you ****** up. Buy her a new car and she may return to you. that was obviously a joke...

ReputationRep:
    My rule:
    Hit once = dump.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think you should let us think about it, but since you do I'd say try a combative sport. It sometimes make me feel better to go into punching fights (gentle fights) with my boyfriend or brother but unfortunately not everybody likes it. Apparently your girlfriend doesn't so since you feel like punching find some people who feel like punching too. I also believe you might find it easier to go through depression without people counting on you (not having people you owe things to, just keep in touch with your unconditionnal love lovers [mean family]), so if she hurted you just take some time apart. But since you have a doctor why don't you ask him what to do

ReputationRep:
    Just because you have depression doesn't mean you can hit a girl.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a Festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.