Turn on thread page Beta

I weigh 7 stone and still have flab :( watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballerinabetty)
    this statement alone shows that you have a unrealistic view of your self.

you may not think you look anorexic but it is a fact that you are. your bmi says so. and so as a result of that you risk serious complications if you weight stays low.
    being at that weight for a short period of time is not dangerous but trying to maintaine it over more than a year would effect your health a lot.
    your GP prob accepted the weight loss because of your illness and will be expecting you to regain it naturally not diet to keep it off. i can asure you she would not support further weight loss.

Some people have small frames. I'm 5ft 7in and way 7st 6lb and while my gp said that puts me underweight bmi wise, she also said "But you have good boobs and look healthy regardless so its not something to worry about"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Firstly, you're about a stone underweight so that should be address healthily - maybe a trip to your GP for some guidance on gaining weight sensibly. Secondly, developing a healthy covering of muscle would be very advantageous to you I think.

Body weight exercise, free weights and maybe even some Yoga would do you the world of good. You need to get fit and strong.
    How do you know she is a stone underweight? Have you seen her or something? It all varies you know..

ReputationRep:
    this statement alone shows that you have a unrealistic view of your self.

you may not think you look anorexic but it is a fact that you are. your bmi says so. and so as a result of that you risk serious complications if you weight stays low.
    being at that weight for a short period of time is not dangerous but trying to maintaine it over more than a year would effect your health a lot.
    your GP prob accepted the weight loss because of your illness and will be expecting you to regain it naturally not diet to keep it off. i can asure you she would not support further weight loss.
    WHAT THE ****?
    Who do you think you are? Anorexia is a mental illness it is not indicated by weight!! You are getting confused between anorexia and being underweight!

Don't listen to this ignorant person. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wren)
    Some people have small frames. I'm 5ft 7in and way 7st 6lb and while my gp said that puts my underweight bmi wise, she also said "But you have good boobs and look healthy regardless so its not something to worry about"
    Exactly! I'm the same, and i really hate the fact that people throw about the term anorexia. :|

ReputationRep:
    Frankly, I think you should all just shut up and squat. Or at least shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachesishere)
    How do you know she is a stone underweight? Have you seen her or something? It all varies you know..
    There's a 'recommended weight' for each height, usually to do with BMI (which, yes is a load of twaddle in this day and age).

For someone 5'3" a healthy weight would be between 8st 1 and 10st 1 (IRRC)according to the scale. Google 'healthy weight for height' and you'll find it.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people keep saying she's a stone underweight? She's 3lbs underweight. And weight has no exact correlation to bf%

When i was 7.5stone, my dr said it was perfect.

OP: I have no advice. I'm skinny fat too :p: Just ignore the scales. Look at your body.

ReputationRep:
    gym it!! exercise is the best way to tone!! dieting reduces fat but toning is your muscles!! good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    There's a 'recommended weight' for each height, usually to do with BMI (which, yes is a load of twaddle in this day and age).

For someone 5'3" a healthy weight would be between 8st 1 and 10st 1 (IRRC)according to the scale. Google 'healthy weight for height' and you'll find it.
    I you were to do a certain bmi scale that takes into account factors such as your age, the ideal weight category would be alot lower.
    If used one, i weigh 7 and a half stone, am 5ft 4 and with that scale, i was at ideal weight because i'm only 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Intensity)
    Why do people keep saying she's a stone underweight? She's 3lbs underweight. And weight has no exact correlation to bf%

When i was 7.5stone, my dr said it was perfect.

OP: I have no advice. I'm skinny fat too :p: Just ignore the scales. Look at your body.
    Yesss. Well said. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I'm seven stone and I'm 5 foot 4. By no means am I underweight, I'm just very tiny, hence my name. I eat like a pig, so seriously the BMI means **** all. My bmi tells me I'm underweight but I know I'm not. So OP no worries on that front.

In regards to toning, sit up crunches are good, bench presses (as they use all of your body) and general running to tone the thighs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinytinygirl)
    In regards to toning, sit up crunches are good, bench presses (as they use all of your body) and general running to tone the thighs.
    Bench press doesn't work your whole body, do you feel it in your legs when you do it?

Crunches are pretty useless too.

My 2 cents :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    Bench press doesn't work your whole body, do you feel it in your legs when you do it?

Crunches are pretty useless too.

My 2 cents :woo:
    My bad, my bad I mean plank hold. How was I so horribly wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Erm...

:lolwut:
    ok chill out so i worded it wrong. i ment it is a fact she is an anorexic weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuntimagee)
    I think you may have misunderstood the correlation between being anorexic and being underweight.
    being under a bmi of 17.5 makes you of an anorexic weight (it doesnt meanyou are anorexic). being between 18.5 and 17.5 is underweight. i have not misunderstood you have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wren)
    Some people have small frames. I'm 5ft 7in and way 7st 6lb and while my gp said that puts me underweight bmi wise, she also said "But you have good boobs and look healthy regardless so its not something to worry about"
    true but op thinks she is fat and it is more than obvious she is not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachesishere)
    WHAT THE ****?
    Who do you think you are? Anorexia is a mental illness it is not indicated by weight!! You are getting confused between anorexia and being underweight!

Don't listen to this ignorant person. :mad:
    i am 100% awear that anorexia is a mental illness. I SUFFERED FROM IT FOR 7 YEARS. ignorant??? quite the opposite me thinks.
    if you could read you will see that i said, what i mean is she is an anorexic weight, not anorexic in the sense of a eating disorder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jj1234567890123)
    Eat a lot. Go the gym. How turd are these threads?
    How rude, you dont have to read them you know, remember you do have a choice! Anyway.... Just general toning exercise should do the trick, stomach crunches and weightlighting, you cud try press ups to, but it takes time so dont expect to see results straight away, but at least u know its working, and soon u will eventually see results and feel them too. A good balanced diet too will help!

ReputationRep:
    i am 100% awear that anorexia is a mental illness. I SUFFERED FROM IT FOR 7 YEARS. ignorant??? quite the opposite me thinks.
    if you could read you will see that i said, what i mean is she is an anorexic weight, not anorexic in the sense of a eating disorder.
    It seems you're also suffering from being bloody stupid. "Anorexic weight" doesn't make any sense. The OP is not going to die because she's a little under a pretty arbitrary recommended weight band and obviously doesn't have a mental disorder about her weight considering she's already stated she doesn't want to go lower and wouldn't mind gaining some muscle weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    It seems you're also suffering from being bloody stupid. "Anorexic weight" doesn't make any sense. The OP is not going to die because she's a little under a pretty arbitrary recommended weight band and obviously doesn't have a mental disorder about her weight considering she's already stated she doesn't want to go lower and wouldn't mind gaining some muscle weight.
    i spent enough time being told by doctors that even if i was eating right if i was below a bmi of 17.5 i was of an anorexic weight, dispite my mind set.

'anorexic weight' makes the same amount of sense as 'overweight', 'healthy weight', 'underweight', 'emasiated weight'.

you opinion is fine but calling me names like 'stupid' only makes you argument childish.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.