Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worried about the effect of sexual inexperience... watch

ReputationRep:
    I am a girl, 18 and still a virgin. I dont find being a virgin an issue at all and it was my own choice to remain a virgin. I did have a boyfriend for 18 months but I didnt feel ready or mature enough and was too self conscious.

However, we did do other things involving hands and mouths (if you get what I mean ) After we split up, I have done stuff with other guys but not sex.

I do now feel that I would be ready to have sex, with the right person (dont want to be in 'love' but someone who I care about.) but I am really really concerned about my lack of experience.

I dont want my attempt at sex to be laughable as I think most people by 18 know whats going on. Spesh the way people go on at uni.

I am also a bit embarassed about blow jobs. I enjoy giving them and would be willing to practice at getting better. But the thought of a guy receiving one from me and just thinking this is a bit rubbish.. is well ... kinda really embarrasing. (I guess I am a bit of a perfictionist.)

HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _glandular_fever)
    I am a girl, 18 and still a virgin. I dont find being a virgin an issue at all and it was my own choice to remain a virgin. I did have a boyfriend for 18 months but I didnt feel ready or mature enough and was too self conscious.

However, we did do other things involving hands and mouths (if you get what I mean ) After we split up, I have done stuff with other guys but not sex.

I do now feel that I would be ready to have sex, with the right person (dont want to be in 'love' but someone who I care about.) but I am really really concerned about my lack of experience.

I dont want my attempt at sex to be laughable as I think most people by 18 know whats going on. Spesh the way people go on at uni.

I am also a bit embarassed about blow jobs. I enjoy giving them and would be willing to practice at getting better. But the thought of a guy receiving one from me and just thinking this is a bit rubbish.. is well ... kinda really embarrasing. (I guess I am a bit of a perfictionist.)

HELP!!
    Lack of experience is nothing, just do what you think is the right way to go about things and if you're brave enough. Tell the guy you're a virgin, i'm sure he'd understand. I would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _glandular_fever)

HELP!!
    Dont worry I'll help you practice. :perv:

ReputationRep:
    Girls don't really HAVE to do anything. Just make sure the guy is on top and enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    Girls don't really have to try as hard as guys when it comes to sex, so I wouldn't worry so much. Being a virgin would be a plus point for most guys unless they're looking for a slut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveParlour)
    Girls don't really HAVE to do anything. Just make sure the guy is on top and enjoy it
    I wouldnt want that though. I wouldnt want the guy to be like
    'bloody hell that was pretty alright'

Haha but I guess that is all down to practice.

ReputationRep:
    IMO, if you're still a virgin at 21, it gets a bit worrying, at 18, i don't think its too bad.

ReputationRep:
    You're a girl! You don't need to do much work if you don't want to. Make sure the guy isn't lazy

Plus, I think its a bit of a turn on sleeping with a virgin. They have no past experience so nothing to compare you to :P

ReputationRep:
    Whats the drive to lose your virginity? It's something to be proud of and to be shared with a likeminded individual.

Sure you will be bad, as the guy will be as well. But you can learn together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsdanhunt)
    You're a girl! You don't need to do much work if you don't want to. Make sure the guy isn't lazy

Plus, I think its a bit of a turn on sleeping with a virgin. They have no past experience so nothing to compare you to :P
    How come your a london mag Dan ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mac29)
    Dont worry I'll help you practice. :perv:
    Vile.

Don't worry op plenty clueless guys around too. :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    How come your a london mag Dan ?
    From Durham originally! Plus most my family live up there as well as some of my mates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebbson)
    Vile.

Don't worry op plenty clueless guys around too. :gthumb:
    'twas nought but a joke u *******.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jukukiwaiyi)
    IMO, if you're still a virgin at 21, it gets a bit worrying, at 18, i don't think its too bad.
    It's worrying alright. I'm 21 :/ it's def worse if you're a guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsdanhunt)
    From Durham originally! Plus most my family live up there as well as some of my mates
    Cool. There seems to be quite a few down that way from what I gather.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Cool. There seems to be quite a few down that way from what I gather.
    Yeh there are quite alot at my uni. Shame there aren't more London teams in the Championship!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mac29)
    'twas nought but a joke u *******.
    Vile.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.