Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get hair back to my natural blonde.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am naturally blonde and dyed my hair red Dec 08. I continued dying it probably every 8 weeks or so and then just before Christmas this year, I used a brown dye on my hair just out of boredom.

I have now come to the final decision that I would like to go back to my roots and be blonde again. I was quite a bright blonde before and although I wouldnt want my exact same colour, I wouldnt want to be a mousey blonde.

Is it true that it could take several attempts to get it back?

Has anyone else been through a similar situation and got back to their natural blonde?

Is it true that it could damage my hair, to the point that it may need to be cut short?

Any advice whatsoever would be great!!
    Cheers.
    (:

ReputationRep:
    Hii

If you mean your original colour you can get a hairdresser to use this special stuff to strip the dye from your hair but I probably wouldnt recommend this as it can dammage your hair.

I wouldnt say it takes several attempts... i died my hair red ( mistake lol) and it only took one time to get it dark blonde. I would say defo go to a hairdresser who'll do it for you.
    Home jobs = ginge.

I dont think you can dammage your hair as long as you dont continually dye it over and over.

Only bad thing about blonde is it takes a lot of maintenance so the closest to your natural colour you can get the better.

hope this helps
    xx

ReputationRep:
    If your still a brunette atm then if you get a blonde dye it should dye it a good blonde colour. but it might take 2 lots ( like dye it once, then leave then dye again) to get a natural colour and maybe the colour your after.

i have done exactly the same thing as you in the past i have been nearly every colour there is, i am now back to blonde. You wont need to cut your hair off as it wont be that damaged, but just put lots of conditioner in it over the next few weeks, as your hair may be abit dry.

Also theres a thread about a product called B4 colour, you can get it from Boots which is like a hair stripper and it takes out all the dark hair colours you have used then you can use a blonde dye.

Hope I've helpp =]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.