Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.

I had some rather complicated questions concerning my conditional offer and decided to email Oxford. Oxford, in turn, has instructed me to ask my college instead. I have emailed my questions to my college but haven't received a reply for more than 2 weeks. What do you think I should do?

Should I call the college? The problem is that my questions are quite complicated and could probably be answered only by the tutors that formulated my offer.

Should I try emailing the admissions tutor instead? I have looked him up on the college website. The problem is that he seems to teach a course that is completely unrelated to mine - I'm afraid that he may be unfamiliar with my offer as well.

Thanks.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well, term has started, so that's probably why you didn't receive a reply. Anyway, the person you'll need to get in touch with with be the subject tutor at your college who is the main person responsible for admissions (usually that will be one of the more senior fellows). Unless this is something which is terribly urgent, though, emailing them will probably be better than calling, because for all you know you may be interrupting them in the middle of a tutorial.

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes don't hear from tutors for a week or two; I wouldn't be too concerned. I'm sure they wouldn't be offended, however, if you e-mailed them again and politely asked whether they had received your previous e-mail. Perhaps you could e-mail the head of your subject and copy in the admissions tutor. Between them they should be able to sort it out quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the responses.

I guess I will try emailing the tutor that interviewed me and the admissions tutor who signed my offer letter.
    Any other ideas?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well, no. Unless you want to be a bit more specific about what those complicated questions you want to ask them actually are (which apparently you don't - fair enough).

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.