Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is a silly question but... where am I supposed to put my keys, phone etc when I go running outside? I don't have a bumbag or anything like that. What do people do?

ReputationRep:
    Zip pocket.

ReputationRep:
    Get a lil bag like this

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to take your phone? Surely you can go without for half an hour or whatever?

I just have my ipod on a posey armband. I leave my door unlocked (which is safe in halls), but if you have to take a key just take it off your keyring so you don't have to carry an unnecessary bundle of keys, and put it in your pocket?

ReputationRep:
    I need 3 different keys to get into my building, and I feel safer with my phone, and I usually need a bottle of water etc. I would like to get one of those little bags, are they expensive?

ReputationRep:
    I would only recommend buying one of the bags like the one above if you're running long distances.

If you buy clothing designed specifically for running they usually have very discrete zip pockets for small items. I have running leggings with a tiny pocket in the back waistband + calf, and tops with small pockets at the side.

I have found it easier making copies of my door key, so you don't need to keep taking it on and off your keyring (especially if you have 3 keys) and they always stay in my running pockets.

The water bottles with the hole through the middle such as this http://www.startfitness.co.uk/produc...916&P_ID=39528 are easier to run with in comparison to normal bottles, as you don't have to grip as tightly.
    Personally I don't take a phone (my housemates always know I'm gone), but if you feel safer then I would just hold it in your hand rather than putting it in your pocket because of the weight.
    With the water bottle I mentioned above you can hold both in one hand, and swap hands half way during your run to avoid straining shoulders etc.

Hope that helps !

ReputationRep:
    If you want water and something to hold stuff in why don't you invest in a camelbak. They're hydration systems where the water's in a pouch in the bag and you've got a tube that lets the water out. You can also put small things in them too because most/all of them have a pocket. Anyway, camelbak's a brand so you might want to investigate other brands too.

ReputationRep:
    i just leave everything behind, and dump my key in a friends room
    for an hours running you can get away without water. any longer though and you'll need it.

i just find any sort of bag etc, is really uncomfortable and offputting to run with

ReputationRep:
    I have running leggings with a little zip pocket over the bum which i pop my key in. I don't usually take water running, cos my club does refreshments at the end and we usually run under an hour so its ok. I don't take a phone with me, I use running to get away from everything, and also run with a group so I feel safe anyway.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.