Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wandering-flower)
    im planning on making goldsmiths my firm does that mean that i cant pick loring halls as my accomodation? or do i just have to say ensuite or standard and they sort it out for us?
    You have to say whether you prefer en suite or standard and according to that, they give you a room in one of those halls. I *think* you can make up a top 3 of your hall choices, but I might be mistaken and confusing Goldsmiths with other universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wandering-flower)
    im planning on making goldsmiths my firm does that mean that i cant pick loring halls as my accomodation? or do i just have to say ensuite or standard and they sort it out for us?
    yea, u can't just choose loring, u say whether u want standard or ensuite and they just put you in one. So if you selected ensuite, they would put u in chesterman, loring or surrey house annexe

ReputationRep:
    hi, I'm doing a PGCE at Goldsmith, and I heard that the postgrads are normally staying at Dean House, Batavia Mews, McMillan or at Raymont Hall. I prefer Dean House, but does anyone know how the other halls are?

ReputationRep:
    Is it okay to send off my accommodation application to Goldsmiths, even though I haven't firmed them yet? Still waiting to hear from another uni..

ReputationRep:
    Im in Loring Hall at the moment, and its pretty cool. Just could be like a common room or something.

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my application yesterday :woo:. Am hoping to get into surrey house *fingers crosed,* unfortunatly I live in the home counties though so am not a top priority.

On the app I rated each accomadation from 1-8 (favourite to least favourite.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tashalls)
    I sent off my application yesterday :woo:. Am hoping to get into surrey house *fingers crosed,* unfortunatly I live in the home counties though so am not a top priority.

On the app I rated each accomadation from 1-8 (favourite to least favourite.)
    You got to choose which hall you wanted this year??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reddevilleanne)
    You got to choose which hall you wanted this year??
    You rate each from 1-8, so I don't know if I will get my top choice but you get to say which you would like best . I went from cheapest to mcmillan though lol.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I had better send mine off, keep forgetting to :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tashalls)
    You rate each from 1-8, so I don't know if I will get my top choice but you get to say which you would like best . I went from cheapest to mcmillan though lol.
    Wow, last year we only had the choice of putting a preference between ensuite or standard, we weren't allowed to ask for a specific hall!

ReputationRep:
    Bugger, need to send mine off too! I've accepted an unconditional, so I should have my alls assigned asap right?

ReputationRep:
    Err, can't remember much of when I applied but I shall throw my nuggets of wisdom into this smorgasbord. Chesterman Halls are really good. They're more expensive than others but they're really ******* good. Also, Goldsmiths luckily throw you in with people the same age as you, all the people in Chesterman I believe have had a year or two out of school before entering university. This means that you'll be with people in the same situation as you. The drawbacks consist of having to listen to rich kids trying to be hippies after spending some time in South-East Asia. I really ******* hate South-East Asia now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkmberry)
    alright, my question is not which accommodation i would want, but if i would want accommodation??

i'll be in my 4th year of uni, but coming to goldsmiths for the first time. i lived in student accommodation my first year, and it was honestly the best year i have had-- the majority of my close friends are from my hall. howeeeever, i am not so sure that is something i want to recreate, having lived on my own for 2 years. ideally, i would find people from gumtree and live in a house nearby, especially as it could be cheaper... but then i run the risk not making close friends. would it absolutely suck to not live in accommodation?? decisions decisions!!
    I would say student accomadation, it would be so much easier to make friends etc. Then again it's up to you obviously, just my 2 cents .

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got their place at halls yet, if so what one?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.