Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Tony Blair to fight election campaign for Labour watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I'd like to see him hang from a lamp-post though...

Is it that much of a crime?
    Legally; yes. Morally; hell no .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Well aren't you smug.
    Again :yep:.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think anybody in the country likes Blair other than the New Labour acolytes who see him as their idol for winning three elections much like the Thatcherite Tories love Mrs Thatcher.

And I have to say that whilst for me the Tories and New Labour are equally distasteful, I have far much more respect for Mrs Thatcher than I ever could for Tony Blair, because she would never have stood up in Parliament and told them a crock of lies, or deceived the public either, if she wanted to go to war she would have a reason why she thought it was right, and she would have argued with whoever would listen on why she was right and they were wrong.

Nobody who wasn't going to vote Labour anyway, is going to vote Labour because of Blair's involvement, but there might be a few old Labourites who were just about going to force themselves to vote Labour to keep the Tories out, who will now be so sickened by seeing him reappear, that they won't vote at all.

Tony Blair for me is like a bad dream, I hate the fact that he was Prime Minister of Britain, and how he embarrassed us internationally. When I was a kid and John Major was the PM, he was somebody who you looked on with respect even if you didn't support him, hardly anybody respects Blair.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like labour have basically self destructed then...

ReputationRep:
    This is too good, Sky has put it brilliantly: "the reforming of an aging rock band - Tony Blair's come back tour".

Too little, too late I'm afraid. Morever, the only place I want to see Tony Blair is hanging from a lamp-post.

What do we all think about this?
    I concur. Tony Blair is lying, thieving scum, I hope no-one is thick enough to vote NuLabour because of him :rant:

ReputationRep:
    This is too good, Sky has put it brilliantly: "the reforming of an aging rock band - Tony Blair's come back tour".

Too little, too late I'm afraid. Morever, the only place I want to see Tony Blair is hanging from a lamp-post.

What do we all think about this?
    A real master stroke this. Bring back one of the most corrupt, devious, and least popular PM's in modern history to head up the campaign of the rotting corpse of the New Labour experiment.

Sounds like a winner (if you can take the stench)

ReputationRep:
    Why have Labour recruited the most unelectable, despicable and heinous candidates to promote their cause? Let's not forget about Peter Mandelson. Who's next, a reformed Nick Griffin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    A real master stroke this. Bring back one of the most corrupt, devious, and least popular PM's in modern history to head up the campaign of the rotting corpse of the New Labour experiment.

Sounds like a winner (if you can take the stench)
    Perhaps they're going to fool us all and pull it off?

On a serious note, they've killed their chances if this is their, serious attempt at maintaining power.

ReputationRep:
    War criminals seem to be popular these days.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.