Turn on thread page Beta

I weigh 7 stone and still have flab :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    OP - do what you want it is your life. all i was doing was making sure that you were not trying to get an eating disorder because you seem to think you are flabby when your infact very slim. too slim in my eyes but no one seems to respect that opinion.
    my advice would still be to see a doctor. not for anorexia but because they will help you decide in the best SAFEST way forward with your goal.
    other wise, all i am saying is be carefull.

sorry i offended you and everyone else in this thread. but i am struggling to see why me being worried about you is makes me so stupid and ignorant (total uncalled for btw).
    i have lived anorexia and it is hell, sorry i am trying to protect others from the samething.

sorry again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballerinabetty)
    i dont care anymore.
    i spent enough time being told by doctors that even if i was eating right if i was below a bmi of 17.5 i was of an anorexic weight, dispite my mind set.
    but of course you are right and the doctors are wrong.

'anorexic weight' makes the same amount of sense as 'overweight', 'healthy weight', 'underweight', 'emasiated weight'.

calling me stupid do not make you more right.
    If the doctors actually said that then there's something seriously wrong. Why would it be even the slightest bit appropriate to talk about something like "anorexic weight" to a vulnerable person recovering from an eating disorder? Furthermore, associating simply being underweight with an eating disorder is confusing and spreads misinformation (you find people saying someone "looks anorexic" now when they mean "looks thin" ) which in turn makes things more difficult for those who actually have anorexia. If you're not making it up, I'm now pissed of at the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    not at all. i have seen people die at a higher weight than the OP becasue of thier weight.
    is bmi 17.3 (clinical anorexic weight) not a very low weight.
    I've got a BMI of 18.5 and am as fit as a fiddle.

ReputationRep:
    true but op thinks she is fat and it is more than obvious she is not.
    uh... no. if I understood the OP correctly, and I think I did, she doesn't think she IS fat, she thinks she HAS fat. which she probably does, because everyone does. it's quite obviously a case of skinny fat-ness whereby although she is quite a low weight for her height, she doesn't have a lot of lean body mass by way of muscle, so her body fat % is higher than she'd like.
    losing fat isn't the only way to lower your BF%... it's a percentage of your weight, so if you gain muscle and keep the actual AMOUNT of fat the same, the percentage will decrease.

simples.

seems to me you're trying to project an eating disorder onto someone who plainly doesn't have one. stop doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    If the doctors actually said that then there's something seriously wrong. Why would it be even the slightest bit appropriate to talk about something like "anorexic weight" to a vulnerable person recovering from an eating disorder? Furthermore, associating simply being underweight with an eating disorder is confusing and spreads misinformation (you find people saying someone "looks anorexic" now when they mean "looks thin" ) which in turn makes things more difficult for those who actually have anorexia. If you're not making it up, I'm now pissed of at the doctors.
    it was actually several doctor/consultants and that is because i anorexic weigh and anorexia are two different diagnosis.
    it is missleading and can be missunderstood.
    but dont worry i seem to be having some trouble expaining what i mean so i will leave it.
    i was just looking out for op because dispite weather she is anorexic or not she is still of a very very low weight.

ReputationRep:
    i don't want to read all this cos its really long, but if noone has said it yet, stomach crunches! gets rid of tht falbby bit of ur tummy. NOT sit ups, crunches are better for your back and tbh just work better. sounds like you need to keep eating though, lots of meat!! low carbs. x

ReputationRep:
    you have a bmi of 17.3. you need to see a doctor. you seem to see your self as fat when you are clinically anorexic and if you do not gain weight you could end up very ill, even die.

the doctor will be able to sort you out with therapy (which will help you realise that you are 'organ failiur' skinny), give you some diet advice, and send you for tests to make sure you do not have brittle bones or electrolyt imbalances (which can kill).

loosing that much weight is never a good thing
    there's more to anorexia than just low weight.

i dont think her post indicates that she sees herself as fat actually. when a person loses weight rapidly and doens't exercise in the process, you end up thin but untoned (areas of loose skin which aren't very firm)

Yoga is a good idea to tone up a little. And see a doctor to aid in healthy weight gain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by codcod)
    seems to me you're trying to project an eating disorder onto someone who plainly doesn't have one. stop doing that.
    are you serious? i would not wish that on anyone.
    ok i adnit i missunderstood op but i was trying to make sure she did not have a eating disorder and was asking for tip on hpw to get to a even lower weight.

i stick my opinion that bmi 17.5 is very low and will not promote optimum health.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redders13)
    i don't want to read all this cos its really long, but if noone has said it yet, stomach crunches! gets rid of tht falbby bit of ur tummy. NOT sit ups, crunches are better for your back and tbh just work better. sounds like you need to keep eating though, lots of meat!! low carbs. x
    lol i don't think anyone else should read this either then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat1992)
    there's more to anorexia than just low weight.

i dont think her post indicates that she sees herself as fat actually. when a person loses weight rapidly and doens't exercise in the process, you end up thin but untoned (areas of loose skin which aren't very firm)

Yoga is a good idea to tone up a little. And see a doctor to aid in healthy weight gain.
    i did expain this post.
    i do not think op is anorexic. i was just worried she was thinking of it.

ReputationRep:
    OP - do what you want it is your life. all i was doing was making sure that you were not trying to get an eating disorder because you seem to think you are flabby when your infact very slim.

additionally, i have never heard such a silly argument.
    nothing in the OP hinted at a desire to develop an eating disorder.

and, as a recovered anorexic, you should know that people don't choose to have an eating disorder. it happens, and why it does it's completely out of your control.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is proof that the internet is full of lol. You all know who I'm referring to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    lol i don't think anyone else should read this either then
    lol it didnt come out right, i didn't know if i was jsut repeating something that someone had already said, thats why i pointed out that i hadnt read it. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redders13)
    lol it didnt come out right, i didn't know if i was jsut repeating something that someone had already said, thats why i pointed out that i hadnt read it. x
    I've got a bit of a flabby gut and i want to protect my back, how many crunches should i do so i can fit into an XS topman tee?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat1992)
    additionally, i have never heard such a silly argument.
    nothing in the OP hinted at a desire to develop an eating disorder.

and, as a recovered anorexic, you should know that people don't choose to have an eating disorder. it happens, and why it does it's completely out of your control.
    i understand that i am being a little too over reactive, it just scares me when people of a low weight see them self as bigger (or flabby as the op said).
    i dont think that op (or anyone) would choose an eating disorder but i was conserned that she was in denitle and didnt realise.

i do understand now that op is not anorexic and was not in denile either. i just got scared because she had a low weight and she though it was a good thing.

i am really digging a whole for myself here because for some reason no one can understand that i was concerned about her weight and how low it was... sorry maybe i jumped in too strong.

ReputationRep:
    7 stone is not healthy :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    I've got a bit of a flabby gut and i want to protect my back, how many crunches should i do so i can fit into an XS topman tee?
    if that is supposed to be funny or witty then i really don't get it? i was only helping with info ive learnt through dance training (flabby tummies don't go well with dancers), its not like im making it up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reiss24)
    How rude, you dont have to read them you know, remember you do have a choice! Anyway.... Just general toning exercise should do the trick, stomach crunches and weightlighting, you cud try press ups to, but it takes time so dont expect to see results straight away, but at least u know its working, and soon u will eventually see results and feel them too. A good balanced diet too will help!
    Shut the fudge up.

ReputationRep:
    i understand that i am being a little too over reactive, it just scares me when people of a low weight see them self as bigger (or flabby as the op said).
    I may be missing something, but I haven't once seen the OP say that she was fat (different to having fat), overweight, or obese. In fact, she's called herself slim on several occasions, and made a point about not wanting to lose anymore weight.

What she has said is that she is flabby. In other words, she has a high body fat percentage. I assume, I dunno. Point is, plenty of people have already pointed out that she is skinny-fat, and needs to put on muscle in order to not look flabby. The OP has recognised this. Why is everyone still going round in circles?

Stop it with the anorexia nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Igor00)
    I may be missing something, but I haven't once seen the OP say that she was fat (different to having fat), overweight, or obese. In fact, she's called herself slim on several occasions, and made a point about not wanting to lose anymore weight.

What she has said is that she is flabby. In other words, she has a high body fat percentage. I assume, I dunno. Point is, plenty of people have already pointed out that she is skinny-fat, and needs to put on muscle in order to not look flabby. The OP has recognised this. Why is everyone still going round in circles?

Stop it with the anorexia nonsense.
    you have just quoted me saying 'op says she is flabby' then told me that i am wrong and that 'op thinks that she is flabby'. did you quote the worng thing or is this a joke?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.