Turn on thread page Beta

I love a girl I hardly know. watch

Hey, before you jump in and said LUST, no.

I don't lust over her, I just love everything about her! sure it might change in time, but am i wrong to feel like im in love with someone i've just started seeing? We have a really really strong connection & I've never felt this way about anyone before!

And I'm EXTREMELY picky.

ReputationRep:
    kidnap

ReputationRep:
    This is infatuation, NOT love.

ReputationRep:
    I think u can only learn so much about a person u've only spoken to for a few minutes perhaps. The more ur around this person the more u'll discover ur true feelings

ReputationRep:
    Hey you :p:

It's called infatuation.... Pretty normal so early on my dear. It won't last and will turn into genuine feelings, genuine respect, genuine admiration, rather than superficial 'love/lust'.

ReputationRep:
    if you hardly know her how do you know you love her?

(Original post by -XxX-)
    if you hardly know her how do you know you love her?
    we spoke 2 hours straight in a house party? Can you speak that long with someone unless you are falling for them the more they speak? I told her poetry and she told my friends that she couldn't stop thinking about me, I couldn't stop thinking about her!

I was about to txt her and I swear 2min earlier, she TXT me with the exact thing i was gonna ask "how was your day?"

How can this be infatuation and love? but you're probably right. :yep:

So what should I call this? I am infutuated with a girl i just met?

Should i tell her, I am infutuated by you? will she respond good or bad to that.. lol! OFC, I won't say I love... But I've been with a girl for 1year and I never told her I loved her, cos i didn't!

ReputationRep:
    Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness!
    Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
    Conspiring with him how to load and bless
    With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eaves run;
    To bend with apples the mossed cottage-trees,
    And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
    To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
    With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
    And still more, later flowers for the bees,
    Until they think warm days will never cease,
    For Summer has o'erbrimmed their clammy cells

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    we spoke 2 hours straight in a house party?
    this is love? shocker.

(Original post by choongsta)
    this is love? shocker.
    let me guess you've been single all your life? /shoo and stop spamming.

ReputationRep:
    let me guess you've been single all your life? /shoo and stop spamming.
    sure... have fun explaining your infutuation to her

ReputationRep:
    Oh! It's meant to be!

ReputationRep:
    Lol either a 15 year old poster who does not understand anything about women and life or a troll tbh.

ReputationRep:
    we spoke 2 hours straight in a house party? Can you speak that long with someone unless you are falling for them the more they speak? I told her poetry and she told my friends that she couldn't stop thinking about me, I couldn't stop thinking about her!
    Speaking to someone for 2 hours doesnt mean youre in love with them...it means you can hold a conversation. Liking someone and being in love are two different things

I was about to txt her and I swear 2min earlier, she TXT me with the exact thing i was gonna ask "how was your day?"
    Thats great.... I hope you said "Jinx" but its not that random. If it was somethng like "i like the colour green" then it'd be weird but still not love

infatuation lol. You cant love a person till you know them. and thanks :p:

:yes:

Should i tell her, I am infutuated by you? will she respond good or bad to that.. lol! OFC, I won't say I love... But I've been with a girl for 1year and I never told her I loved her, cos i didn't!
    ermm no, you wait. First to find out if you actually like her and then to find out if she likes you back

ReputationRep:

DONT say ur infatuated, there will be a bad response
    dont rush. just tell her she's really fun to talk to or whatever, TAKE IT EASY JHEEZ! and dont throw around the "L" word like that, its sacred.

ReputationRep:
    Don't jump in too deep, just try to keep a strong hold on your feelings and when it's the right time, let them out.

ReputationRep:
    You're quite awkward, aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    Awww people, don't be mean.

I can really sympathise with you because I was in this situation once too. I met a guy at a party and we talked all night, for about 12 hours straight, about the deepest things. The connection between us was incredible and I wouldn't hesitate to describe it as love at first sight.

A word of warning - things ended very badly between us and it took me two years to get over him. I think this was because we rushed into things way too fast. Don't rush; take time to get to know her and to take her out on proper dates. If you two really do have a connection then that won't go away. Good luck!

Hey, I mostly fall in love with people I don't know. The people I know are boring, and I have intimacy issues which you could have too.

I don't think we have to live by terms. Just think of it as strong feelings - whose to say the burning fire you feel for each other is inferior to the 'love' of a married couple bored to death of each other. Don't let society tell you what real love is. Feelings are feeling, fire is fire.

Chase her, is my opinion.

Tbh ive felt like this once or twice. Usually after a break up, or maybe because I quickly put people into "I like you" and "I dont like you" categories. I know its not love, but the potential for love is there. Makes my heart go quicker and a bit mushy inside... aww......

Anyway, OP, talking to someone for 2 hours at a house party is NOT love, and saying that doesnt mean I've never been in a relationship, it just means I have some social proficiency. Love takes time to come about, it doesnt happen over night, especially not in 2 hours!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.