Turn on thread page Beta

Tony Blair to fight election campaign for Labour watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Tony Benn was the best PM the UK never had.

It's scary to think that idiots like Gordon Clown and Call-me-Dave have been and will get into power when this man accomplishes more in a day than both of them will ever achieve.
    Tony Benn was never PM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwilson03)
    Tony Benn was never PM?
    Nope, sad isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thingeh)
    So who do you plan on voting for? The tories plan on this too, so I assume you're hopeful of a highly shocking result at the election?

In regards to thread: I doubt they'll have Tony Blair broadcasted on live T.V., I think he's being stuffed into areas which they currently have no hope of winning and are throwing someone with charisma into these areas to win voters over (which I can see working). However, I do expect that soon enough Labour will be asking Gordon Brown's grandmother to give a speech at the local bingo club.
    The tories .The tories only plan on cuting the offers after midnight or a certain hour therefore we can get drunk in the day ha!

ReputationRep:
    Nope, sad isn't it?
    Well, maybe :p: . It's just that you said he was the best PM we ever had..

Most of the labourites I know mention Dennis Healey as the best PM you never had.

Well, maybe :p: . It's just that you said he was the best PM we Never had..
    Read it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    Read it again.
    Doh! Anyway I'm not sure I agree, I don't really know enough about Benn.

I think John Smith would have made quite a good PM though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    If Tony Benn were to be Prime Minister, then you would have those traditional Labour seats voting in droves because he actually appreciates working-class voters unlike Blair who only understands the rich middle classes.
    Ah...yes...but what you seem to have neglected taking into consideration is that you don’t need to pander to voters who are too stupid to actually vote for a better candidate when they blindly vote for a candidate solely based on why party the individual represents.

ReputationRep:
    Well, maybe :p: . It's just that you said he was the best PM we ever had..
    Pretty sure I said never had...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    Most of the labourites I know mention Dennis Healey as the best PM you never had.
    Most of the Tories I know mention Boris Johnson as the best PM they never had. I can see it now, Bojo staring down Putin, and then, out of no where this happens...

ReputationRep:
    Most of the Tories I know mention Boris Johnson as the best PM they never had. I can see it now, Bojo staring down Putin, and then, out of no where this happens...

I never get tired of that video

Isnt Tony Benn standing for Kensington or Chelsea or some uber tory seat in central london?

ReputationRep:
    This is too good, Sky has put it brilliantly: "the reforming of an aging rock band - Tony Blair's come back tour".

Too little, too late I'm afraid. Morever, the only place I want to see Tony Blair is hanging from a lamp-post.

What do we all think about this?
    I'd be equally happy with firing squad or guillotine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notker)
    I'd be equally happy with firing squad or guillotine.
    Guillotine, that's quite barbaric...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippopothomas)
    Ah...yes...but what you seem to have neglected taking into consideration is that you don’t need to pander to voters who are too stupid to actually vote for a better candidate when they blindly vote for a candidate solely based on why party the individual represents.
    And that's the kind of attitude that is at the heart of New Labour (and the Tories actually) and why politics has no meaning in this country any more. As I said earlier, people used to vote Labour because it meant something, now they just don't bother turning up to vote at all.

ReputationRep:
    Guillotine, that's quite barbaric...
    Really? Why? It's probably a (marginally) quicker and less painful death than hanging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notker)
    Really? Why? It's probably a (marginally) quicker and less painful death than hanging.
    I'd like to see him hang from a lamp-post though...

Is it that much of a crime?

ReputationRep:
    Is it that much of a crime?
    Erm ... thoughtcrime? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    people used to vote Labour because it meant something
    That is rather the nature of a mature democracy that is satisfying the basic needs of voters.

As voters we don’t try to fix what’s not broken, we just wait for the incumbent government to become sufficiently irrational and stupid (as seems to be their nature), then replace them with the now reformed opposition after they have been in the naughty corner for a few years.

So in a way if you are still a labour voter it still does mean something, you obviously haven’t been paying attention :yep:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippopothomas)
    That is rather the nature of a mature democracy that is satisfying the basic needs of voters.

As voters we don’t try to fix what’s not broken, we just wait for the incumbent government to become sufficiently irrational and stupid (as seems to be their nature), then replace them with the now reformed opposition after they have been in the naughty corner for a few years.

So in a way if you are still a labour voter it still does mean something, you obviously haven’t been paying attention :yep:.
    Well aren't you smug.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.